Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2017, 05:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Trump has already covered this. His products are made overseas because regulations and taxes here made it more profitable that way. That's why he ran for president and what he wants to fix.

If Germany can keep a strong manufacturing base and remain a 1st world economy, surely we can figure this out.
So what? Trump covered it? Ivanka is still having her clothes made in Asia, even as she proposes legislation to the US Congress. Kellyanne Conjob went on tv and promoted Ivanka's clothing line. All the lemmings who ran out to buy her clothes (and many many Trump lemmings did) were buying Chinese. They were enriching Ivanka by buying her Make China Great Again clothes--that is called self-dealing.

The hypocrisy emanating from this sanctimonious and unethical administration is revolting.

http://www.oregonlive.com/trending/2...ommercial.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 05:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
So your world sucks because Trump's ties are made in China....
Sure whatever
I wouldn't buy Trump products wherever they were made so it doesn't matter. The point is let's not hold anyone else to a standard even Trump doesn't adhere to.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:03 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,937,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I wouldn't buy Trump products wherever they were made so it doesn't matter. The point is let's not hold anyone else to a standard even Trump doesn't adhere to.
Pathetic excuse. It's ok to shutdown our steel industry because Trump's ties are made in China. Nice and sound partisan economic policy genius.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
None of them will answer this...
I answered it but you found it inconveniently didn't fit your narrative.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:06 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Thank you. I agree with much of what you've said. If I had a lawn to mow, I'd buy a John Deere and do it myself. I sold my lawn tractor when I moved to the Southwest. As far as the berries, I buy the frozen ones at Sam's. I'm not sure where they are from. I don't have a Whole Foods available, but I do go to the Natural Grocer quite often and buy produce and meat. I even splurged recently and bought a $35 jar of grass fed ghee from California.

You are correct. I was curious about whether the other side could support the idea. Judging by the responses, there does appear to be a few that are on board with the initiative. That is refreshing to see. I knew the Trump haters would chime in as well, but that was not really the purpose of the thread. It was a simple question really.
You are aware, are you not, that the entire "Buy American" campaign is not new to Trump, and that it actually came to be a popular phrase in the 80s, as the automotive industry was trying to recapture market share from the Japanese, who, frankly, had a better product at the time? Of course you are! Good job!

I'm not a fan of Trump, but if it were not for the absurdity of him talking about putting America first, whilst having just about every single one of his products, if not all of them, manufactured overseas, I would have kept my mouth shut. I would have more respect for him if he would lead by example and move production to the US.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:08 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Oh grow up. You start a BS thread and want us to believe in Trump when he has his own clothing line and his daughters made in China. Come back when you can make a real thread.Maybe it 's you who hates America by backing Trump?
The Trump klan has special privileges. They own enough American sheep to offset their foreign endeavors.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:10 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,995 times
Kind of hypocrisy on Trump's part. Heck his last 2 wives have been imports.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You are aware, are you not, that the entire "Buy American" campaign is not new to Trump, and that it actually came to be a popular phrase in the 80s, as the automotive industry was trying to recapture market share from the Japanese, who, frankly, had a better product at the time? Of course you are! Good job!

I'm not a fan of Trump, but if it were not for the absurdity of him talking about putting America first, whilst having just about every single one of his products, if not all of them, manufactured overseas, I would have kept my mouth shut. I would have more respect for him if he would lead by example and move production to the US.
I already answered this there Trump fan. If it were easier and cheaper to make things in the US, Trump would be making them here. That's the entire problem. Companies don't make stuff here out of the kindness of their hearts. If it's not economically feasible it's not going to happen. That's what needs to change, not guilt tripping your way into a stronger manufacturing economy. That's what Trumo is aiming to do. Unless you have a better plan?

Old 03-11-2017, 07:25 PM

1,400 posts, read 862,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

It is apparent that many here don't get the concept of branding. Trump is a brand name. The ties and clothing were already being made overseas, Trump just put his brand name on it. His brand name is his business. He was never in the clothing manufacturing business. I know that logic doesn't register in the minds of Trump haters. If there was an opportunity for Trump to make a profit by putting his name on clothing made here, then I am sure he would have pursued that.

Many apparently are also unaware that when you buy products from an American company, a higher percentage of the corporate profits stay here in this country. Those dollars are then recycled throughout our economy. When you buy a product from a foreign company, even if they make the product here, most of the profits go overseas.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
If you hate the idea, then you probably hate America.

Trump's First Speech to Congress: Buy American, Hire American | Fox Business
From the head of a private empire that imports all of its retail products, interior furnishings, steel and seasonal workers.

One would think he want to set the tone at the top and change his own business practices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies