Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 02:58 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The bottom line is that 5 million whites cannot control all of the land in a nation with 25 million blacks. Some form of land reform HAS to happen.

The situation is extremely complicated and I sure as hell don't have the answers. What their president means by "break up" white owned businesses is anyone's guess. But just outright confiscating it will lead to a total collapse.
Collapse was my first thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 03:13 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
The bottom line is that 5 million whites cannot control all of the land in a nation with 25 million blacks. Some form of land reform HAS to happen.

The situation is extremely complicated and I sure as hell don't have the answers. What their president means by "break up" white owned businesses is anyone's guess. But just outright confiscating it will lead to a total collapse.
You should study how the worked in Rhodesia

Old 03-06-2017, 03:28 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
hmmm wonder if the state is part of the problem?

“In the first place the state owns some 22 per cent of the land in the country, including land in the former homelands, most of which is occupied by black subsistence farmers who have no title and seem unlikely to get it any time soon,

I say yes

Old 03-06-2017, 03:29 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:

That's what Mugabe said and Zimbabwe starves when it once was the bread basket of Africa.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You mean politically, minorities can't expect to have their rights protected?
Did they protect the majority's rights when they had the power?

During Apartheid, none of you cared about anyone's rights. You backed whomever had the muscle to keep the natives in line.

But now, you wanna get all Adamsian on us? Go eat a burrito or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
These idiots are ruining there own economy.
Well, they wouldn't be the first. Besides, it's theirs to ruin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
This may seem strange and unconventional to many, but many South Africans saw this coming. There is a growing concern among white citizens that their future is uncertain. I never been to South Africa so I would like to hear from anyone over there. Are tensions high? Is some sort of huge backlash in the works among the upper(political and economic elite) black class?
I doubt South Africa will fall into that kind of turmoil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You should study how the worked in Rhodesia
White Rhodesians got what they deserved.

You guys cry about immigration to Europe endangering Europeans. You want the Europeans to run them out.

Well the Africans in Rhodesia had the same problem with immigrants from Europe. So they ran their asses outta there. You should be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That's what Mugabe said and Zimbabwe starves when it once was the bread basket of Africa.
South Africa isn't Zimbabwe.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:56 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Indeed.

This pretty much says it all.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:56 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
The political system of SA is simple, every cycle the party of Mandela fearmongers that if you give power to others then apartheid will come back. If works because unlike the civil rights act most people over 30 experienced the extreme racism of apartheid and post apartheid era. Today SA blacks largely do not and wil not trust whites because apartheid and it effects went on well into the late 90's. The major fight in SA isn't even about whites but SA xenophobia towards migrants.
https://www.google.com/amp/punchng.c...th-africa/amp/
Just in the last month I have heard horrific news of criminal mobs attacking Nigerians. Many of the Nigerians attacked were criminals but others were business owners who were stealing jobs. This is the same with other African Migrants who wander out of the nice suburbs.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:01 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Did they protect the majority's rights when they had the power?

During Apartheid, none of you cared about anyone's rights. You backed whomever had the muscle to keep the natives in line.

But now, you wanna get all Adamsian on us? Go eat a burrito or something.

Well, they wouldn't be the first. Besides, it's theirs to ruin.

I doubt South Africa will fall into that kind of turmoil.

White Rhodesians got what they deserved.

You guys cry about immigration to Europe endangering Europeans. You want the Europeans to run them out.

Well the Africans in Rhodesia had the same problem with immigrants from Europe. So they ran their asses outta there. You should be happy.

South Africa isn't Zimbabwe.
Got what they deserved???? I don't think anyone deserves this regardless of race......

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...re%2C_1978.jpg

Old 03-06-2017, 04:05 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
This may seem strange and unconventional to many, but many South Africans saw this coming. There is a growing concern among white citizens that their future is uncertain. I never been to South Africa so I would like to hear from anyone over there. Are tensions high? Is some sort of huge backlash in the works among the upper(political and economic elite) black class?
I was there a couple of years ago and got a chance to stay with some locals. Whites live in homes surrounded by walls and electrified barbwire fences, drive old cars because new ones will simply be hijacked, and don't leave their homes at night. They're prisoners in their own homes. I don't know how they do it. Black on white crime is not the petty kind of crime you see in the US, not even like our murders. It's often hateful horrific acts meant to cause maximum pain and destruction, even to whole families.

For example, a business owner I stayed with had a white friend who owned a local hardware store. Some blacks came in and ordered some bulky supplies and asked that they be delivered to a camp outside of town. The owner who had a good rapport with the blacks in the area had his entire family in the vehicle when he went to make the delivery and the whole family was shot and killed, save for one child who lived but is severely emotionally damaged.

On the flip side, I saw a Dutch restaurant owner, a huge belligerent muscular white guy, treating his black help like animals. Screaming at and insulting them in front of customers. Made me sick and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he beat them as well. This was across the border into Namibia, but I'm sure it's a similar pattern in SA as well.

On the other hand, I did see other white business owners treating their black help with dignity and respect. Like the guy I stayed with, his servants lived on his farm and were treated very well. In return they worked hard and were loyal. But one wonders if push came to shove, how deep that loyalty would go.

On the other hand, being an American white guy, I actually found the majority of blacks to be friendly, interesting and great to talk to. Most of them would do anything to move to the US, particularly to Texas and California which they've seen so much in the movies. In the end, people are people.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:07 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
The things with SA is that 'you reap what you sow.'

After decades of what whites did to africaans and blacks, this is just karma.

so I don't care, even I don't think it's a good move.

Karma really is a b....and you do reap what you sow
yes God is just- lets see how far this what goes around --there is a lot of payback due. and people have not learned to be nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies