Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 03:24 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The problem with your post is 13 agencies investigated Trump on made up issue. That's politics and I get it!

We may never know what exactly what happen, but the Dems are doing ever they can to protect Obama. The GOP members are part of the establishment will support the whole.

I have already posted a link that a Fiser Warrant was issue in Oct 2016and nothing came of , but I can guess no one stop listening either.

Liberals want blood because they lost and Conservatives (for good reason) do not trust the establishment and Democrats , to have some glimmer or the truth.
So in other words, you'll still believe Trump even if he provides evidence. Got it!

Old 03-12-2017, 03:25 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I'm really anxious to see if the conservatives defending Trump on this issue will back pedal after tomorrow. Intelligence Committee (again, led by a republican) has demanded that Trump and his camp hand over all evidence they have of wire tapping.

If the deadline passes and the White House provides ZERO info, what will conservatives in here have to say on the issue?
Time will tell. And pretty soon, too.

I am confident that Trump has no info other than the stuff we've already seen and are arguing over.

But if I'm wrong - well, I really want to see what Trump's got. We all do.

And right now it's only congressional Rs that can get it from him.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:36 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Time will tell. And pretty soon, too.

I am confident that Trump has no info other than the stuff we've already seen and are arguing over.

But if I'm wrong - well, I really want to see what Trump's got. We all do.

And right now it's only congressional Rs that can get it from him.

That's what is so great about this situation for us liberals. It's a lose-lose for Trump and his supporters LOL.

Either:

A. There IS NOT any evidence of wire taps. they never happened. Donald simply read a "fake news" breitbart article and believed it. Trump looks like an idiot and is proven to be a liar.

OR

B. There IS evidence of wire tapping, which means FBI investigators and FBI attorneys had enough evidence to present to a federal judge that warranted a wire tap.

Tomorrow is going to be awesome either way.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:37 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Oh be still my beating heart. Let me fan myself for a moment. Poor Barack.

Shall we find all the comments, lies and insinuations Obama made about GWB? No? I can't blame you, I don't have the time either to post all that garbage. Obama is a sneak. I would love to know what role he's playing in this whole mess.
Obama can take care of himself. It's the accusation against the institution that matters. One President of the United States accused another then-sitting President of the United States of trying to prevent his election (presumably, thru wiretapping for info). We think, 144 characters even repeated 4 times does not allow for much clarity. This charge goes to the very heart of American democracy.

But because one of the tweets mentioned Nixon and Watergate, it's pretty hard to argue that Trump didn't really mean it.

To again answer your question: "Why should he?" (provide evidence). Because even a Republican Congress will demand it.

Want to comment, lie, insinuate - have someone ELSE do it so that when caught you, the President, can slap their wrist. Or if needed, fire them. If Obama was a sneak, then sneak like him.

Post-tweet storm, Comey tried to warn Trump. Back down. And fast. Correct me if wrong but I had the impression that Comey used more than *one* official to leak that there was no FBI evidence. To multiple news outlets. That it was done that way was a strong signal. Done just not to protect the FBI.

Instead of backing down Trump doubled-down. We'll see what's next.

Last edited by EveryLady; 03-12-2017 at 03:54 PM..

Old 03-12-2017, 03:40 PM

19,127 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
They will say, "But Obama! But Hilary!"

You neglected to mention...Benghazi!...Benghazi!...Benghazi!...Benghazi!

You know--the Cause Celebre that failed to yield any information incriminating Mrs. Clinton, despite God only knows how many Congressional investigations that squandered tens of millions of dollars on a fishing expedition that yielded nothing in regard to her.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/u...-benghazi.html

Old 03-12-2017, 03:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
McCain should just be quiet and get to his senator work
Why should he be be quiet about this?

Should Trump substantiate his accusations or not?

Old 03-12-2017, 03:50 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
What McCain is doing is Senator's work.

Trump got away with the the birther nonsense, inauguration crowd size, 9/11 NJ celebration, illegal voting ... lies. We all just rolled our eyes.

But accusing Obama of illegally wiretapping Trump Tower is another matter.

Trump needs to put up or shut up.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:51 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with McCain on this. Trump either has to poop or get off the pot. If you don't have the evidence, then publicly retract these accusations. Yes, you're gonna lose face for having to do so, but it's a lesson learned for shooting off your mouth without knowing what you're talking about.

And if he doesn't retract the statement, Obama's attorneys should threaten him with a lawsuit.

McCain: Trump Must Prove Wiretapping or Retract Claims

McCain is right but it will never happen .Trump is a known liar and psychopath.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:52 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:

...he would if Trump would just shut up!

Old 03-12-2017, 03:53 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
He's a member of congress, which is a distinct branch of the government. The reason there are three is to keep the other two in balance. He's doing exactly what he should be doing as a senator. Unless you feel the president should be above criticism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies