Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 04:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Fake news !! This can't be true, Trump is all for the working class people and would never do anything to help out the top 1% !

I am going to have to gloat a little when some of our ardent Trump supporters on here realize they have been screwed by their idol. It isn't too far off.
I got screwed by your idol when he lied and I lost my healthcare plan.

Anything else has to be an improvement.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:53 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,164 times
both sides of the isle are beholden to pharma/insurance lobbyists who essentially write legislation. that's the way it works in DC. hopefully we will see some substantive changes coming -- but -- people have to realize that if health care costs get reduced, a large component of the US economy gets reduced. not saying that is a bad thing, but you can bet that is an argument made behind the scenes.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
When a liberal losers an argument their response from now until the world ends will be "tax breaks for the rich".

Old 03-09-2017, 04:57 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The Republicans are just getting warmed up. The members of the "Freedom Caucus" do not want people who make less than 250K/yr to have HEALTHCARE. Period. They actually have the nerve to say that a tax credit is an entitlement as if the money was theirs. The nerve of those pricks.

People should be able to DEDUCT the entire cost of their health insurance from their taxes. Period.

It's OK for rich people to NOT pay taxes, but the working/middle class has to pay for the under class, and the upper class.
The IRS has published the average effective federal income tax rate for each income group. Care to list them so we can see which income groups are paying what tax rate?

Old 03-09-2017, 05:12 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
This bill is a travesty. Trump should not support it at all - and yet he apparently does. I am a Trump voter but I said even back then that I would stand up and speak out if he didn't deliver as promised on critical issues and this is one of them - and the fact that he right now appears to support this bill is an outrage.

He promised REPEAL and that needs to be cleanly done FIRST. Then we can start to replace if need be. But this bill does not do that repealing and is a very bad bill for that reason alone (before we even start on all the other missing elements). If we don't repeal first, no matter what we do, we keep Obamacare and all its millions of bad regulations and taxes and problems. Bandaids will never work.

Something went wonky here and I don't know what it was or who it was .. but the public outcry is going to come, from those who supported Trump .. never you fear, liberals. I can't believe that the kind of people who voted Trump into office are going to be happy at all with this once they figure it out.
Nice to hear from a trump voter who is watching what he does vs what he said during the campaign and being critical when he doesn't measure up.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:36 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's good they are questioning things and wanting answers. If the (D)'s had done the same the last eight years there wouldn't be a president Trump.

So far what I've seen the proposal is simply Obamacare lite.
Well the last 6 years the GOP could have recommended some changes to address the deficiencies with the ACA rather than just repeal. I think they are just now seeing just how difficult to is to make changes to the ACA. This was the same for Hillary Care in 93 and Obama Care in 2009. We will see if Trump can use his Art of the Deal to bring the GOP together but right now it's a minefield of different factions.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:38 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
This bill is a travesty. Trump should not support it at all - and yet he apparently does. I am a Trump voter but I said even back then that I would stand up and speak out if he didn't deliver as promised on critical issues and this is one of them - and the fact that he right now appears to support this bill is an outrage.

He promised REPEAL and that needs to be cleanly done FIRST. Then we can start to replace if need be. But this bill does not do that repealing and is a very bad bill for that reason alone (before we even start on all the other missing elements). If we don't repeal first, no matter what we do, we keep Obamacare and all its millions of bad regulations and taxes and problems. Bandaids will never work.

Something went wonky here and I don't know what it was or who it was .. but the public outcry is going to come, from those who supported Trump .. never you fear, liberals. I can't believe that the kind of people who voted Trump into office are going to be happy at all with this once they figure it out.
Why is it important that they repeal first if they are truly looking for solutions.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well the last 6 years the GOP could have recommended some changes to address the deficiencies with the ACA rather than just repeal.
They could have. If those who want a good health care system had spoke up when it went behind closed doors it wouldn't have needed fixed and the (D)'s don't lost the House and Senate.

We aren't saying that it's a bad thing that Trump supporters are speaking up quite unlike what Obama supporters did?

Quote:
I think they are just now seeing just how difficult to is to make changes to the ACA. This was the same for Hillary Care in 93 and Obama Care in 2009. We will see if Trump can use his Art of the Deal to bring the GOP together but right now it's a minefield of different factions.
It's not difficult to do the right thing. A lesson still not learned by many.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why is it important that they repeal first if they are truly looking for solutions.
The solution is to scrap it and go to UHC. It's why I'm with the Trump supporters that are trying to hold him to his word.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:56 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,223,805 times
The Typical Aspiration is: GIVE TO THE WEALTHY at the expense of the poor and working poor - A Right Winger's Dream

Quote:
The congressional Joint Committee on Taxation issued estimates this week showing how much revenue the government could lose starting in 2018 under the Republican bill, which the party has called The American Health Care Act, (Republican Version) as a result of repealing taxes on drug makers (nearly $25 billion over 10 years), insurers (nearly $145 billion), makers of medical devices (nearly $20 billion), and high-income households (more than $270 billion from taxes on earned income and investment income).
$442 Billion windfall for the wealthy, and this is just what is being disclosed... Then when Medicare is Ripped ! and Medicaid is Ripped, what will be the next areas to go and Rip the working poor.
Guess people missed the Republican aims to repeal the Wage hike for Government Contractor Workers to a basic living standard / This goes right along with the program to rip as much money from Public Schools to fund the well to do send their kids to private schools and Support Privatization.

Even the American Medical Association has found enough dignity to stand up against this craziness.
Quote:
The A.M.A., which has nearly 235,000 members and calls itself the voice of the medical profession, sent a letter to leaders of the two committees on Tuesday saying it could not support the Republican bill “because of the expected decline in health insurance coverage and the potential harm it would cause to vulnerable patient populations. cite
Welcome to The Making of "The 21st Century Model of the INDENTURED CLASS",
Ring Winger Mentality has been upset since the abolition of slavery.... and now they get to try and recreate a massive Indenturing Programs, and the exact likes of what a Plantation Society looks like.

It is typical for the Right Winger Groups to continue to push to 'disenfranchise the American people" and ensure that there is nothing but "The Wealthy" and the "Service Class".... and many of these people vote against themselves, simply because they think the Republican Party is just the Party of White People, so they go along without question. They don't even stop to pay attention or learn how they defeat themselves, they go with any Right Winger Rebel Call that herds them together like a Posse and send them out to guard the Money Train that delivers more wealth to the wealthy. The interesting things, is these people Never realizing how insidious the Right Wing Establishment thinks them to be. It is the party of the Wealthy, and the Wealthy already know they can count on the Right Wingers to be the Pawns and Foot solders to protect the wealthy. The old whites, working poor whites and some of the dire poor whites just follow along without a single question in mind. 400+ yrs have cycled and produced them to remain poor, and they still have not figured it out. I'll let MLK Speech at Selma explain it.. ( most will fight and deny it right away), but the conditions are their lives are exactly as the speech points out. Still they can't digest it, because they think their white skin will save them and that vain hope stick in them as if its been crazy glued within their brains.

We saw it in the Civil War, where the poor whites fought to protect the wealthy plantation owners, it never dawned on them that these were the same wealthy who treated them like indentured servant and share croppers and flat out Peasants!!! and for 100's of years they have fell in line, hanging on with desperation's that simply being white and voting with the wealthy whites will save them. They have gone from generation to generation with desperation encircling them and those who did amass a few dollars, can't spend it, because desperation makes them fearful of needing it, and when the time of need comes, the help they need exceeds what they have hoarded and live out their lives as misers, agitated, frustrated and despaired, because they come to learn that being white did not give the milk and honey or a golden paved road.
All they have is deep yellow urine from all the medications and a broken down body with ailments and diseases that are difficult to even pronounce and trapped within a 10 mile radius. Talking about "The Good Old Days" when they were young and riding on the ego of bigotry and race bias.

It's even worst the more Rural the Areas Become. Yet, they cling to their fictions and chasing the elation they get from prejudices and bigotry as their keepsakes. Many find they have come to never learn that in some of their areas the religion is not teaching them how to be more humane and respectful of others, it has taught them how to try and hide their prejudices and covertly engage such at every opportunity and then try and hide behind a claim of being within a Religious Group pushing some fiction of morality that neither they nor their group is willing to invest enough concern for humanity and civility to even develop a moral conscience. They are THE FIRST to whine and cry about anything that helps the poor and challenged, while they huddled together and patronize each other about their prejudices.

All the white, the Wealthy use them like a voting trough, where the Hogs of Wealthy come to feed as in seeking backing for their term in the Rip off Leadership, sanctioned by these very same types and mentalities.

Their kids today are led to commit every type of mad and crazy crime and the opiod's and heroin and crystal meth rages through their ranks like a wild fire. Seeking some relief for the circle of desperation they can't see beyond. If a few escape and find their way to a University, they come out with a debt, that is schedule to stick to them like glue for the next 25 yrs, while they are given a certificate that is destined to give them nothing more than a ground floor supervision job at the Local Dollar Store or some lower level within a administrative role, with a fictitious title.

A Right Winger's Dream
This is what they ask for, this is what they push and fight to support and this is what they get.

(Then they want to blame the Mexicans and everyone else; ~ NEVER ~ blaming themselves and their ideology. So, they rush out and vote for another Republican to come and take even more and push more fiction while emboldening their prejudices and biases through a megaphone to announce the belligerent Posse Call, to promote more biases and stand in support of any concept of aim to be bigoted which they can conjure up to pursue.)

Last edited by Chance and Change; 03-09-2017 at 06:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies