Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 03:08 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The farmers never have a say in anything, they run their farms like Tyson tells them to, if they don't, they are blacklisted. Try selling your crap if you're banned from Walmart or your chickens if you're banned from Tyson or Perdue.

"Cage free" means thousands of chickens are crammed together in unsanitary conditions in a chicken coop. I only spend the money on "organic, pasture raised" chickens fed vegetarian feed. It's so worth the extra money.
Question now is, what does vegetarian fed mean? Corn? Grass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 03:34 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Well, I mean, it's Tysons chicken. I stopped eating that brand and those generic brands (like butterball) years ago. Full of GMO chickens and the people working at the factories don't give a crap.
GMO chickens?

Old 03-06-2017, 03:49 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
"Bird Flu confirmed at Tyson Chicken Farm in TN"

Oh that's lovely.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:52 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We will be hearing and dealing with a lot more of this kind of problem due to lax enforcement/non-existent regulations under the Trump Dept of Ag.
Why did we hear and deal so much with this kind of problem less than 2 years ago?

Bird Flu Cost the US $3.3 Billion and Worse Could Be Coming – Phenomena: Germination

Old 03-06-2017, 05:36 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I had watched an old 60 minute type show a few years ago that showed the inside of these farms and it was horrible. So thankful the farmers let the camera in and said they did not agree with how Tyson wanted these farms run. A lot of times they don't have a say in conditions, like open windows etc. that is all determined by Tyson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpAVL5bLNOc

Eating animals that were treated this way for their entire life must have some negative effect to your body. mind and soul.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:59 PM

3,837 posts, read 1,787,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpAVL5bLNOc

Eating animals that were treated this way for their entire life must have some negative effect to your body. mind and soul.

Oh I completely agree with you on this. I stopped eating that type of chicken years ago when I first read John Robbins book (Diet for a new America) back in 2005-2006. But still I continued eating locally raised chicken on better farms. Either way I still question whether this sort of thing can be really contained or if it can spread to other birds. If the chicken has access to outdoors, eating grass, bugs etc. I heard sunlight kills influenza type diseases but .......is it 100%?

Either way raising animals in the manner they are now being raised, for consumption is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:09 PM

3,837 posts, read 1,787,299 times
I cannot find the original documentary that was on T.V. before. but here is a 5 minute clip from a contract PURDUE farmer Craig who opened his farm to show what really goes on and how much he disagrees with what is happening, yet he is basically saying he doesn't have any say in the matter. It is so wrong for the USDA to allow this happen.

It's very eye-opening because it's not a PETA type video with bias, just a farmer showing a small 5 minute access to his chickens. He is bound by contract to PERDUE to not even give them fresh air or sunshine. That is so against how animals should be treated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9l94b3x9U

Old 03-06-2017, 06:45 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
there are no GMO chickens.
Oh, yeah?
Attached Thumbnails
Bird Flu confirmed at Tyson Chicken Farm in TN-warchicken11.jpg  

Old 03-06-2017, 09:02 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Oh, yeah?
That is a perfect example of why some people won't eat a rooster.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:33 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I cannot find the original documentary that was on T.V. before. but here is a 5 minute clip from a contract PURDUE farmer Craig who opened his farm to show what really goes on and how much he disagrees with what is happening, yet he is basically saying he doesn't have any say in the matter. It is so wrong for the USDA to allow this happen.

It's very eye-opening because it's not a PETA type video with bias, just a farmer showing a small 5 minute access to his chickens. He is bound by contract to PERDUE to not even give them fresh air or sunshine. That is so against how animals should be treated.
^^^
I remember that documentary - Food Inc. (2008). After that segment there was another Perdue chicken
farmer. She defied Perdue's poultry housing requirements and did place windows. The cost of these
buildings for Perdue farmers can run from $280,000 - $300,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enwU5jIXSlU

The company's statement
Perdue Farms News Room : Company History, Corporate Responsibility and More
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies