Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:26 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This kind of Leftwing nonsense needs to be met with resistance, violent resistance if necessary.
Normally I am against violence. But here the Left resorted to violence. Maybe they should understand that violence is not a one-way street. Only half facetiously, maybe they need to be treated the way deserters and traitors are dealt with?

Last edited by jbgusa; 03-05-2017 at 09:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 10:01 PM

16,068 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
All violence and hatred in America has its roots in Liberalism.

You win the prize for the most ridiculous statement on this forum today.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
All violence and hatred in America has its roots in Liberalism.
You win the prize for the most ridiculous statement on this forum today.
His post may not be totally true, but remember the French Revolution. That spawned the lovely tradition of use of violence by the Left. Previously the Left had been represented by such people as John Locke, who were non-violent. Robespierre and Napoleon, not so much.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:22 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They don't give them the ability to say anything at all. The people shut down the speech. If they don't agree, why not listen to him speak and then ask questions or give opinions in the question and answer session? It would be far more effective.

"Why don't let them speak???""

Lady, they've already heard enough.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:28 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
You've regressed so far you think *good* is done using the tools of *evil.*

Do you look forward to further exhibitions of violence on campus that prevent certain invited people from even being able to speak? Do you long for the near-future wherein this has become the norm and no one who doesn't 'fit the narrative' is allowed to speak? How far do you want to see this silencing go? Would you encourage this not just on campus but spilling out into society?
I like to ask those fake righteous people like you: If someone called your mom a cheap ugly fat *****; and you punch that person in the face. Are you against free speech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Here's what I wrote on Berkeley:Remember the saying, "I may disagree with what you say but I'll always defend your right to say it" and its derivations? No? I didn't think so. It's probably considered toxically masculine, patriarchal, racist hate speech today...

You right-wingers always say you don't want political correctness, well you got it.

We liberals will defend your right to say offensive things, but right after we've done that we will come down on the offensive party like a ton of bricks. Right-wing received the later and claim it to be the former.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:31 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
We liberals will defend your right to say offensive things
If the incident we are discussing here is any evidence then no, you will not. You will scream and chant to prevent ideas you dislike from being expressed.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
"Why don't let them speak???""

Lady, they've already heard enough.
Has everyone heard enough? Are there some that would prefer an intelligent debate to fire alarm pulling and violencr?

Old 03-06-2017, 07:08 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I think people that do this should be charged with rioting. No one who has been asked to speak should be shouted down and harassed in a public arena or town hall or school.

This doesn't speak highly for this generation of college students, they have absolutely no tolerance for anyone, so hypocritical.

If I were the Dean of Students, or the School President I would be leveling sanctions....This is a small school...it won't be hard to identify the instigators. And, if they are paid protestors....Time to start checking ID's at the door.
I agree completely with your un bolded comments.

But your bolded comment (suggestion) won't work, because either:

1. The Dean or some/most of the faculty agree with the students. or
2. The President of a 2500 student (& $65,000 per year) school would never level sanctions against 1/20th (or possibly 1/10th) of their student body. 100 Students who bail on the university would take 6.5 Million Dollars with them. (Which is a lot for a small school).

I've said it before & I'll say it again. Remove Middlebury from the FAFSA consideration. NO federal tuition (grant/need/etc.) funds should go to this Totalitarian POS school. My tax dollars should not be spent on such a frivolous 4 year indoctrination camp.

I'd rather my tax dollars go to some environmental impact study of the Snail Darter than for this Stalinist, Elitist, school that encourages Totalitarian behavior. Let the kids pay full freight or attend a Junior College.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:11 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
whenever any group of people with any particular way of thinking gains too much power they tend to act like a mob and try to get everyone to think like them... it's human nature, and it's one reason the founders designed the constitution the way they did.. to try, to the best of their ability, to quell human nature and keep things "free" for lack of a better word.

The religious right used to be the ones with monopoly power over people's morality, now it's turning into the radical left that's throwing their weight around.

It's one reason I like gridlock.. democrat president, republican congress, means nothing gets done. "Nothing" is usually the preferred outcome when it comes to government except during those rare moments when they give freedom back to the individual (legalizing marijuana, potentially getting rid of the restrictions on suppressors, etc)

Old 03-06-2017, 07:19 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
We seriously need to jail these blac block idiots.
UGH
Its NOT THAT DAMN HARD

Just invite someone right wing to a leftie college.
Hide a bunch of cops offsite
Wait for the inevitable
Idiots in masks are kind of an obvious thing
Many high end cameras running.
First wave cops mark with paint ball guns
Second wave arrests them as they run
rioting is 10 years prison.
10 years actually served.
Add any additional charges applicable like resisting or hitting a cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies