Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2017, 08:49 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I thought that in the United States of America everybody was innocent until proven guilty , in what court of law was the President of United States proven guilty of these crimes?!?!?!?!?
Yeah, I agree and so I suspect now does Trump. And since Trump's President there is a case to be made for also giving him the same due that HE should have accorded Obama.

Is any President above the law? Of course not. But at the same time he (or maybe someday she) is head of state. The end-game should be the welfare of the United States with stability and some confidence in its internal processes maintained. Now how should that goal be weighed against any possible wrong-doing by any President? Tough question. 40 years ago a Republicans in Congress rose to the challenge.

But we're nowhere near that with Trump. Until then I (personally) am fine with going with one of the quotes from the articles BraveNewWorld attached:

Quote:
" ... Putin developed a preference for Trump because of “many positive experiences working with Western political leaders whose business interests made them more disposed to deal with Russia, such as former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi and former German chancellor Gerhard Schroeder”.

Last edited by EveryLady; 03-11-2017 at 09:39 AM..

Old 03-11-2017, 09:10 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're in total denial. Yes, it has been verified that Trump Tower was wire tapped. You must be watching too much MSNBC.

It is not "speculation" that they were listening in on conversations of Trump campaign staff.

Perhaps this might help (but you probably won't believe this either):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8qEkXOC-7U

And there's more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBDjUOfiOsw&t=47s

Still more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTUIORu2_I
I don't watch Fox News as a rule, preferring to stick with the PBS NewsHour for all the reasons I have commented more than a few times before...

However, I decided to watch Fox News last night for the express purpose of getting their version of the news so as to keep my version better balanced and informed. Boy what a difference it makes when it comes to who we choose to get our news from!

Not sure I have any more time to also watch Fox News than I do a comment or two in these threads, but I'm thinking of doing so from now on just to strive toward that balance that it seems so many are missing in America today.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump made a wild accusation about Obama without any back-up. I am sure you missed that.
Specifics please...

Are you referring to when Trump accused Obama of being foreign born? Or the worst POTUS ever? Or out to ruin America? Or this more recent about the wire taps...?

Old 03-11-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Oh please - enough drama about Trump - Obama how many times told us that he never knew about it and that he found out about it just like us - Pelosi - we don't know what's in it until we pass it. There are a lot of buffoons in politics on both sides but to think Trump and his crew are worse than what we had for 8 years - you're delusion!

Jobs are coming back - and these are the real numbers - not the numbers cooked up by Obama and his group. The stock market is stronger than ever and no it wasn't because of Obama - it's because businessmen finally had confidence that someone who knew finances was actually going to do something to help.

It's sad because I 've always tried to turn the other cheek - put myself in the other person's shoes - tried to understand positions that were different than my own beliefs - but after being on these boards the last few years - I've lost a lot of that compassion and acceptance. In fact I 've become alienated to many of these people, groups, protests ect because they aren't acting for anyone's benefit but their own. The anti-Trump posters are going to hate him no matter who he is or what he does - just because it wasn't a Democrat who won the WH.
Not everyone considers politics in the same way as you describe...

I think I can compare notes on the "good, bad and ugly" regarding Obama and Trump more objectively than most, and in so doing my reply to your comment might get a little too long. Instead, I'll just start by pointing out that you really need a broader frame of reference and understanding of what makes for job growth before you lean toward giving Trump that credit so soon into his first term. You may be at least partially right about the stock market, but none of that is necessarily good for most of the Americans who thought Trump would help them with their lot in life, most who don't gain when the stock market gains.

Good for me though! And good for any businessman who is looking out for THEIR bottom line and THEIR'S alone, while also paying less taxes if Trump has his way. Not that those better off are wrong to look out for their own interests, but whether all that equates to the better way for America...

How are we to judge?

Seems a whole lot of people on both sides of the political spectrum have more than just a little heartburn over the growing gap between rich and poor in this country. Just saying...

Old 03-11-2017, 09:30 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I don't watch Fox News as a rule, preferring to stick with the PBS NewsHour for all the reasons I have commented more than a few times before...

However, I decided to watch Fox News last night for the express purpose of getting their version of the news so as to keep my version better balanced and informed. Boy what a difference it makes when it comes to who we choose to get our news from!

Not sure I have any more time to also watch Fox News than I do a comment or two in these threads, but I'm thinking of doing so from now on just to strive toward that balance that it seems so many are missing in America today.
Interesting that you'd never looked at Fox much. Agree. No way to appreciate current US political culture without doing so. I stream clips of various shows on FOX to get a fairly wide sampling then switch to CNN to compare approaches.

No issue with Fox as long as it keeps to where CNN is these days. (CNN has moved left, no argument.) Much of the basic underlying factual content is above board (correct per current knowledge, reasonable use of sources). Then apply cherry-picking with a topping of biased overlay and we have MSM in America today.

One thing to watch is the delivery, not just the words. Body language. Voice tone. Again CNN has moved closer to Fox here.

The main problem I have with Fox is that it's business model includes shows like Hannity that are outright propaganda with emotional manipulation, deliberate distortion (as opposed to factual "selectivity"), attempts to suppress information. Viewers don't necessarily make the distinction between a Hannity and a Chris Wallace thinking them both Fox "news."

Old 03-11-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
I've never seen a more confident and well-researched political analyst than Newt Gingrich.
He's been right all along, all throughout the campaign he was the voice of reason.
Imagine if Newt Gingrich was the Press Secretary, he'd absolutely own them.
Really? Too bad for you that he chose not to serve in Trump's cabinet then. Right?

Maybe because he was the first Speaker of the House to be disciplined for an ethics violation? Or maybe because that "well-researched political" analysis had his fellow Republicans suffering from the worst midterm election performance in 64 years, and asking for his resignation...

"Voice of reason" you say? "Own them?" Not exactly.

Been there, done that, and lost them more like!

Old 03-11-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Interesting that you'd never looked at Fox much. Agree. No way to appreciate current US political culture without doing so. I stream clips of various shows on FOX to get a fairly wide sampling then switch to CNN to compare approaches.

No issue with Fox as long as it keeps to where CNN is these days. (CNN has moved left, no argument.) Much of the basic underlying factual content is above board (correct per current knowledge, reasonable use of sources). Then apply cherry-picking with a topping of biased overlay and we have MSM in America today.

One thing to watch is the delivery, not just the words. Body language. Voice tone. Again CNN has moved closer to Fox here.

The main problem I have with Fox is that it's business model includes shows like Hannity that are outright propaganda with emotional manipulation, deliberate distortion (as opposed to factual "selectivity"), attempts to suppress information. Viewers don't necessarily make the distinction between a Hannity and a Chris Wallace thinking them both Fox "news."
I used to watch Fox News back when I was less aware of the strong bias and then over time began to notice how biased the presentation of the news really was, and I had to stop watching. Also because I've come to watch less and less TV as a rule over time.

I get enough news about what is going on reading from many other sources every morning, before I waste a little time in this forum before getting on with my day. I have little concern I'm missing much by not watching Fox News, quite the contrary.

My reason for wanting to watch again is because Trump has made the subject of news, fake news and alternative facts the order of the day. I'm just curious how all this is being portrayed by the likes of Fox News that -- to me anyway -- seems more a source of entertainment for it's viewers rather than a source of REAL news. Also because I know that lots of Americans feel that Fox News is all the news they need, and needless to say..., what Trump supporters think and why is why Trump is POTUS today...

Old 03-11-2017, 10:11 AM

For what it's worth...

The unbiased truth about media bias. Possible?

Old 03-11-2017, 10:33 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default Again and Again.

Last nigh on Hannity again we confirm hat the full resources if the Government were used against Trump and a Fiser Warranty was used Oct. Incases there was no line to the Russian questions. What is more to be concerned, is again Obama and the Clintons us the power of government to undermine their political opponents.

I hope the Trump Administration cleans house with the Obama Loyalist (DOJ State Department)and many of the charges w could see is Felony and the trail of tears could very well lead to Obama and the Clintons for pulling the puppet strings

Horowitz: Dems Putting Gov't in 'A Civil War Situation' in Wake of Wiretap Allegations

Mar 09, 2017 // 10:43pm As seen on Hannity

by Fox News Insider

Posted in:
Author David Horowitz said the apparent partisan actions of Democrats in the wake of allegations of Russian interference and wiretapping of Trump Tower is "a civil war situation."
Horowitz said Democrats have adopted the "slogan of... resistance" against Trump, and are being disingenuous regarding allegations of the wiretaps.
He said Trump Tower was absolutely wiretapped, but said the Obama administration's lack of "respect" for national security laws affected some of the legitimacy behind the alleged actions.
O'Reilly: 'Great Confusion' Over What Federal Government Owes Us
Hannity: Time for Trump to 'Purge' Obama Holdovers From Executive Branch
Krauthammer on Trump: 'Premature to Declare Excessive Winning'
"Hillary Clinton violated the Espionage Act [via her use of a] private server," Horowitz said. "There wasn't one Democrat who said 'this was a bridge too far'."

Old 03-11-2017, 10:37 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Someone needs to take away Mr. Trump's phone.

He's worse than a teenager with his tweeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies