Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 04:01 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,196,183 times

Advertisements

Starving the Beast was a book written by Grover Norquist. It preaches that if you cut taxes as opportunities arise you can eventually compromise Social Security, Medicare, Education, and other programs that make America livable.

Here is a video that reveals the long history of Republican efforts to this end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZrOGpFAZoM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 04:03 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,888,809 times
I would love to see SSI, Medicare and the Department of Education removed. It is not under the authority of the Federal government to institute such.

But lets be honest, the above post is a lie, it is propaganda designed to influence stupid people.

Are you people stupid? Progressives think you are.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:05 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,739,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I would love to see SSI, Medicare and the Department of Education removed. It is not under the authority of the Federal government to institute such.

But lets be honest, the above post is a lie, it is propaganda designed to influence stupid people.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ x10

Old 02-24-2017, 04:11 PM

5,885 posts, read 3,861,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Starving the Beast was a book written by Grover Norquist. It preaches that if you cut taxes as opportunities arise you can eventually compromise Social Security, Medicare, Education, and other programs that make America livable.
Amazing how after all these years the corporate elite can still convince their voters via their Republican puppets that lowering the corporate tax rate across the board is the solution to the problem of economic growth, when there is nothing over the past four decades of reducing taxes on the 1 percent that demonstrates a positive trickle down effect.

Giving more money to the richest members of society does however give them more money to buy elections, buy judges, buy politicians, buy think tanks, media institutions, and change not only the narrative of economic reality, but shift massively the relative power of organized capital vs. backpeddling defensive and largely deciminated/disorganized labor.

So while corporations continue merging and acquiring and lobbying for their additional sources of crony capitalist funding, the average worker bee in the global and domestic economy is left wondering, can I ever get a break from the monotony of working more and more for less and less in the new Golden Age of Rule by the Predatory Capitalism of the 1 percent?

Old 02-24-2017, 04:13 PM

18,423 posts, read 9,048,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Amazing how after all these years the corporate elite can still convince their voters via their Republican puppets that lowering the corporate tax rate across the board is the solution to the problem of economic growth, when there is nothing over the past four decades of reducing taxes on the 1 percent that demonstrates a positive trickle down effect.

Giving more money to the richest members of society does however give them more money to buy elections, buy judges, buy politicians, buy think tanks, universities, media institutions, and change not only the narrative of economic reality but also shift massively the relative power of organized capital vs. backpeddling defensive and largely deciminated and disorganized labor.

So while corporations continue merging and acquiring and lobbying for their additional sources of crony capitalist funding, the average worker bee in the global and domestic economy is left wondering, can I ever get a break from the monotony of working more and more for less and less in the new Golden Age of Rule by the Predatory Capitalism of the 1 percent?
Best post I've seen in months. Bravo!

Old 02-24-2017, 04:20 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,196,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post

Some corporate stooge got in there with a pretty quick response.

I agree with the video and I'm no liar. Follow the money. Remember that for every dollar that you pay into Social Security, some corporation must match it. They want out at your expense.

Follow the money. As long as it doesn't cost them anything, the billionaire class will see you destitute. And you busted your butt a life time to make them richer.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:30 PM

25,349 posts, read 16,998,418 times
Quote:
Starving the Beast was a book written by Grover Norquist. It preaches that if you cut taxes as opportunities arise you can eventually compromise Social Security, Medicare, Education, and other programs that make America livable........
Starving The Beast does no such thing.
You should write about a book you have actually read.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:35 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,888,809 times
Quote:
Some corporate stooge got in there with a pretty quick response.

I agree with the video and I'm no liar. Follow the money. Remember that for every dollar that you pay into Social Security, some corporation must match it. They want out at your expense.

Follow the money. As long as it doesn't cost them anything, the billionaire class will see you destitute. And you busted your butt a life time to make them richer.
LOL

LOL

Oh for the love of intelligence, LOL!

You have no idea how SSI works do you?

Old 02-24-2017, 04:37 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,229,731 times
Let's kill the monster in one swift motion by eliminating the State.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:47 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,465,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post

Giving more money to the richest members of society does however give them more money to buy elections, buy judges, buy politicians, buy think tanks, media institutions, and change not only the narrative of economic reality, but shift massively the relative power of organized capital vs. backpeddling defensive and largely deciminated/disorganized labor.

This has to be the most ignorant post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Best post I've seen in months. Bravo!
I stand corrected. This is more ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies