Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2017, 09:59 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
If you hate the idea, then you probably hate America.

Trump's First Speech to Congress: Buy American, Hire American | Fox Business
I guess that means we won't be buying Dad a Trump tie for Father's Day this year, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 10:03 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So , because of that you will deny many small American based companies your dollar ?
Again, tell that to Trump. He has more dollars. He can make an impact.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:03 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Can liberals support Trump's plan to Buy American & Hire American?

How are you defining "Buy American"?

What's 'more' American, a Ford made in Mexico by Mexicans or a BMW made in South Carolina by Americans?

Old 03-11-2017, 10:07 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Odd, if what you said was true why was our nations economy so strong in the 50's , when the world wanted our goods ?
And why did they want our goods? Because, after WWII, we were nearly the only industrialized nation that had goods to sell!

What worked then won't work today.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:07 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Can liberals support Trump's plan to Buy American & Hire American?

How are you defining "Buy American"?

What's 'more' American, a Ford made in Mexico by Mexicans or a BMW made in South Carolina by Americans?
Very good point, at least regarding cars. There are very few brands that are made exclusively in *any* country anymore.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:09 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
LOL, so you need someone to follow ? Don't be the stereotypical sheep that many think Liberals are.
Don't you follow Donald Trump? Don't you want to pay more just to make him look good?

Old 03-11-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Very good point, at least regarding cars. There are very few brands that are made exclusively in *any* country anymore.
Exactly! I don't know if it's still the case but it wasn't all that long ago I was listening to a young Harley owner tell me he wouldn't ride anything not made in America while sitting astride a bike having Japanese forks, shocks, carburetor, and who knows what else?

I was only half listening but caught the tail-end of a TV ad the other night, I can't remember for what , but the tag-line I recall was "assembled in America" which I guess was just a way of overlooking where things were actually made.

I would have loved to have seen Ford's River Rouge plant in its hey-day. Iron ore carriers docked at one end and finished autos rolled out the other, virtually everything was done in house. Like it or not I doubt we'll ever see the like again, at least making any complex product.

Change is the only constant in life _____ Heraclitus

Old 03-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Don't you follow Donald Trump? Don't you want to pay more just to make him look good?
I'll kick in a quarter for his next spray tan!

Old 03-11-2017, 10:28 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
To this day, Ivanka's clothing line in department stores sport tags reading "Made in China."

So the Trump supporter 'patriots' who rushed out to support her as Kellyanne Conway unethically promoted, are buying clothes made in China.

Kind of ironic, isn't it?

Ivanka Trump's clothing line is made in China and Hong Kong - Business Insider

Old 03-11-2017, 10:38 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
If you hate the idea, then you probably hate America.

Trump's First Speech to Congress: Buy American, Hire American | Fox Business
is that the catchy slogan thats going to defeat free market principles. I just hope that I least you people realize that its not a new idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies