Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 03:11 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,211,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wait... didn't you think about all this before you had children? That's the problem, men and women "hook up" and expect everyone else to pay the consequences.
Childcare is something that should be affordable to all. Doesn't matter whether you think they should have children or not, fact is that people are going to have children whether they can afford to or not but keeping the parents out of the workforce because they can't afford childcare is not helping things, now or in the future. And you need those children to look after you when you're old and decrepit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I cant hear you due to the screaming hypocrisy. "the sexist Trump"?

exactly what has Trump done that is sexist that has not been done or even worse by democrats... .that don't seem to bother you?

like Hillary getting a child rapist out of jail? or Bill committing sexual assault in the white house.... or before he became president whipping his penis out and offering it up to a woman that didn't want to see it... or Ted Kennedy killing a woman and walking away?

you people, have no gall. you don't care one bit about sexism. you only care about damaging the other side politically.
I don't approve of any sexist politician, where do you get the impression that I do? Two wrongs don't make a right my friend, Trump is a sexist (plus many other ists) old fool and don't be mistaken about that. I'm just glad that women are finally making a stand in Congress.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:18 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,078,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenw729 View Post
Equal rights for women is not a legitimate cause? I should be stunned some people still think that way, but there's enough neanderthals still around that I don't.
Nice spin. All I saw was a row of people wearing white because they lost an election and are still angry.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:28 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,593,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Childcare is something that should be affordable to all. Doesn't matter whether you think they should have children or not, fact is that people are going to have children whether they can afford to or not but keeping the parents out of the workforce because they can't afford childcare is not helping things, now or in the future. And you need those children to look after you when you're old and decrepit.
So you're so concerned about caring for your children that you'll have them even when you can not afford to pay for their care when you work. OK then.

On a side note, this goes for people bringing children into poverty. To bring a child into poverty is the cruelest thing you can do to a child. Think about someone else besides getting busy and expecting someone else to pay for the results.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:30 PM

9,128 posts, read 5,764,674 times
My first thought was that they were copying Damas de Blanco.

Heroic women standing up to a dictator.
(Damas de Blanco, that is, not those dimmies in Congress.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladies_in_White

Old 03-01-2017, 03:31 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,593,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post

I don't approve of any sexist politician, where do you get the impression that I do? Two wrongs don't make a right my friend, Trump is a sexist (plus many other ists) old fool and don't be mistaken about that. I'm just glad that women are finally making a stand in Congress.
I'll bet you approve or approved of Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton is one example of extreme sexism. Their marriage is a marriage of political convenience based on one day Hillary running for president. We know now that it didn't turn out the way the Clintons planned.

You'd have no problem with Mr Sexism Billy running through the WH again. You were willing to over look that ... making you a hypocrite.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:43 PM

9,300 posts, read 16,593,074 times
Pathetic. Instead of doing something positive and intelligent, like trying to work together and compromise, they wear white for women's rights which Trump is addressing. Really? These women are representing the women in America? Sad.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:46 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,646,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I am a woman. I can vote, work, drive, travel, go to school, earn the same salary as my male counterparts... what were these woman silently "protesting"?? What exactly is Trump taking away from them?
Maybe literacy?

If you had read the link you would see it was NOT a protest, but the equivalent of wearing a pink ribbon for BC awareness, or anything of a similar nature. It was a show of support, not protest.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:48 PM

14,852 posts, read 11,982,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Mass wedding, mass suicide, kkk, who knows. Silly journalists using the word suffragettes, that's what they call them in England. In the states we call them suffragists.
IMO it was a bid for attention on their part. Those white outfits sure went well with those sour puss faces, though.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:50 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,465,912 times
Was their message "white power"?

Old 03-01-2017, 03:57 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,211,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'll bet you approve or approved of Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton is one example of extreme sexism. Their marriage is a marriage of political convenience based on one day Hillary running for president. We know now that it didn't turn out the way the Clintons planned.

You'd have no problem with Mr Sexism Billy running through the WH again. You were willing to over look that ... making you a hypocrite.
I was a child when Clinton was President so had no opinion on him at the time. But I highly doubt they based their marriage on Hillary one day running for President, that seems very very unlikely. I don't like Hillary either but she was the lessor of two evils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies