Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 11:41 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Young people always start out liberal. But once you work for a living, own property, a car, pay taxes, have kids... once you grow up..... you become republican. Low information voters remain democrats.
I was going to write something similar but you beat me to it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 11:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
We live in such a codependent society today. We end up crippling others emotionally and financially by rescuing them from hardships, many created because they won't learn because they're always being rescued. When you don’t let a child fail and learn how to cope with failure, you handicap him from dealing with reality. Liberals always want to rescue people and shield them from reality.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:44 PM

When a person is lazy, but still has all his needs and wants provided for, he learns that laziness is rewarded. This is why it can be hard to launch teenagers into the work force who is used to the easy life with mom and dad. If you don’t teach and prepare them to carry their own load, they will never learn to become responsible adults and contributors to society.

When you carry another person’s responsibility or force others to cary another person's responsibility, they don’t learn to carry their own load.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:50 PM

In The Wealth of Nations Adam Smith expounds on the importance of self-interest. He shows that when an individual pursues self-sufficiency, he indirectly promotes the good of society. The best thing anyone can do for our country is to be self sufficient. When you are self sufficient you are serving others (giving something of value) in one way or another at the same time serving your own self-interest (taking care of yourself) and not being a dependent who depends on government taking from others.

Being self sufficient is giving and good for society.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:12 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,594,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Young people always start out liberal. But once you work for a living, own property, a car, pay taxes, have kids... once you grow up..... you become republican. Low information voters remain democrats.
Ha, I love stereotypes, they make me laugh. My entire family minus my dad's parents are liberal and all were successful, even a couple business owners in the mix. So take that lol

Old 03-04-2017, 01:47 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Yes we all become financially more conservative as we age, but what about human rights, the environment and race relations?

Old 03-04-2017, 01:55 AM

153 posts, read 114,868 times
Of course, just read this: https://mic.com/articles/157558/here...ted#.J3moS5Xkr

Once all the old sexist racist people die and the young people of today take power the world will be far more fair, accepting, equitable and peaceful.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:03 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
Of course, just read this: https://mic.com/articles/157558/here...ted#.J3moS5Xkr

Once all the old sexist racist people die and the young people of today take power the world will be far more fair, accepting, equitable and peaceful.
Hillary would not be in the race if it was only millennial's voting, see we don't really like war. the presidential race would of probably been Bernie Sanders vs. Marco Rubio.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:04 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,427 times
It is true that some liberals do switch sides.

The only thing they don't tell you the reason.

They become old, miserable, cynical whiners.

The spoiled baby boomers farewell will be met with great relief. And we're gonna have to clean up their mess.

And they've probably done so much damage to the planet, it's pretty much f***ed.

"Why do kids these days still live at home at 30?" Because boomers pissed all the jobs away. They had factories all over where they could just walk in and get a job with great pay. Now? They don't exist anymore. And whos great idea was it to send those jobs away? Hmmmm...

I apologize for using facts. Our generation is just lazy. Note the sarcasm. But even if that were true, who raised them? Hmmmm.

Last edited by Stoke; 03-04-2017 at 02:12 AM..

Old 03-04-2017, 09:35 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post

LMAO!! I have a bridge I want to sell you. FYI sexist, racists people will never die out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies