Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 08:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,168,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump very rarely takes vacations, he sure isn't taking "vacations" now, he is trying to have a private conversations away from the career people in the White House that are leaking information.
What 'career people'? His inner circle is leaking the info.

The calls are coming from inside the house!

Trump's Inner Circle Fails to Save Him From Himself | RealClearPolitics

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.7ed8794ee35e

Old 03-03-2017, 08:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,847,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What 'career people'? His inner circle is leaking the info.

The calls are coming from inside the house!

[URL="http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/01/27/trumps_inner_circle_fails_to_save_him_from_himself _132922.html"]Trump's Inner Circle Fails to Save Him From Himself | RealClearPolitics[/URL]

[URL]https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-trump-administration-has-sprung-a-leak-many-of-them-in-fact/2017/02/05/a13fad24-ebe2-11e6-b4ff-ac2cf509efe5_story.html?utm_term=.7ed8794ee35e[/URL]
LOL!!

[youtube]rkcGm-pWwsQ[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcGm-pWwsQ[/url]

Old 03-03-2017, 08:50 PM

32,901 posts, read 12,184,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That would be fine with me.

I actually believe the house reps and senators should remain in their districts and telecommute to D.C. I'm sick of paying for their flights back and forth. I'm sick of paying for an office in their home district and one in DC. I'm sick of paying for a car service. I'm sick of paying for a staff in each location. I'm sick of paying for a meal stipend for them in DC.

Let's pay for four or five trips to D.C. for them each session while making them accessible to the people they represent most of the year and save us tax payers a ton of money.

As a side note, imagine how much harder it will be for lobbyists. Also, maybe they won't get that DC mindset.
Re the bolded, I was thinking the same thing as I read the first three paragraphs of this post.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:52 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,053,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Then he should go to Camp David where it is very secured. And there would be not extra tax dollars paying for it. But he said it was too rustic for him In other words...it's beneath his standard. And how can you say he very rarely takes vacations. If going to your luxury home every weekend isn't a vacation then please tell me what is
I told you, he wants to be able to have private conversations, and meetings, that isn't going to happen with the bad apples in the government that run the White House, and Camp David.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:54 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,053,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Really? He has to go to the Mar a Lago dining room in Florida to have a private conversation? Who is he talking to? The same people he talks to in DC. Oh, wait. Maybe not.
He's talking to his GOLF CLUBS!

I guess Trump is now a magnet: that golf club keeps following him around and wrapping itself around in Trump's little hands?

Stop making stuff up, will ya?

Trump goes to Florida to PLAY GOLF. That's a vacation. Every darn weekend, except once, he's been PLAYING GOLF in Florida.

That is the reality.

You've been had.
Yes, Trump is playing golf all week long.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:56 PM

31,877 posts, read 14,860,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That would be fine with me.

I actually believe the house reps and senators should remain in their districts and telecommute to D.C. I'm sick of paying for their flights back and forth. I'm sick of paying for an office in their home district and one in DC. I'm sick of paying for a car service. I'm sick of paying for a staff in each location. I'm sick of paying for a meal stipend for them in DC.

Let's pay for four or five trips to D.C. for them each session while making them accessible to the people they represent most of the year and save us tax payers a ton of money.

As a side note, imagine how much harder it will be for lobbyists. Also, maybe they won't get that DC mindset.
Dang, we have our differences but I am liking you more and more. I wholeheartedly agree with you. Why are we paying for this.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:56 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,376,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You don't believe anybody. DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK.

You go ahead and ask for all those records. I won't do your homework for you.

Stop imagining things.

Like I said, it is you imagining, Trump is making us pay for Mar-o-Lago.
It is on you to prove what you said. How do you prove something didn't happen, but by no one having any evidence.

Show me an Invoice for Mar-o-Lago. There has to be a paper trail to keep it legit for what you say is going on, based upon what you would do.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Then he should go to Camp David where it is very secured. And there would be not extra tax dollars paying for it. But he said it was too rustic for him In other words...it's beneath his standard. And how can you say he very rarely takes vacations. If going to your luxury home every weekend isn't a vacation then please tell me what is

Nixon found out quick, Camp David is bugged.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Maybe the idiots can find Cindy Shehan, of GW's Crawford Ranch fame and park her at the gates to Mar-o-Lago, so she can virtue signal you guys. Like she did in Crawford.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:04 PM

31,877 posts, read 14,860,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I told you, he wants to be able to have private conversations, and meetings, that isn't going to happen with the bad apples in the government that run the White House, and Camp David.
Camp David is the most secured place any president could go. It's in the woods and surrounded by camera's and secret service. Plus it's very hard to find. And how can he have private conversations when he is in Florida since it's a public place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.