Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 10:21 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times

Advertisements

He lacks a backbone. Sucking up to President Bonkers when he knows tRump is an idiot. Sad!

Old 03-09-2017, 10:22 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie4 View Post
You really think that?

I don't think Dems would know a good thing if it came up and punched them in the face.

Show me one Free market healthcare system anywhere in the world that works.
Just one.

Does not have to be perfect, it can be a little flawed, but it most be a working free market (non socialized) healthcare system.
one country , anywhere in the entire world.

The rules, none, just a NON socialized healthcare system that works vaguely OK. Free market, not state run.

come on Ollie, you a bragging about Ryan , you are claiming "dems wouldnt know a good thing...."""
so show us the nation where your version of healthcare is used or works . hell any example at all.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:23 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Do it GOP! Make this happen, own it!

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie4 View Post
You really think that?

I don't think Dems would know a good thing if it came up and punched them in the face.
Agree with E777 completely and Ryan is making a fool of himself on TV while also losing people in the weeds trying to explain this convoluted hot mess.

TrumpCare equals making America Sick Again and shafting seniors and the needy in the process. If the repubs pass this steaming pile of crap you'll be saying leader Pelosi again in 2018!

2,333 posts, read 1,487,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Are insurance execs coming out against the big tax cut they get from this boondoggle? Are they going to Congress and telling them to remove it and apply that windfall to help subsidize more people so they can afford their products?

If they are attempting to give it back or turn it down, please provide some evidence of that, because I haven't seen it. Don't tell me they aren't ready, willing and eager to take the money and run.
That tax cut is, basically, a bribe for them to stay in markets despite the losses they will be sure to see as part of the other provisions of the bill. But it's not enough to offset the losses.

So basically... if someone tells you, "I'll give you $10, but you have to buy this $20 beat up couch I'm selling," what would you say? You're not going to be ANGRY that they want to give you $10; you're just going to know it's a bad deal for you. And that's why some health plans have spoken out against the bill (Avalere and Molina). More will speak up in due time.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:26 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
OK Ollie appears to have run off because he has no answers..

So

ANYONE have the name of any country anywhere on earth that uses a free market non socialized healthcare system...

only rules.. no full on dictators and the healthcare system must come vaguely close to functioning and serving the whole country, not one city or one group/ race etc.

NOW notice , i am saying anywhere, lets see if we can find functioning examples of free market healthcare. ie not government run /funded...

Old 03-09-2017, 10:27 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I saw it and Ryan did a nice job taking down the Democrats. It's not really that hard, though.

This failed group of extremists passed a failed overhaul of 1/8th of the economy in the dark of night and the only reason it passed was because of kickbacks and bribes. They ignored every warning about how the plan would fail. To the surprise of nobody with a functioning brain, all the predictions about the failed plan came true.

Then, instead of owning up to the failed scheme they implemented, the Democrats did absolutely nothing to address the structural problems in the ACA for 8 years. Now, the program has been so bad and such a failure that the Democrats have been kicked out of the White House, the House and the Senate. 8 years later, and the ACA is in a death spiral.

What to the failed Democrats do about the ACA? Nothing, except say it's a great bill as they block attempts to fix the mess they created. I wish I could say it's amazing, but nothing the failed extremists who make up today's Democrat Party do is amazing anymore. They reach new lows with each passing day.
I know you typed words, you even punctuated pretty well, sentences are there, paragraphs, work on your content because you literally said nothing.

1,217 posts, read 1,224,996 times
The title of this tread is right on. It fails to mention that it's also destroying the Republicans, Independents and anyone else that needs health care insurance.

1,323 posts, read 588,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
After Trump stops illegal immigration, the Democrats won't be taking back the House anytime in the next 20 years.
That's quaint. You think control of Congress is dictated by the issues. How sweet.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:28 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,487,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Tax breaks or tax subsidies are the same in the end.
This is true, with a big difference that will matter to consumers - the subsidy is a coupon, the tax credit is a refund you get after waiting a whole year (when you get your tax return). It personally doesn't matter to me whether I pay full price all year and get a 4 figure refund at the end of a year, but many people are going to have cash flow issues paying the full sticker price during that year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies