Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 02:26 PM

62,536 posts, read 28,742,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
At least it will keep the 8-month old pregnant woman out who wants to have her anchor baby here. Oops, did I say that out loud?

Not to be mean, but we all know that happens. It's the golden ticket to stay here. The best thing we could do is fine employers for hiring and end birth right citizenship. Though we know the donor class wouldn't like the first thing, and it would take a 2/3 majority in both the House and Senate to amend the constitution.

The Constitution wouldn't have to be amended because it never granted babies born on our soil birthright citizenship anyway. It's merely been a PC policy to do so. The Supreme Court just needs to re-visit the 14th Amendment for its true meaning and intent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 02:30 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,744,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post

I guess Mexican congressmen want to come here too

Old 03-03-2017, 02:32 PM

37,056 posts, read 42,009,908 times
A proper wall/fence/border will absolutely be a deterrent. It won't solve everything, but it will slow it down and send a strong message won't it? No need to fear any sort of blockage at the border, it's a natural thing to do when you want to keep control of your country.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:35 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,910,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's also the reason that most pro-illegals don't want the wall because they know it will be a huge deterrant and fewer illegals will attempt to breach it. They either hire them, are bleeding heart liberals or have ethnic ties to these illegal aliens. They fool no one with their claims it won't work or that it's too expensive to build. I laugh at their lame excuses because they are so transparent.
No, that's not my reason. I just think that pissing away 40 billion plus ongoing maintenance is plain stupid. Increase patrol presence if you wish and enforce existing labor laws. Quit with the worry about "people who don't want to work" and fix the majority of the problem with people coming for work.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:36 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,828,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wonder how many people helped his out of shape body get on top of that wall.
If you look there is chain link fence for most of it, I don't recall seeing many chain link fences on that style wall. In ant event it's a deterrent and with increased monitoring will certainly stem the flow of illegals coming in.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Having been over and over that any number of times once more might just do it?

The wall is shown to work where it is because they GO ELSEWHERE where it isn't. Now before you go all 'well that proves a wall works', it only proves that if another choice is still available, they will go to the easiest route first.

Once you've managed to convince, force compliance or outright eminent domain those areas of the southern border owned by Americans who do not want the dang thing and manage to build a wall down the banks or middle of the Rio Grande through the entirety of Texas they will no longer have a choice and come over the thing wherever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG9f-1mxfiM

Surely you cannot doubt the fact that if it were YOU on the other side of it wanting out, you'd find some way to get over a mere wall. Were I an enterprising entrepreneur I'd start up a hang glider business selling them all the cheapest piece of crap to then launch them off the top of a boom truck backed up to the silly wall. buy an old fire ladder truck and just let them slide down a slide the other side. Rent a Cessna with a lift up side door and throw four of them out with old military surplus T-10 canopies rip-corded to a seat belt anchor bolt.

There are already literally thousands of ways to get over a wall and more to yet be invented, but you can take it to the bank they'll prove to be just as enterprising as you'd be.

Cripes you're making that wall out to be some insurmountable mountain pass. They'll be figuring out how to go over it before the thing is even finished if the DEMAND for them still exists.
That's the idea!! Force them to try and enter in more dangerous and harder place and therefore fewer will try. Those are the places where the Border Patrol can patrol and handle.

If American land owners don't want the wall on their property then so be it They'll have to deal with all these illegals, drug cartels themselves then. I can guarantee once that happens they'll be crying for a wall to be built on their property.

Um, no. I wouldn't violate another country's borders for my own selfish gain. I don't have that kind of mentality. Your continued desperate attempts to discredit the workability of the wall are getting comical. Hang gliders, ladders, etc. lol. There are many ways to get over any wall but you don't see that rampently happening around our homes and businesses, do you?

If they could figure out how to get over the wall in the San Diego and Tucson areas where the double and triple layered wall is already built then why didn't they? No, instead it cut illegal immigration back to a trickle in those areas and they were forced to try at much more dangerous and harder places and I'll bet many of them didn't succeed or try then. You're continuing to grasp at straws here. At least it gives me a good laugh anyway.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
No, that's not my reason. I just think that pissing away 40 billion plus ongoing maintenance is plain stupid. Increase patrol presence if you wish and enforce existing labor laws. Quit with the worry about "people who don't want to work" and fix the majority of the problem with people coming for work.

Um, sure. Have you also complained about the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us? Since it's already been proven to work in the San Diego and Tucson areas why would it be pissing money away? Will the wall in including maintenance cost us that every year? I don't think so! How are you coming up with this $40 billion figure anyway? Last I heard the wall at most would cost $25 billion.

I'm concerned about all illegal entry. Job and benefit seekers, criminals, drug cartels and terrorists. The wall will help deter all of them. It has to be a total package though. E-verify, internal enforcement, denying illegals benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids and the wall.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:51 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,890,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Razor wire, electric shocks, guard stations manned with snipers... it all sounds so wonderfully Mad Max.

How about just penalizing employers who don't follow the law?

It's how other nations do it and seems to work for them.
We can do that too as we are killing the invaders! It is a twofur!

Good idea!

Old 03-03-2017, 02:56 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,910,465 times
I live in San Diego. For 200 years or so we have lived fairly happily with mexico wall or no wall. the border fencing has just pushed crossers further east to the mountains and desert. People here just don't seem so butt hurt about this as people in flyover country. Been part of our culture forever.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
I live in San Diego. For 200 years or so we have lived fairly happily with mexico wall or no wall. the border fencing has just pushed crossers further east to the mountains and desert. People here just don't seem so butt hurt about this as people in flyover country. Been part of our culture forever.
Illegal immigration is a part of our culture? Yeah, those drug cartels and illegal aliens trespassing on their property and increasing their crime rates must really make San Diegans real happy. Not to mention paying their share of the $113 billion that illegals cost us every year. I'm sure the blue-collared workers of San Diego appreciate having their jobs stolen or their wages reduced by illegal aliens makes them real happy also. All those non-English speaking students in their schools since they are so close to the border must be a real joy also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies