Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 10:26 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,741 times

Advertisements

You're surprised?

7 years or so of bitching about Obama care and this is the best they had. Enjoy the next 4 years. Best case we get gridlock because they can't even agree among themselves.

We need a single payer, pretty sure the only obstacle to that are Republicans.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:28 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How much is your life worth ? Tell your story to this man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKxsLxM7abA
Total b.s. Paid actor. Obamacare is a scam. Can't even be used by most people. Just stealing people's money.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:28 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Oh yeah because people that make 20k a year can afford 500/month for Obamacare with a 6k deductible.

Please people... before you post.. know what you're talking about. Thanks.
This plan favors the rich. You do understand that, right.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:33 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Oh yeah because people that make 20k a year can afford 500/month for Obamacare with a 6k deductible.

Please people... before you post.. know what you're talking about. Thanks.
Is that really what you think happens under the ACA? How bout if we fact check that: Using Kaiser ACA premium estimator, US average rates. Single adult $20,000 income:

Premium silver plan $282
Subsidy $200
Net Premium $ 82
Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Old 03-09-2017, 10:41 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,673,914 times
Now Trump is blowing the same horn: "I guess what I would say is if you looked at that person's budget and you looked at their cable bill, their cell phone bill, other things that they're spending on, it may turn out that it's just they haven't prioritized health care because right now everybody's healthy. Nobody actually wants to spend money on health insurance until they get sick."

These guys just don't have a heart I guess.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:49 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,620,307 times
Quote:
Tell that to the 21 million people who finally had health coverage, or people who had pre existing conditions. I bet they would disagree.
Finally have health coverage? Thanks to the hardworking taxpayers who have to spend thousands more on their own healthcare to cover them. Last I heard, none of them seem the least greatful

Old 03-09-2017, 10:55 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Most blindness these days is due to bad and long term diabetes. They don't need glasses, and HMO's don't want them.

Some do offer more than fee for service Medicare. But we pay more for that. And they do cherry pick, that's very old news. Just read further into it.

Pitfalls of Medicare Advantage plans | Villages-News.com

http://www.lifehealthpro.com/2010/06...icked-cherries

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2014...more-it-should

I couldn't care less if they cherry pick, like someone said, that's good business. Maybe it should **** you off as a taxpayer? It makes no matter to me in any significant way as a doc. As a patient I go fee for service for wider doc/facility coverage. As a doc I see both Medicare types all day long. Reimbursements are about the same.
Sorry, but it's just not true - and rest assured it's not that sinister. I know very intimately how MA plans market and sell their plans. As unsexy as it sounds, it's just about getting as many customers of all types as possible. That means as many people as possible at each sales meeting, as many applications as possible from interested customers, and then try to manage costs after they become a customer. Why do they offer the eyeglasses, the gym memberships, etc? Because they're competing with OM. You don't get anywhere if you offer exactly, and only, what your competition offers. I have never heard of plans being criticized or accused of anything sinister by offering more benefits than the standard so the premise is just kind of baffling to me.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:05 PM

736 posts, read 353,346 times
Quote:
Tell that to the 21 million people who finally had health coverage, or people who had pre existing conditions. I bet they would disagree.
Tell that to the millions of young middle or upper class workers who were force to subsidized these 21 million people at their expense. I bet most of those people would disagree. Did you honestly think Obamacare was going to work? It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that obamacare gave health care coverage to seniors and the poor by stealing from the young middle and upper class. Why should younger healthy middle or upper class people pay for the health care coverage of seniors or poor people?

Old 03-09-2017, 11:06 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,928,619 times
In the end this will be an epic disaster too. Healthcare was a problem in the 90s and I've seen it get nothing but worse and worse over the course of nearly 3 decades. The entire problem is the existence of the insurance industry itself who exists to make as much money as possible by limiting or denying access to healthcare. If you throw off their actuaries' model because you might have catastrophic cancer or got injured you are marked for termination.

Remove the pain in the ass middleman--insurance--and you'd trim off trillions in healthcare costs over the long-run.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:09 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
Tell that to the millions of young middle or upper class workers who were force to subsidized these 21 million people at their expense. I bet most of those people would disagree. Did you honestly think Obamacare was going to work? It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that obamacare gave health care coverage to seniors and the poor by stealing from the young middle and upper class. Why should younger healthy middle or upper class people pay for the health care coverage of seniors or poor people?
How about you tell all those poor young people that under Trumpcare, if they go without insurance and then decide they need it they will pay 30% more for a year. And all insurance works by spreading risk among large numbers of people, that's how your homeowners insurance and car insurance work too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies