Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 08:11 AM

62,536 posts, read 28,742,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I read through this whole thread and no one mentioned the tunnels. I've seen them on the news, tunnels going under the boarder where people and drugs are smuggled in. I don't think it matters how high you build a wall, put razor wire on it, or if you electrify it if some just goes under it. Heck, you could even just cut a hole in it or blow a hole in it with explosives.

The wall is 20th century technology. You need a 21st Century solution. Someone mentioned e-Verifiy. That sounds like a better "wall" to me.

We have technology now called "tunnel sensors". Where a good double and triple layered wall was built on our southern border it cut back illegal immigration in those areas to a trickle. The same could be said about the walls around our homes and businesses. Why not just tear them down then because there is a minority chance of someone penetrating it? You anti-wall people crack me up!

Criminals, the drug cartels and terrorists aren't looking for jobs, thus the wall. However, as I have said over and over again I am for e-verify, denying benefits and birthright citizenship to illegal alien's kids and that will be a deterrant to those seeking to make a living here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 09:31 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,331,152 times
So climbing OBAMAS wall means that Trumps wall won't work? Just because Obama was so incompetent he couldn't even have a decent wall built doesn't mean no one else can.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:02 PM

35,382 posts, read 20,756,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
If the Mexicans think a wall is absurd and will not be much of a deterrent, then why do they care if it gets built? Of course they know it will be a huge deterrent.
They don't care , I care, fix the routing bridges, potholes, rat infested schools etc. with my tax dollars!

Old 03-04-2017, 07:06 PM

35,382 posts, read 20,756,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We have technology now called "tunnel sensors". Where a good double and triple layered wall was built on our southern border it cut back illegal immigration in those areas to a trickle. The same could be said about the walls around our homes and businesses. Why not just tear them down then because there is a minority chance of someone penetrating it? You anti-wall people crack me up!

Criminals, the drug cartels and terrorists aren't looking for jobs, thus the wall. However, as I have said over and over again I am for e-verify, denying benefits and birthright citizenship to illegal alien's kids and that will be a deterrant to those seeking to make a living here.
We have a lot if illegals and drugs in south Fl. Did not come via land - so I am not for the wall. If you do stop the cartel with drugs, druggies will make worst stuff,,, deal with the habit or addiction. To any problem have to find the " need" to stop it.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:10 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,229,707 times
we shall see when we put greaser and barb wire on our wall for him to try that again......we might use a ZAP technology just like we do flies to see if he will pull that $hiat!

Old 03-04-2017, 11:17 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,054,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Privatize the border.
The highest bidder may just be some Mexican drug cartel.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:31 PM

42,748 posts, read 25,957,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I read through this whole thread and no one mentioned the tunnels. I've seen them on the news, tunnels going under the boarder where people and drugs are smuggled in. I don't think it matters how high you build a wall, put razor wire on it, or if you electrify it if some just goes under it. Heck, you could even just cut a hole in it or blow a hole in it with explosives.

The wall is 20th century technology. You need a 21st Century solution. Someone mentioned e-Verifiy. That sounds like a better "wall" to me.
yep! I've mentioned that a dozen times in these forums the problem is that employers don't want it and politicians will never go against their campaign contributors, so we will play games and act like we are actually accomplishing something buy building a stupid 30' wall and Amazon will have a run on 34' ladders (they only cost $400)

Old 03-04-2017, 11:32 PM

42,748 posts, read 25,957,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
The highest bidder may just be some Mexican drug cartel.
It's funny you said that, when Customs and Border Protection couldn't hire enough agents a few years ago they quit doing polygraph tests on job applicants and ended up hiring a bunch of cartel members
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies