Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 03:47 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,595,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Watch the news cycles: something something Trump did was good and the next day RUSSIA!!SCANDAL!! And the day after that OBAMA/HILLARY/SCANDALL!! Then slow news day while the media and pundits cast their spin. Lather rinse repeat.
what did trump do well? Not aware of anything since he got elected.

was it rolling back the FCC and reversing tom wheelers consumer cable boxes thus increases costs by an average of $232 PA for the average Americans cable sub..

or was it allowing Trump's new pick Pai, to cancel the privacy requirements on ISPs... no longer will they have to protect your privacy, (I did not know the right supported corps having access to consumer data)

or maybe Pai blocking the 'zero charge " charges against V and ATT.... now they are free to increase costs on the likes of Netflix....legally, so much for protecting consumers.

or maybe it was Pai ending the $ 9 sub that went the many low income rural folk seeking broadband. (rural folk don't get much choice, the small subsidy that helped offset that, was taken away )

or maybe the good thing trump did was burying the fiduciary rule that was intended to protect retirement funds from predator investment advisors . Trump handed the FTC to goldman sachs and then killed the fiduciary rule to enrich goldman sachs.... hmmm.

Or was it allowing the coal industry to dump coal ash into rivers and ignoring the massive damage done (coal ash has a ph that kills just about everything)

Or maybe you mean something I missed...

epa
Why Trump's Assault on the EPA Will be Worse Than Reagan's or Bush's

ignore WTO

Trump administration: We may ignore World Trade Organization - Mar. 2, 2017

I also missed trumps one china fail...
Trump promises Chinese president he'll honor 'one China' policy | TheHill

so many things so little time.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:49 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,567,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
what did trump do well? Not aware of anything since he got elected.
lol, he's dealing with a bunch of wailing cry babies right now.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:50 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,545,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Honey...Trump is not in trouble. Trump is your President.

Deal with it!
He is indeed our President but he is also in trouble.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:51 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,214,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I remember awhile back there were accusations that republican in congress were being bugged.

The answer appears to be yes. Even the New York Times has reported this: “One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.” The October warrant was approved. The government did not need a FISA warrant to wiretap Donald Trump.

The Obama Justice Department and the FBI spent at least eight months searching for Trump–Russia ties. They found nothing criminal and clearly nothing connecting Trump to Russian hacking.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/u...tion.html?_r=2
The headline on the cite...

"
Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates

"

Got it? Intercepted Russian Communications. Nothing about wiretap on Trump.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:51 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,545,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
aThe headline on the cite...

"
Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates

"

Got it? Intercepted Russian Communications. Nothing about wiretap on Trump.
They like to deflect to try to make Obama look bad. They are failing.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:55 PM

16,086 posts, read 10,242,517 times
I am comforted in the firm belief that in 50 years Donald Trump will be remembered as the clown show who fooled half a nation. I mean the list of crazy ass stuff coming out of Pennsylvania Ave in only a month and a half will fill up a text book chapter.

Students will be told we once had a President who was heard bragging about grabbing women's privates, a President who actually got into middle of the night Twitter pissing matches with a former beauty pageant contestant, a President who made crazy claims like this one and they will need to be convinced the stories are actually true.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:56 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,890,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Repeating it over and over isn't going to make it true.
Denying it over and over isn't going to make it false.
Personally, I plan to wait until there is undeniable proof one way or the other.
Copies of FISA wiretap warrants could, I suppose, be proof...
IF such documents exist, they WILL be disclosed sooner or later!

Old 03-05-2017, 03:57 PM

76,851 posts, read 47,156,824 times
Quote:
WOW. Trump is in Trouble so he makes up False Claims about Obama!!!
Yes, he is lying in order to deflect & distract from his own issues.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:59 PM

6,387 posts, read 4,078,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I am comforted in the firm belief that in 50 years Donald Trump will be remembered as the clown show who fooled half a nation. I mean the list of crazy ass stuff coming out of Pennsylvania Ave in only a month and a half will fill up a text book chapter.

Students will be told we once had a President who was heard bragging about grabbing women's privates, a President who actually got into middle of the night Twitter pissing matches with a former beauty pageant contestant, a President who made crazy claims like this one and they will need to be convinced the stories are actually true.
Agreed.

Plenty of nations have elected figureheads they later regretted. Germans are still asking g themselves what the hell they were thinking? Same with the Italians. I'm sure this is our moment. The difference between us and Germany is we elected an orange clown instead of a dictator.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:03 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,002,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post

He will be remember as the President who got the most good done in the shortest time. Yes, he'll also be remembered as an idiot tweeter (in 50 years, people won't even know what tweeting was), but won't care because of the massive good he does for the country.

People will say, "He tweeted? How unexciting." In 50 years, none of what we do today will be remembered as technology. It will be as passe as shorthand or dialup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies