Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 10:02 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And if they are true, Obama should be in Jail.
Not if he had a warrent and reason to believe foreign interference which was the point of global surveillance.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:02 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why would you think "he has this right"? It appears to most of the rest of the free world that Trumps tweet was a knee jerk reaction to Mark Levin's article in Breitbart and that his daughter and son in law weren't there to slap his hands and put him back to bed.

How about this; Trump is the President, he is in the best position of anyone in the US to get to the bottom of this. If he really believes he was wiretapped why hasn't he brought in the FBI, DOJ, NSA, Secret Service? Do you think he's so brilliant that he has determined that his best approach is to don a sherlock holmes hat and investigate this on his own?
"How about this; Trump is the President, he is in the best position of anyone in the US to get to the bottom of this. If he really believes he was wiretapped why hasn't he brought in the FBI, DOJ, NSA, Secret Service?"

You need to get up to speed.

Trump has called for an investigation on this issue.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:03 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If the citizens of the US cannot trust their President to tell the truth, he cannot continue in office.

Time for Pence, et al, to invoke the 25th Amendment.

Donald Trump should be removed for another reason, he is mentally unstable.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:03 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You don't speak for "the citizens of the U.S." I am a citizen and I trust Trump to tell the truth.

In fact, I think he sometimes is too straightforward to a fault. In Washington politics, you need to be more like other shifty and crafty politicians, i.e. like a Hillary or Obama and not speak his mind all the time.
I am totally in agreement. I think that is what has the die hard politicians shaking in their boots. It's been totally ok for the other WH politicians to spread rumors and for news outlets to continue to beat a dead horse over allegations.

Could he be a bit more tactful....and sneaky and just allude or infer like many politicians do....maybe....Give him time. But, I like that My President throws it out there, cuts out the possibility of being mis quoted.....That likely drives MSM crazy.

Looking at how the Dem supporters are behaving....I can see why other Dems avoid being blatantly honest....Total melt downs.

I personally like an in your face person....At least then you know what you are dealing with and discussions can begin....It is the behind your back types that I have never trusted, political or otherwise.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:05 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
Default Trump's Loss of Credibility

I think Donny Con has lost all credibility except of course with his rabid base, but even they may start doubting him after this weekend. Comey has made it crystal clear BO did not tap his phones nor could he have.

Through his spokesperson this morning on a number of network shows he has now doubled down and refused to withdraw his false claim about BO wire tapping his phones.

This is but another example of a long and growing list of lies he continues to spew with no facts or foundation other than if he says them, they must be true. Remember BO wasn't born here, the Muslim celebrations of 9/11 that never occurred, 3,000,000 illegal voters in the 2016 elections, people coming from Mass to NH to vote illegally, inaugural crowd size, and of course the biggest of them all - I can't release my tax returns because I am under audit - which has been entirely refuted by the IRS.

What a shame that we have a bona fide serial liar as our President, at a time when we need someone in the WH, with unquestionable honesty, integrity and the moral authority to lead us through all the challenges awaiting us as a Country.

WHat a MESS you have created for us Donny!

Old 03-06-2017, 10:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It's not semantics. The FBI are cops. Cops don't bring cases. Prosecutors do.
They create the case as in investigate and put all the facts together to substantiate the charges alleged. They then bring "the case" to the appropriate legal branch to prosecute or not depending on how good "a case" they made against the person arrested for the alleged crimes.

Semantics fail again.....Next?

Old 03-06-2017, 10:06 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Ok, so lets get this straight, you like Comey now?

willful, the left has lost credibility a long time ago.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:06 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So he found out he was wiretapped through a "leak" but he can't do anything about it because he can't trust the people HE appointed? Dude, that's really scary..to think we have a president who appointed cabinet secretaries but now he doesn't trust them so e has to tweet this crap out to the public like an S-O-S signal from the Titanic at 6AM?
"he can't trust the people HE appointed?"

Sorry to burst your "I hate Trump bubble" but, the intelligence community is NOT ALL "his" appointed people.

The ONLY ones he has appointed so far are cabinet position.

There are many positions that are held by regular govt employees.

Like Lois Lerner.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:08 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
He never had any credibility with half the country.

He will never lose it with the other half.

We're in big trouble.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:08 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Newsflash: We don't care what you think. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies