Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 08:41 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Great response.
Not sure if serious

Your only other option to stop the theft and aggression is to bring down the state since the state by it's very nature initiates force to enforce its laws, and take continued action to make sure another one doesn't take its place. I'm not sure if that jives with your nonaggression principle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 08:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Not sure if serious

Your only other option to stop the theft is to bring down the state since the state by it's very nature initiates force to uphold its laws, and take continued action to make sure another one doesn't take its place.
I'm trying to take down the State.

Interested in helping?

Edit: I see you added the non-aggression principle. Yes, I have to abide by it. But there are plenty of things we can all do to move toward freedom and away from tyranny/slavery.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:48 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Nope, I'm perfectly happy living in a (mostly) well functioning state. If I wanted to live in a stateless or quasi-stateless society, I'd go live on a remote island or in Mogadishu.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:49 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because you are no longer free, or they would not be able to take it at gun point.
Tell you what.

Don't pay any frigging taxes. Just don't.

If they ask you tell them that you'll pay your taxes after Trump pays his.

Seems fair to me.

As far as locally, you can be your own Texas ranger, your own firefighter, and your own paramedic.

Free enough now?

Old 02-28-2017, 08:51 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
You statist scum.

I disagree, obviously.

I can link you some clips or recommend a few books to heal you of this megalomania if you like.

Violence and theft have been the worst of us...not the best. The only morally and logically consistent view is anarchy imo.

You have two groups:

1. Statist: At birth the human enters into the social contract with the particular State that is currently ruling over that geographic area. All rights and privileges of the person are immediately ceded to the State at this point. Over your lifetime the State grants back your rights/privileges as it sees fit (driving age, how much water you can collect on your property, how long you may stand in one place at a time, etc). The State owns your mind, body, and fruits of your labor. These too are allocated back to you as it sees fit. Want to catch a fish? Better ask Uncle Sam. Want to build 20 chairs per day when the limit set by Sammy is 15? Gotta get permission. Wanna bake cakes exclusively for non-Christian Black guys over 6 ft tall? Sammy says no...gotta use your talents to serve who it says.

2. Non-statists: At birth the natural default setting of every human is that of anarchy. Each individual is not entered into a social contract by simply coming into existence. A human is born with full rights and privileges and may do whatever he wishes as long he does not initiate force on another (kill, steal, rape, commit fraud, etc). This is the non-aggression principle. Once a person initiates force on another that person has forfeited his rights and may be subjected to self-defense or retaliatory force. The only way an individual can alter his rights is by personal contract. This requires consent: the act of approval by two or more parties free from force with the cognitive ability to do so.
One thing I like about our current system a great deal, is it tells us what to prepare for. I'm not sure how we'll know what to prepare for if everyone gets to make their own social agreements. I'd be interested in learning about those books. I think that non-statist stuff sounds like it would be totally useless for a nation our size, but I genuinely would be interested in the possibility of some tiny island nation following that system of rules.

I'd actually like to ask for one of those names of one of those books, but it looks like this thread has expanded quite a bit between now an my last post, so you may not read this and I may not read your response if you respond, so don't worry about it. That does sound like another interesting idea though. I'll have to look up something about that on some website or other sometime.

Non-statism also seems like it would be pretty chaotic. It seems like there would come a point where the personal freedoms we gain from that type of government won't be worth the hassle.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:58 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
I never consented to the government's services either.
When you turned 18, you chose to stay.
Quote:
You can't leave the country without paying exit fees.
Start swimming. Or if you want to be more practical, Canada is that way ^ Mexico is that way V, start walking. Also, read up on Expatriation tax law, you'll find that you're woefully uninformed.

Quote:
Also, private property is different. It is an extension of self-ownership. I'm on your property at the party. You can kick me out at any time.

Try again.
You're right the U.S. can't deport one of its own citizens. Nevertheless, by choosing to remain, and in particular, choosing to remain in the country and participating in society, you are choosing to pay the costs.

Quote:
You'll find there's no way to be logically consistent unless you embrace the following two principles:

1. The non-aggression principle. Don't initiate force.
2. Respect for private property rights which is an extension of self-ownership and upholding principle #1 (NAP).
And these have what to do with anything?

Old 02-28-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Nope, I'm perfectly happy living in a (mostly) well functioning state. If I wanted to live in a stateless or quasi-stateless society, I'd go live on a remote island or in Mogadishu.
There are no stateless societies. One state puts us all at risk.

The Marshall Islands are a good example, specifically Bikini Atoll. They've switched hands from Spain to Germany to Japan to the U.S. just to name a few States. A strategic location for trade and to wage war made the islands appealing.

The U.S. conquered the islands in WWII and did nuclear testing on Bikini Atoll for decades due to its remote location. It's considered the most nuclear contaminated place in the world. Many of the islanders have suffered health effects to this day due the testing.

You can run but you can't hide from States. Your freedom only begins where their self-interest ends.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
When you turned 18, you chose to stay.

Start swimming. Or if you want to be more practical, Canada is that way ^ Mexico is that way V, start walking. Also, read up on Expatriation tax law, you'll find that you're woefully uninformed.

You're right the U.S. can't deport one of its own citizens. Nevertheless, by choosing to remain, and in particular, choosing to remain in the country and participating in society, you are choosing to pay the costs.

And these have what to do with anything?
Will you pay me the $20 after I shoveled your drive?

Old 02-28-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
One thing I like about our current system a great deal, is it tells us what to prepare for. I'm not sure how we'll know what to prepare for if everyone gets to make their own social agreements. I'd be interested in learning about those books. I think that non-statist stuff sounds like it would be totally useless for a nation our size, but I genuinely would be interested in the possibility of some tiny island nation following that system of rules.

I'd actually like to ask for one of those names of one of those books, but it looks like this thread has expanded quite a bit between now an my last post, so you may not read this and I may not read your response if you respond, so don't worry about it. That does sound like another interesting idea though. I'll have to look up something about that on some website or other sometime.

Non-statism also seems like it would be pretty chaotic. It seems like there would come a point where the personal freedoms we gain from that type of government won't be worth the hassle.
The Machinery of Freedom: Guide to a Radical Capitalism by David Friedman

It's the best book I could recommend to someone wanting to learn about anarcho-capitalism from the ground up. I wish I would have read it first when I was heading toward anarcho-capitalism (anarchy).

Yes, that's Milton Friedman's son.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:13 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
The Machinery of Freedom: Guide to a Radical Capitalism by David Friedman

It's the best book I could recommend to someone wanting to learn about anarcho-capitalism from the ground up. I wish I would have read it first when I was heading toward anarcho-capitalism (anarchy).

Yes, that's Milton Friedman's son.
Alright. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies