Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 04:50 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Threads like these run contrary to the stereotype perpetuated even on this forum, that all people of 'color' are one big happy family and stick together.

Sure, some blacks may side with latinos under the political rainbow banner, but there are also many blacks against immigration of all kind. Blacks are being displaced from many traditional black cities. South Los Angeles is now majority Hispanic. Along with that displacement comes loss of power.

That's not going to sit well with any group.
The cultural and national origin of immigration matters too. Since we can't consider culture and demographics let's just have no more mass immigration. Legitimate visitors are fine but they have to leave on time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 05:22 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm gonna need some non alt-right sources before I will stop laughing at this one, WK.

I will give you "promoting the interests of illegal immigrants."

But, you cannot support the "over that of American citizens" portion of your post.

If you asked every illegal immigrant if they'd like instant US citizenship, you would not find too many who'd refuse and state that they prefer all those sweet illegal immigrant benefits that make things better for them than for citizens.
Any accommodation of illegals is at the expense of, and contrary to the interests of, all American citizens.

No citation is needed.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The cultural and national origin of immigration matters too. Since we can't consider culture and demographics let's just have no more mass immigration. Legitimate visitors are fine but they have to leave on time.
We should have the immigration policies of Mexico. Or Israel. (They'll DNA test your azz to make sure you're a Jew, so just be warned you can't go there if you're not basically just like them ethnically/racially. Just professing to be religiously or culturally Jewish isn't good enough. You have to be "of the tribe").

Can you imagine the uproar if we DNA tested all immigrants to make sure they've got majority or super-majority European ancestry? I think we should do it, just so all the liberals heads will explode and then we won't have to listen to all their lies, whining, and bitching all the time. Finally get some peace and quiet!

Last edited by phantompilot; 09-18-2018 at 05:32 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 05:28 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You mean, like Dems ignore the 2500+ servicemen and women that died on Obama's watch? But somehow focus on the 1 so far on Trump's?

You mean like the Conservatives who ignored the 4000+ killed under Bush's watch? But somehow we should focus only on those who died under Obama's watch?

Old 09-18-2018, 05:44 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
We should have the immigration policies of Mexico. Or Israel. (They'll DNA test your azz to make sure you're a Jew, so just be warned you can't go there if you're not basically just like them ethnically/racially. Just professing to be religiously or culturally Jewish isn't good enough. You have to be "of the tribe").

Can you imagine the uproar if we DNA tested all immigrants to make sure they've got majority or super-majority European ancestry? I think we should do it, just so all the liberals heads will explode and then we won't have to listen to all their lies, whining, and bitching all the time. Finally get some peace and quiet!
I think at least 80% of our immigrants should be of Western European ancestry and origin, kind like it was before 1965. Failing that just have no more immigration.

Liberals heads certainly would explode since making America less white and Western is their golden rule. But they'd still lie, whine, complain and attack and legislate from the courts non-stop until they got their golden rule back. But maybe it would cause their heads to literally explode and we'd finally get some peace lol.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:50 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Very sorry for what this father has gone through. Like Mollie Tibett's family, he has a right to voice his opinion. I hope he finds some peace and if speaking out gives him some, then more power to him.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I think at least 80% of our immigrants should be of Western European ancestry and origin, kind like it was before 1965. Failing that just have no more immigration.

Liberals heads certainly would explode since making America less white and Western is their golden rule. But they'd still lie, whine, complain and attack and legislate from the courts non-stop until they got their golden rule back. But maybe it would cause their heads to literally explode and we'd finally get some peace lol.
I'd like to see, in addition to a merit-based score, a mandatory DNA test requirement for an immigrant to have at a minimum, 85% European ancestry. That is what would be most akin to the Jewish immigration system...which nobody is complaining about.

I think it is only fair that all nations in the world should be allowed the same policies as the one country that was created out of thin air and which only Western nations fought for. At least have the common courtesy to extend the same largesse to the few groups that made the very existence of Israel a possibility, who alone shed their own blood and separated their own families, just so the Jews could have their own home.

Why should the people who made all of the sacrifices be denied the same leeway of self-actualization , autonomy, and sovereignty as their sole beneficiary?

Old 09-18-2018, 07:01 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
I object to 1 million globally sourced legal immigrants per year too, but that's just me. I'd like to see zero net immigration.

Perhaps it's time to do just that at least for awhile anyway until we can tackle this illegal immigration problem. Later we can import immigrants who's culture and belief systems are similar to ours and that we actually need to fill jobs here and won't be a burden to our society and are willing to assimilate into our society.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Not all of them start off that way.

A republican responded to a similar concern with illegal aliens, which I will pass on to you folks... *Womp Womp*

It's sad to hear Dems, acting this way. However, if we're keeping score, they've still got the high ground vs. their competition.

Not at first. I eventually got my citizenship. Where do you think all of us Americans originally came from?
Most Americans were born right here and their parents AND their parents before them.

I'd still like to understand where YOU got the belief (which is patently false) that immigration is "literally" what America is about?

What country are you originally from, maybe that will be helpful in understanding your misunderstandings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies