Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 08:26 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,573 times

Advertisements

So far both the incidents are not proven. Trump calling Obama wire tapping is very extreme. He has to say sorry if it is not proven. That is the minimum courtesy expected from president. Some Democrat Senators and others need to offer a apology for associating Trump election to Russian interference if it is also not proven. McCain involvement makes me little hesitant about wire tapping thing. I still think, it is another Trump fake accusation. But McCain is involved in carrying Trump Dossier between different agencies. He is pushing his Russian agenda without any proof.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:28 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
McCain, like Hillary (they are very close friends & vacation together) works for the military industrial complex, the bankers and the corporations. He IS the status quo. Trump comes in wanting to reduce our global military footprint, cut the fat from military contracts, reign in the banks...damn right McCain is going to throw everything but the kitchen sink at Trump. That's why he's been pushing the unsubstantiated Russia/Trump narrative. McCain's bosses want Trump gone at all costs.
Be that true or false, it has nothing at all to do with his statement that Trump should produce his evidence or retract his accusation.

This is a quite simple choice for Mr. Trump.

If Trump has no evidence that "Obama wire tapped him" then he should do the honorable thing--apologize to Obama, admit that he tweeted the accusation in error and apologize, and possibly regain some of the respect that he's lost.

But Trump has never been known to do the honorable thing. His usual MO is to 'double down,' and to refuse to admit a mistake or to apologize. Should he not have any evidence, and choose to take the low road, he's not going to come out of this looking well. Trump is not used to his childish reactionary tweets having any real consequences. This time it will.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:37 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,231,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I could give you a list of the times Obama lied and what punishment did he receive?? Pelosi - same case and her punishment?

Sorry but no punishment is needed as there wasn't a precedent set and I don't think we need one now just because your party didn't win.

Thread fail!
Examples of some of those lies?

Old 03-12-2017, 08:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Be that true or false, it has nothing at all to do with his statement that Trump should produce his evidence or retract his accusation.

This is a quite simple choice for Mr. Trump.

If Trump has no evidence that "Obama wire tapped him" then he should do the honorable thing--apologize to Obama, admit that he tweeted the accusation in error and apologize, and possibly regain some of the respect that he's lost.

But Trump has never been known to do the honorable thing. His usual MO is to 'double down,' and to refuse to admit a mistake or to apologize. Should he not have any evidence, and choose to take the low road, he's not going to come out of this looking well. Trump is not used to his childish reactionary tweets having any real consequences. This time it will.
What about the claim that Democrats bused voters from MA to NH to help Hillary? I lived in both states and voted in MA and NH (not at the same time! lol) I never saw any buses with voters show up at the polls. He had not one shred of evidence, but he said it anyway. He makes up stuff and gets away with it. I wonder why Sean Spicer read that statement about the jobs report. It was almost as if Trump wants to remind people he can still shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue and his followers will stick with him.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:40 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If President Bonkers' tweets were lies, does he just get away with it?
Trumpettes don't care if he lies, they don't care at all since they are hypocrites.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:42 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I could give you a list of the times Obama lied and what punishment did he receive?? Pelosi - same case and her punishment?

Sorry but no punishment is needed as there wasn't a precedent set and I don't think we need one now just because your party didn't win.

Thread fail!
LOL. No one can out lie Trump. No one.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:43 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If President Bonkers' tweets were lies, does he just get away with it?
Maybe Twitter would suspend him for a week? For a teenager (or Trump), that would be traumatic. They'd think it was cruel and unusual punishment.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Examples of some of those lies?
It would be simpler to just compile the very short list of things he's said and tweeted, that were truthful. Sorry, but I'm unable to furnish any of those. Maybe we could have a contest, to see who could provide the most documented examples of him making factual statements.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:56 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
It was definitely a big fat lie. And it should be punished.
My suggestion:

IMPEACHMENT

Old 03-12-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Yeah, Clinton lied about a sexual encounter while Trump lies about acts of treason. Very comparable.
Everyone lies about their sex lives. Especially to those with whom they're having sex. Our species would probably die out, if everyone told the truth about it. It's an evolutionary survival skill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies