Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 08:53 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Really, maybe provide some links and video of the tea party shouting down their representatives......

I don't seem to remember it being that way....maybe you can prove me wrong....
What's the matter, is your Google broken? Here are the first three results.

5 Memorable Moments When Town Hall Meetings Turned To Rage : It's All Politics : NPR

Tea Party Town Hall Strategy: "Rattle Them," "Stand Up And Shout"

Town halls gone wild - POLITICO

There are many, many more for you to discover when you learn how to do an Internet search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 08:54 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So to clarify, you believe that only conservatives should have access to their representatives? That those who disagree with their congress person should be denied their right to confront him because they are not conservative enough to be granted that "privilege"?

Did you feel that way when the Tea Party was disrupting town halls?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I thought Town Hall Meetings were for All Citizens, it comes as news that is only meant for the Faithful, so what is the point of them if people cannot speak their minds and voice their concerns, is it all just for show?
You need to listen to the audio. These are people coming in from outside the district to jam the city hall and keep out residents of the district.
The reason for the conservation/liberal divide on that, is that the people coming in are progressives coming from heavily progressive districts, and the districts they are targeting to jam and keep out constituents are heavily conservative districts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Democrats exist in those districts too and are allowed to go to town halls of their representative. Republicans don't just represent other Republican voters.

What a stupid thread.
Democrats maybe, but progressives? Not in these numbers.
I would not be surprised if more people are showing up at the town halls than actually voted progressive Democratic, or even Democratic, in the elections.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:56 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So. They're Americans. Doesn't matter anyway.
If my Representative is holding a town meeting shouldn't I or someone else that lives in that district get first dibs on entry?

I like the idea of requiring ID, if the hall or whatever is not filled then they could allow in the out towners. Sound fair?

Old 03-05-2017, 09:14 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Really, maybe provide some links and video of the tea party shouting down their representatives......

I don't seem to remember it being that way....maybe you can prove me wrong....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8UjY3YDlwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AvRzL7KoRs

Old 03-05-2017, 09:34 AM

Are these videos of the people they represent or out of towners?

Someone that protesting or whatever at an event in their district is clearly acceptable. On the other hand if you coming in from other areas with the intent to disrupt the meeting and drown out the people that live there it's a whole other issue.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:42 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

Someone that protesting or whatever at an event in their district is clearly acceptable. On the other hand if you coming in from other areas with the intent to disrupt the meeting and drown out the people that live there it's a whole other issue.
I wasn't there to verify their addresses, and neither was anyone claiming that the current dissenters are out of towners.

I have to go out of town to see my rep since he isn't coming to my town, in fact I have to drive 3 hours to go see him. Should I be banned from town hall meetings since I am not from the town where he is choosing to speak? My son in had to drive 2 hours to see his rep at a town hall, because his rep was only doing 2 town halls and none in his town. Yes, sometimes people have to drive to see their rep because reps don't have meetings in every town.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:43 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

No one knows where those Tea Partiers were from, because no one demanded to see their IDs. And no conservatives were calling for that back then, either.

Funny how it's only now that the shoe is on the other foot that you are demanding verification. Didn't care when it was your side doing the disrupting, did you?

No one tried to stop the Tea Party from carrying out their disruptive agenda because it was their right to be heard. The same is true of the anti-Trump crowd. It sucks when your own tactics are turned against you, huh?

Old 03-05-2017, 10:00 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Further Proof That The Angry 'Republicans' At Town Hall Meetings Are Actually Democrats

"Sadly, many people were turned away from this event, because it reached its capacity. Translation: Liberals posing as conservatives hogged all the seats. But who cares, right? Screw the poor people of Breaux Bridge."

Sore losers trying to disrupt people from getting help.
Appreciate you posting this important link. Similar to the democrat paid hitmen to go to Trump rallies, this shows how desperate and aggressive democrats are at trying to steal American's liberties. Bit democrats enjoy losing elections.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I have to go out of town to see my rep since he isn't coming to my town, in fact I have to drive 3 hours to go see him. Should I be banned from town hall meetings since I am not from the town where he is choosing to speak? My son in had to drive 2 hours to see his rep at a town hall, because his rep was only doing 2 town halls and none in his town. Yes, sometimes people have to drive to see their rep because reps don't have meetings in every town.
I guess my use of the phrase "out of towners" probably wasn't the best wording but my 2 other comments will answer your question.

Quote:
If my Representative is holding a town meeting shouldn't I or someone else that lives in that district get first dibs on entry?
Quote:
Someone that protesting or whatever at an event in their district is clearly acceptable
If you are driving 2 or 3 hours for one of these meetings and find it's filled by people outside the district would you find that acceptable?

Old 03-05-2017, 12:44 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
where is the audio tape. I cant find it...??

any links to the actual tape

who is talking, where was the tape obtained and by whom?

cause all I see is a tape I could have made with my neighbor and claimed it was a rightwing tape...

so what have we got here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies