Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:45 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,135,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
True..in the discount stores where they're now marketed--at 1/3 the price they were at Nordstroms.
At least the Trump fans can afford it now.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:52 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,809,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
My wife's birthday is coming up. There's another order for Ivanka. Leftist boycotts always have the opposite effect.
You realize that you buying clothing made by workers overseas is in complete opposition of Trump's plan to make America great again?

You cheering on and buying these goods made overseas is a classic case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,191,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Why? Do you feel threatened by strong women? Ivanka could very well be our first female POTUS in eight years. Chew on that.
Not at all. I admire strong self-made women though, who got where they are through hard work, not women handed everything by their parents (first all the plastic surgery so she could be a 'model' Then her Chinese clothing line).

Even now, she is only in her 'governmental position' of 'substitute first lady' by virtue of her father and her absent step-mother.

She's been elected to nothing, she has no experience. The first female president is likely to be someone more like Nikki Haley, who actually is a strong female and an experienced leader. Chew on that.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,557,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Yet another thing that backfired and blew up in the Dims face! LOL!

Ivanka Trump clothing line reports record sales | TheHill

I am sure Ivanka and the Trump family appreciates all the Dims who protested and caused Ivankas sales to spike, Cha-Ching!
What does " record sales" mean?

If I sold ten $ 750 bags in January and twelve in February, at steep seasonal or close out discounts, I can still report record sales.

Ivanka positions products in a variety of price points, including Walmart. Are the $39 shoes flying off the rack at Walmart while the $ 700 shoes at Bloomingdales are not moving despite being 65% off.

If the majority of my sales occur in Dubai and Saudi Arabia, I can still report record sales.

It's a privately- held company so there's no way to know what's selling, where it's selling, if it's profitable or how profitable.

There's not a lot of upside for any US retailer to sell product bearing the name of any US politician.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:24 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,445,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
True..in the discount stores where they're now marketed--at 1/3 the price they were at Nordstroms.
You've always been able to buy her stuff everywhere, including Walmart. She has a line of business clothes at good prices for women to wear to work.

That said, shopping American made would be the first choice for me. Ramblers Way is a great place to start.
https://www.ramblersway.com/about

I do think the issue is making it more competitive for those who manufacture here by placing an import tax. That way those who get it manufactured in China aren't that much lower than those who manufacture in America. Not that everything has to be made in America, but American companies go out of business trying to compete with Chinese made products.

It also allows American companies to send their products overseas at a competitive price. But, China will likely get angry and smack back like they did with Obama. It's difficult to make things fair when dealing with China because they hold a good hand. China Says It Will Retaliate If Trump Taxes Chinese Goods | The Daily Caller

Old 03-08-2017, 07:26 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,445,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not at all. I admire strong self-made women though, who got where they are through hard work, not women handed everything by their parents (first all the plastic surgery so she could be a 'model' Then her Chinese clothing line).

Even now, she is only in her 'governmental position' of 'substitute first lady' by virtue of her father and her absent step-mother.

She's been elected to nothing, she has no experience. The first female president is likely to be someone more like Nikki Haley, who actually is a strong female and an experienced leader. Chew on that.
LMAO!! I'll vote for Oprah if she runs. That's chewy isn't it. I'm crossing my fingers for Oprah!!

Old 03-08-2017, 08:04 AM

7,819 posts, read 4,539,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What does " record sales" mean?

If I sold ten $ 750 bags in January and twelve in February, at steep seasonal or close out discounts, I can still report record sales.

Ivanka positions products in a variety of price points, including Walmart. Are the $39 shoes flying off the rack at Walmart while the $ 700 shoes at Bloomingdales are not moving despite being 65% off.

If the majority of my sales occur in Dubai and Saudi Arabia, I can still report record sales.

It's a privately- held company so there's no way to know what's selling, where it's selling, if it's profitable or how profitable.

There's not a lot of upside for any US retailer to sell product bearing the name of any US politician.
Amen. I attempted to point this out in the other thread going about this "news". A 346% increase in sales over what? $1M? $100M? $10K?. The info provided by e-commerce aggregator Lyst is presumably based on online sales, so how much of her business depends on e-commerce? 10%? 25%? 50%?. We don't know, and like her old man and his taxes, we ain't going to find out.

The other thing nobody seems to want to talk about is this quote from the news release:

"Ethics counselors advised that the company cease using images of Ivanka Trump in “new promotional, advertising, or marketing materials,” according to the profile piece on Klem. The guidance apparently doesn’t impact existing marketing materials, such as the company’s website."

Translation: Her face appearing in ads for her products is not good for the brand.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:10 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,615,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Starting a new thread about it doesn't change the fact that these rags are made in China. America firsters are such sheep.
Poor snow flake! You rather have Hillary walk around in her http://fashionista.com/2016/06/hilla...giorgio-Armani $ 7497 dollar Armani jacket while saying she wants to middle class to pay more taxes as she did say!

Old 03-08-2017, 08:22 AM

8,076 posts, read 10,023,424 times
Does Ivanka have the family trait of...well...lying?

That press release doesn't say anything other than relative to certain previous numbers, in certain places, we are doing well.

What does any of that mean?

Someone nailed it.....pushing old crap out through discount stores at significant price markdowns just to get rid of it does not constitute "success". Sort of like her father: lots of noise; not much accomplishment.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:23 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,372,936 times
I wonder how many of these people had ever heard of Ivanka Trump before all of this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies