Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 03:12 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You think telling children that there are gay people in the world is equivalent to showing them murder and rape? Seriously?

You make a lot of crazy points, but that one is sure ridiculous.

To your last point - a parent should always be aware and educated on what they're showing their children. If they don't want their children to see it, they shouldn't show it to them.
Homosexuality is sexual deviance. It is inappropriate to insert such concepts to young children. If a person wants to claim they are sexually deviant, they can do so once they are an adult, but to foster such concepts to a child is irresponsible, it is akin to teaching a child to be of the opposite sex.

Homosexuality used to be considered as a mental illness, like Trans-gender is now, but it was changed, not to the study of science, not to the extreme evaluations and testing, but simply due to political pressure by activism.

So no, we should not foster mental illness to our children, it would be irresponsible.

Like you said though, Disney is free to do as they will, and we are free to not patronize them. That is the beauty of a free society, we all have a choice... well... unless you are a baker. /ponder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 03:18 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
LOL at the horror of "introducing" children to the "gay lifestyle". As if in 2017, most people don't have gay relatives/friends/neighbors/colleagues, and children see same sex couples all the time and live to tell the tale.

Also, here's another secret for the real worldly types posting here: some gay people....have children!

Old 03-06-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Also, here's another secret for the real worldly types posting here: some gay people....have children!
So do many pedophiles, not sure your point here.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:24 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
There certainly are still a lot of backwards bigots.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:24 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Yep, fact is, many of them tend to think their actions are not normal and they are guilt ridden for it (which is why their suicide rates are much higher than heterosexuals). Even with many in society not caring, commenting or paying attention to them, many still seek acceptance, open approval for their behavior.

There will never be the "just leave me be and go about my business" among most as they crave constant approval from the masses, the constant indicator that what they are doing is ok. It is why they need gays represented in every movie, every show, in every book, and every form of public appearance. They are represented far far past their actual numbers, have been openly accepted in many areas of entertainment, government, etc.... yet.. it isn't enough. None can be disapproving or their guilt continues.

It is why there will always be that narcissistic need to be seen, to be praised, to be approved of.
Well if a gay person were surrounded by folks like you then yeah they would be driven to suicide. That is the reality for many gays in certain parts of this country.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:26 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
So do many pedophiles, not sure your point here.
You just torpedoed your own point by bringing up pedophiles. You should probably fold up your tent.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:32 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
We interrupt Hamilton to berate Pence so why not?

Meh dumb but more likely to drop some ticket sales to conservative families. Its their show.
Get your poop in a group, the show was already over. He was leaving as the "speech" was made.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Well if a gay person were surrounded by folks like you then yeah they would be driven to suicide. That is the reality for many gays in certain parts of this country.
If a gay person was surrounded by people like me, they wouldn't have a single comment to them about it because I could give a rats arse about their sexual habits. I however will not praise them for it, talk about their deviance, etc... You see, I come from a time when it was none of anyones business, when Gays USED TO CLAIM "why can't people just let us be, get out of our bedroom, we don't want your attention?", but now say "look at me, I am gay, did you know I am gay?"

So don't flatter yourself, if we never had to praise and recognize homosexuality, most people would have gone about their business.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You just torpedoed your own point by bringing up pedophiles. You should probably fold up your tent.
Both are sexually deviant behaviors. You going to go into the "consenting" argument now?

Ok, fine.. I will play.. how about Necrophiliacs? Pre-consented corpse of course.

We good now? That deviance work for ya?

Old 03-06-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
There certainly are still a lot of backwards bigots.
Do you even know what the word bigot means? /facepalm

I could call you a bigot for not accepting my view point?

Uh oh? What do you do now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies