Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 10:59 PM

40,919 posts, read 48,858,158 times

Advertisements

Wonder whatever happened to Trayvons girlfriend Rachel Jeantel.

Poor girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctaHquihB8k

Old 02-28-2017, 11:02 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,576,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
ACA was the beginning of the end for the left. Far too radical, ineffective, heavy handed.
Yep Obamacare drove the nails in the Democrats coffin. They lost over 1000 seats and still don't get that people are pissed about it. Nor do the people getting the Obamacare handouts.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:06 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,555,180 times
Silly thread.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:10 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,887,486 times
No, the Michael Brown incident was far worse in terms of how it was manipulated and used, with key facts often being left out. However, I do think the media never should have used/would stop using that picture of Trayvon from when he was 12 to try to influence people's perceptions of the incident. Also, the use of the term "white Hispanic" when they found out Zimmerman was more than just a white guy/was also part minority was laughable. Gotta get that whiteness in there to suit the agenda! On normal days Hispanics are just called... Hispanics... because most Hispanics are either white or black, or both, since it's not a race but an ethnicity and group of nationalities.

However you try to spin it, George Zimmerman shouldn't have shot Trayvon. Florida shouldn't have laws that made what he did okay, either. He was told to not follow Martin, and he chose to not listen and then proceeded to kill him. Inexcusable. Poor example of an incident to use to try to vilify "the left."

Old 03-01-2017, 12:55 AM

66 posts, read 39,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No, the Michael Brown incident was far worse in terms of how it was manipulated and used, with key facts often being left out. However, I do think the media never should have used/would stop using that picture of Trayvon from when he was 12 to try to influence people's perceptions of the incident. Also, the use of the term "white Hispanic" when they found out Zimmerman was more than just a white guy/was also part minority was laughable. Gotta get that whiteness in there to suit the agenda! On normal days Hispanics are just called... Hispanics... because most Hispanics are either white or black, or both, since it's not a race but an ethnicity and group of nationalities.

However you try to spin it, George Zimmerman shouldn't have shot Trayvon. Florida shouldn't have laws that made what he did okay, either. He was told to not follow Martin, and he chose to not listen and then proceeded to kill him. Inexcusable. Poor example of an incident to use to try to vilify "the left."
Let me explain it another way: The notion that race was a factor is entirely speculative. Whether or not it was murder is a separate question. But everybody wanted to put themselves on a pedestal and assert that "he followed him because he's black!" And clearly, Zimmerman being "white" was needed for the narrative to take hold. Everybody felt compelled to make it about race, just to make themselves look good, even though at the end of the day, there was nothing there.

The truth is that we'll never know what Zimmerman was thinking. But because we don't know, somebody who says that race wasn't a factor is on just as firm ground logically as somebody who says race was a factor. And so everybody on the left (most people I have on facebook for example) felt compelled to pretend to know what Zimmerman was thinking, in the direction of calling him racist.

It set a precedent where we can just say someone is racist without any good reason, and then when anyone questions this we'll just say that racism is subconscious, or explain the "history of racism" in a patronizing tone. People are arguing racism into existence to show that they're on the right side of history. Then they add this case on to the list of incidents of racism to show how much racism there is. It's a self fulfilling prophecy, or a tautology. I don't know if I'm explaining this well, but to me there's something unnerving about it.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:30 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,008,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"The Trayvon Martin shooting was the beginning of the end for the left"

Afro Peruvian kills African American. The Media tried selling this as a White on Black murder which was a false premise to begin with. Why would the media try to perpetrate this lie

" Gladys Zimmerman said on Univision. "In my family we proudly come from the Afro-Peruvian race. My sons know their uncles, they know their aunts, they know their roots and my roots are not white, my roots are Afro-Peruvian."

Gladys Zimmerman, Mother Of George Zimmerman, Says Her Family Is 'Proudly Afro-Peruvian,' But Do His Black Roots Matter In Trayvon Martin Case?
There is nothing "Afro" about George Zimmerman. If he's black, then his mother should produce ONE black relative or a picture thereof. She only said that because his ass was in hot water, and she figured that if by some luck he DID get off (or even if he went to prison), black folks wouldn't be looking to shiv him at the first opportunity. She's wasting her time anyway. Black folks haven't touched him. It's been all white guys that have assaulted him because of his fat mouth.

But Zimmerman ain't in NO WAY black. Not Afro Peruvian, Afro American, Afro Hispanic, Afro German, or Afro Sheen. He's totally devoid of Afro anything! He's a white dude whose mother is probably some mixture of Spanish and Indian. He's as black as you.

So chill with all that Afro Peruvian nonsense.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:09 AM

3,524 posts, read 2,821,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
He did do that. He was much bigger than Trayvon and went after him despite being told not to get out of his van and let the police handle it. He has a history of violence. What don't you get?
I know its been five years but the facts are easy to look up, Trayvon ran away from Zimmerman and got away, his death was caused by his decision to double back and come up behind and jump Zimmerman, It was in this struggle that Zimmerman shot Trayvon in self defence.
If Trayvon had been a normal person he would have called the police after getting away, but he was a thug so he choose violence instead, wrong decision.

RR

Old 03-01-2017, 05:12 AM

31,343 posts, read 14,085,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
I don't know if that is when it started, but I do agree that the left isn't doing itself any favors by continuing down that path. It also is only getting worse for them since they continue to march down the same path even when what they say doesn't hold up to reality backed by statistics etc...

Lots of liberals are being left behind.
The masses of voters on the left don't understand statistics.
It's simply not their thing.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:39 AM

2,677 posts, read 1,688,921 times
The right and left are actually both in chaos now.

These non-thinking idiots want to believe otherwise.

And guess what? Racism and racial violence towards blacks is old as America itself. Some just don't like accepting this country's true history.

This is why divisions will exist because people don't think and simply want to find information that they supports their own opinions.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:35 AM

32,856 posts, read 12,122,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
No, he didn't. He was playing at being a cop and he had already been rejected by the police when he tried to get a job. It does NOT matter what Trayvon was doing, he had NO right to follow him and assault him. Martin had a right to defend himself.
this post ^^^^^ represents the equivalent of you sticking your fingers in your ears and humming and yelling neener neener to drown out parts of the thread that you don't like.

In a previous post on this thread (post #69), Salmonburgher absolutely destroys the same argument you are making above ^^^^^ and proves you wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies