Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 05:52 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I agree with you, that we need to reduce health CARE costs, not just mess around with health INSURANCE issues. I am hoping we see some of that from the GOP too and I will be somewhat disappointed if we don't. On the other hand, IF we manage to reduce the number of people using the ERs (and not paying) which is a big issue right now, there may be ways that at least some of this will happen without other extreme measures - and we may have to wait to see how that all works out on the 'immigration' front.

I don't have access to actually read the bill itself yet so there is 'much more to be revealed' I expect. I hope we will get more clarity soon.

My preference is mandates should only exist for those who have averaged a minimum of 1,820 hours of week annually (35 hours/wk) for 90% or more of their working age years, beginning at 22 if a college grad, 18 if not. It also should require a minimum Federal Income Tax paid lifetime to date at least 5x the value of the subsidy.

The above would not apply to those fully disabled.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:52 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I agree with you, that we need to reduce health CARE costs, not just mess around with health INSURANCE issues. I am hoping we see some of that from the GOP too and I will be somewhat disappointed if we don't. On the other hand, IF we manage to reduce the number of people using the ERs (and not paying) which is a big issue right now, there may be ways that at least some of this will happen without other extreme measures - and we may have to wait to see how that all works out on the 'immigration' front.

I don't have access to actually read the bill itself yet so there is 'much more to be revealed' I expect. I hope we will get more clarity soon.
But if less people are insured, that will lead to more ER usage.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I always paid for my own health coverage, now and before. As a Democrat, I have always wanted health care for all. I also know Obama was the first president to really go through the gauntlet. Now that Trump is elected, I really don't care if the country loses their health coverage, I didn't get anything before and I don't get anything now. I am very much looking forward to Paul Ryan "reforming" Medicare. That's going to be poetic to watch. Basically, I want to see the country get so much right wingery their eyes bulge out. Republicans are fully in charge and let them ram full on right wingery with abandon!

You can thank Obamacare as one of the reasons you got President Trump. You should have listened. Instead you ignored us, even when you lost seats in 2010, 2012, 2014 and now you've lost the presidency.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:55 PM

26,465 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I heard they're asking for a vote in two days?
Ouch, this needs some debate time. Republicans correctly blasted Obama for blocking public debate before votes breaking campaign promises and now they want to be an Obama.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Nope, but all the Republicans that voted to Repeal and Replace will be out of a job in 4 years! LOL!
Maybe they will. I'm a Democrat and I pay huge taxes. I get no government benefits, I paid for my own college and I have a long line of military in my family. But I don't agree with Republicans and I find Trump repellent. The one thing I want to see is this country get so much Trump they develop PTSD at the sound of his name. Paul Ryan controlling all this is just funny, the guy that has been wanting to privatize Medicare and Social Security for years. I hope they get it all, everything they want, and seniors are left going "what happened?" Because seniors have been fine with younger voters paying two thirds of their health care, it will be poetic to see them gouged by their own party.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:56 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,090 times
Republicans opposed ACA from before day one, 8 years and they didn't have an alternative ready to go? Trump promised "something better", where is it? This is a pretty weak response to something they hated with every fiber of their being. ACA wasn't the answer, but if they just announced the highlights of their version, this doesn't sound much better.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:59 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Obviously I do not care at all for it.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Now every Republican can get or lose their health care because of Trump. I want the country to get so much right wingery it leaks out of their ears. Trump and Republicans own every result. They can Paul Ryan Medicare too, in fact, I look forward to seeing them do it. The look on senior's faces should be pretty funny. Anyway, Trump can dole out bandaids and call it a plan, in fact, he probably will.
What part don't you understand? I said I lost my insurance TWICE because of Obamacare. I know other people who couldn't afford the premiums and they didn't get subsidies so they went uninsured and paid the fine. Guess what... they were moderate Democrats that voted for Trump.

I even seriously considered not carrying it this year because it is a catastrophic insurance that charged sky high premiums and it's a product that didn't make financial sense. I found a way to reduce costs by not carrying insurance for 2 months a year.

Every American is allowed two full months without coverage a year, so if you find yourself missing a month you can take the short coverage gap exemption on form 8965. Can I Skip a Month of ObamaCare? - Obamacare Facts

Before that I carried the same insurance for almost 20 years without a problem.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Ouch, this needs some debate time. Republicans correctly blasted Obama for blocking public debate before votes breaking campaign promises and now they want to be an Obama.
Debate? Why? I say RAM IT THROUGH just like Democrats did!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:02 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You can thank Obamacare as one of the reasons you got President Trump. You should have listened. Instead you ignored us, even when you lost seats in 2010, 2012, 2014 and now you've lost the presidency.
The reason no president has tried to deal with health care is because it is hard. Obamacare was never fully implemented because Republicans made it as difficult as they could. I do not expect Republicans to do anything but demonize Obamacare and I have read the posts from certain "so called" Democrats while they spout right wingery. Now, they can get what Trump gives them and they better love it because that's it. After seven years of demonizing Obamacare and ignoring how impossible Republicans made it, whatever Trump and Paul Ryan give them is it. I really hope states create their own plans as long as states can create decade long qualification periods for newcomers. My beautiful blue state should not be the answer for sick Republicans.

Quote:
Debate? Why? I say RAM IT THROUGH just like Democrats did!
DO IT. Republicans are going to own this regardless, it doesn't matter how long they debate it, they will own it.

Quote:
What part don't you understand? I said I lost my insurance TWICE because of Obamacare. I know other people who couldn't afford the premiums and they didn't get subsidies so they went uninsured and paid the fine. Guess what... they were moderate Democrats that voted for Trump.

I even seriously considered not carrying it this year because it is a catastrophic insurance that charged sky high premiums and it's a product that didn't make financial sense. I found a way to reduce costs by not carrying insurance for 2 months a year.

Every American is allowed two full months without coverage a year, so if you find yourself missing a month you can take the short coverage gap exemption on form 8965. Can I Skip a Month of ObamaCare? - Obamacare Facts

Before that I carried the same insurance for almost 20 years without a problem.
For someone that always talks about their investments, this shouldn't have been a problem. I don't get government health care or subsidies and I won't get them now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies