Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 01:32 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

He is a good actor. That sums up my opinion of him.

I am not sure how U.S. citizenship will help him "fight" Trump, but it is encouraging to see someone on the Left want to be American rather than disparage the country and claim to want to escape to (their rose-tinted vision of) Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 01:32 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
I very much see his point.
He is a resident in the US with a green card for years, he files taxes but I suppose he thought he was just too old for the additional paperwork and time getting a passport. Trump supporters are happy to throw under the bus all those dang foreigners, immigrants, H1B and green card holders, so the logical step in order to be able to stay in the country, and not be denied entry every time you go to visit family or for business, is to apply for citizenship. Of course, most of the current new citizens will not forget what the GOP and the Trump supporters were saying about them before they got the blue passport. I guess the dems are getting an additional gift for 2020.
LOL, you keep thinking that.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:33 PM

275 posts, read 185,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I don't believe resisting the President is a valid reason to be granted citizenship
Being able to vote is a very valid reason to get citizenship! If Trump is not making friends among immigrants it's his own fault.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:43 PM

275 posts, read 185,650 times
Quote:
I don't believe resisting the President is a valid reason to be granted citizenship
Quote:
LOL, you keep thinking that.
Do you think that the H1B visa holders, a lot of them Indians, which go through the very long and costly permanent immigration process, are going to forget Trump didn't say a word when one of them was killed by one of his supporters? Yeah, they won't. The GOP has lost and will continue losing the naturalized vote.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:24 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
#MakeItSo

Old 03-03-2017, 02:32 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
he was just kissing up to the View.....he is promoting his new film.....the View has low ratings, so I don't know why anybody bother going to the View.

and I don't know why liberal actors keep getting political....don't they know they are alienating half of the country who buy their products?

and what's more insulting is he is NOT from this country......I don't see any American actor going to British soil and taking a swipe at the Queen and the monarchy system in general or the PM because that would alienate the British people.

What is it exactly is he opposing? ‘There is one thing you can do. Fight, fight, oppose, oppose,’........ another liberal idiot. Lost respect for him.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:52 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter but he can stay his ass home. We don't need his "I wanna be hip and cool" brand of fake liberalism.
This is the way you get jobs in Hollywood, say bad things about President Trump. He may in fact love Trump, probably does but he can't admit it or else he will be banned from more jobs.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:04 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
Do you think that the H1B visa holders, a lot of them Indians, which go through the very long and costly permanent immigration process, are going to forget Trump didn't say a word when one of them was killed by one of his supporters? Yeah, they won't. The GOP has lost and will continue losing the naturalized vote.
Man, you are really taking a lot of poetic license here. Why are you lying so much? Can't you state your case on merit alone? You have to pad your opinions with ample assumptions and exaggerations in order for them to appear valid, I guess.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:12 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This is the way you get jobs in Hollywood, say bad things about President Trump. He may in fact love Trump, probably does but he can't admit it or else he will be banned from more jobs.

probably because they all sound the same: Fight, fight, oppose, oppose

they can't argue 1 specific thing, they just want to oppose anything that Trump does.

its really ignorant but that's the code they have to do to get a job in Hollywood.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:13 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He rocks. Will be happy to have him in The Resistance!
Really? What are you gonna do?

Nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies