Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 08:58 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,747,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Masked thugs attacking an unprotected, old man.

Sounds like the Ku Klux Klan to me.

I would wager none of them and nobody here has read anything by Murray.

I know I haven't.
Agreed, sounds like either the KKK or the SS.

& I haven't read them either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 09:00 AM

52,212 posts, read 33,975,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I have no problem with people punching Nazi's.
there are no Nazis in this story.

Quote:
You preach hate, you get what you asked for.
no one preached hate here except the demented leftist loons who attacked a middle aged woman and left her in a neck brace

Quote:
I would wager that these students have read his works and that is precisely why they were protesting.
there's another bet you'd lose.

Quote:
"When asked by students and other faculty members whether they had ever read Charles Murray's work, the organizers bristled at the notion that they should be asked to read a work before condemning it," a source close to the meetings told TWS. "'You mean you want me to read The Bell Curve?'"

Old 03-07-2017, 10:17 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,370,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Wow, conservatives are claiming this guy as one of their own? He believes the white race is genetically superior to all others and claims it is backed by science...

Oh wait, that kind of resume screams "Trump advisor".
Do you dispute IQ differences among relatively isolated genetic groups?

What's your research evidence, aside from poorly supported rationalization?

What's your observational evidence?

"Superior" is your word and a straw man. You are substituting objective differences in research results for a word that implies some type of wholesale supremacy. It's dishonest rhetoric.

I can understand if such group IQ differences make people insecure, but that doesn't make the conclusion incorrect.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:20 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,491,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
LWNJs are the first amendment's greatest enemy.

After swarming Murray and two school officials, the protesters shouted profanities, shoved members of the group and then blocked them from getting to a vehicle in a nearby parking lot. Witnesses said the confrontation was aggressive, intimidating and unpredictable and felt like it was edging frighteningly close to outright violence.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/g...=.eba43201ae9e
Poor baby.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:20 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,370,225 times
Quote:
I would wager that these students have read his works and that is precisely why they were protesting. The real fault lies with allowing some crackpot racist a platform to speak. Nazis are free to speak and spread their hatred but should not be allowed to do so on a college campus. If it's a private school then that's a different situation than a public school. That should be arranged by the student body and school administrators if that's what they want to hear.

I don't know if this is a private school or not but if the speaker was booked to speak I think he should be allowed to. Why he was booked is another question.
It's a private school.

Is there "real fault" with allowing people with communist social ideas to speak? Communism was responsible for around 100 million deaths in the 20th century, thus far outpacing deaths from any type of militarized racist ideology.

How are Marxist social ideas, then, not "hatred" given the continued foundational metric of how many deaths (the ultimate metric of hatred) any one ideology has caused?

In fact, applying this ultimate standard to the two opposing political forces, Charles Murray seems like a moral savior compared to anything that neo-Marxists would spew.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:29 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,747,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Poor baby.
A woman (Faculty member) was put in the hospital trying to protect a guest of the University and THAT's the best that you can do ??

Putz.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:33 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,366,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
LWNJs are the first amendment's greatest enemy.

After swarming Murray and two school officials, the protesters shouted profanities, shoved members of the group and then blocked them from getting to a vehicle in a nearby parking lot. Witnesses said the confrontation was aggressive, intimidating and unpredictable and felt like it was edging frighteningly close to outright violence.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/g...=.eba43201ae9e

He isn't right wing. He is a progressive statistics and data analyst. That is truthful in his findings.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:54 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,366,092 times
The truth hurt some feeeeeeeeelings.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:08 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,095,502 times
This constant behavior, anti- President Trump B.S. is beyond horrific imo. These people need to be arrested....

It's well beyond what they like to hide behind..."free speech" it's actually criminal assaults in some cases.

Wasn't the female professor taken to the hospital for being attacked while trying to get the speaker safely to a car.

I've watched the recent you tubes of March 4th marches....Berkley was the worst that I watched. Trump supporters were being spit on, wood sticks and bottles thrown on them by the Anti -Trump supporters.

People attacked for simply standing there quietly holding their signs. Flags and signs grabbed and burned...Cops just stood there and did nothing. I know many anti-Trump people wouldn't condone this, but not one Democratic leader has tried to stop the violence....It is getting worse with each march.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:27 PM

52,212 posts, read 33,975,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
This constant behavior, anti- President Trump B.S. is beyond horrific imo. These people need to be arrested....

It's well beyond what they like to hide behind..."free speech" it's actually criminal assaults in some cases.

Wasn't the female professor taken to the hospital for being attacked while trying to get the speaker safely to a car.

I've watched the recent you tubes of March 4th marches....Berkley was the worst that I watched. Trump supporters were being spit on, wood sticks and bottles thrown on them by the Anti -Trump supporters.

People attacked for simply standing there quietly holding their signs. Flags and signs grabbed and burned...Cops just stood there and did nothing. I know many anti-Trump people wouldn't condone this, but not one Democratic leader has tried to stop the violence....It is getting worse with each march.
Yes she's now in a neck brace.
https://www.google.com/amp/reason.co...es-murrays/amp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies