Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 08:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If President Bonkers' tweets were lies, does he just get away with it?
There's an election every 4 years, in case you didn't know.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:05 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I'd like you to consider the fact that the law as it is might have enabled the Obama administration to do what you think they did perfectly legally.

I don't know whether they did it or not (frankly, I doubt it), but I do know that existing law allows for a lot more surveillance than I am comfortable with.
A possible drawback to that scenario is that Trump has Spicer saying about 5 days after the tweet storm that:
Quote:
“I just want to be really clear on one point, which is there is no reason that we have to think that the president is the target of any investigation, whatsoever,” Spicer said, reading from the note. “There’s no reason to believe that he is the target of any investigation. I think that’s a very important point to make.”
No wonder the DOJ is having trouble finding evidence. Maybe Trump wants the Committee to investigate illegal surveillance. Wonder what the chances are that the Deep State will turn over incriminating evidence proving illegal surveillance when a Justice lawyer comes a calling. That is if they could even find it. No point in having a Deep State if it's not deep. Not sure a Trump tweet could penetrate it. Maybe he should try putting new microwaves in every intel lunch room.

Spicer has been made a joke. Trump is one. The country is becoming one.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:07 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If President Bonkers' tweets were lies, does he just get away with it?

It won't be his childish tweets that'll be his poison.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:08 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This we do know to be fact.
Got proof?

Old 03-13-2017, 08:31 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I don't understand how anyone is still defending him.

At the very least supporters could acknowledge what happened. Trump falsely claimed Obama wiretapped his phones. There is no way of spinning it. If he meant something else, he would have said something else. He lies constantly.

*Crowd size
*The birther lie
*Winning by the most electoral college in decades
*Millions of illegals voting

When will it be enough that you acknowledge it?
You left out the Central Park Five. tRump continued to press the case that they were guilty even after they were exonerated by DNA evidence, after the real perpetrator confessed and turned himself in, and after the City of New York paid an obscene amount of money to the defendants and issued a formal apology.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
A possible drawback to that scenario is that Trump has Spicer saying about 5 days after the tweet storm that:

No wonder the DOJ is having trouble finding evidence. Maybe Trump wants the Committee to investigate illegal surveillance. Wonder what the chances are that the Deep State will turn over incriminating evidence proving illegal surveillance when a Justice lawyer comes a calling. That is if they could even find it. No point in having a Deep State if it's not deep. Not sure a Trump tweet could penetrate it. Maybe he should try putting new microwaves in every intel lunch room.

Spicer has been made a joke. Trump is one. The country is becoming one.
The thing is, I think as long as all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted, almost anything can be legally justified. I'd think anyone would want to take a second look at that. Instead, we get "throw Obama in jail", even though I'm pretty sure that if Trump used the US spy apparatus on someone he didn't like, the very same people would think it is perfectly OK, and would in fact cheer him on.

But I highly doubt that anything like that thought has ever crossed Trump's mind.

He read something that sounded good to him and tweeted about it, no real thought involved. Next thing you know, we've got microwaves turning into cameras.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Some pretty funny tweets here:

https://www.good.is/articles/kellyan...rump-tower-spy

Quote:
#kellyanneconway shouldn't worry, the toaster has been feeding the #microwave false intel for several months now.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Thanks!!!!!

Old 03-13-2017, 08:54 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
All right, people, let's just have an educational moment.

Microwave is not a synonym for oven. Remember the giant microwave antenna on top of 1 WTC before 9/11? It's a method of transmission in communication, not just a method of cooking food.

But yeah, the oven jokes are funny.

Carry on.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
All right, people, let's just have an educational moment.

Microwave is not a synonym for oven. Remember the giant microwave antenna on top of 1 WTC before 9/11? It's a method of transmission in communication, not just a method of cooking food.

But yeah, the oven jokes are funny.

Carry on.
Oh, we know.

The question is, does conway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies