Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 01:15 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times

Advertisements

So what is the point of even being a doctor if you want to just lie to people about the state of their health? Seems like this borders on fraudulent business practice.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:26 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,732,889 times
It is unbelievable the bills they are trying to pass in Texas. This one I don't even have words for.

When they passed the bill requiring a woman to have a funeral for having a miscarriage or an abortion I was floored. What society does this to a woman??

Old 03-09-2017, 01:30 PM

23,964 posts, read 15,059,733 times
Many years ago I went to a dr in San Antonio. Yes, I was pregnant. Everybody was happy about it. Two months later while visiting family in hometown, there was a problem. When our family Doctor along with the local Ob/Gyn were performing a D&C. they were also cussing the SA dr. They both told me the day I was first examined that dr. knew there would be no baby.

This lying to pregnant women has a long tradition in Texas.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:31 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Many years ago I went to a dr in San Antonio. Yes, I was pregnant. Everybody was happy about it. Two months later while visiting family in hometown, there was a problem. When our family Doctor along with the local Ob/Gyn were performing a D&C. they were also cussing the SA dr. They both told me the day I was first examined that dr. knew there would be no baby.

This lying to pregnant women has a long tradition in Texas.
So basically, they want a law so they can't be sued for doing this? They SHOULD be sued for doing this!

Old 03-09-2017, 02:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The implications of this bill are a cross between Orwellian and Alice-fell-down-the-rabbit-hole.

Does the bill now mean that any one seeking to obtain accurate information on the fetal status now must travel to a state other than Texas to obtain it? What's the point of undergoing testing - some of which can be invasive - and incurring the associated medical costs if you cannot obtain the results? Or rather (in some cases) the correct results?

Too, the bill language is "but for the act or omission of another." So how does a doctor not wanting the parents to know of a possible complication proceed if they are asked directly? Seemingly even in Texas doctors still cannot outright lie but rather must now manage to evade or not tell the truth. The distinction?

Perhaps hospital attorneys will draft precise language for such situations. But even if there is a dispute what Court would hear it?

Crazy, crazy times.
I think this law gives doctors the authority to lie. Insofar as lying is an action.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:07 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, sweetie, this is not about liberals, no matter how much you twist yourself up into a pretzel to try to make it so. This is about a bunch of the regressive Neanderthal men in Texas who believe they, and only they, should decide the course of a woman's life.
You the one who has it wrong. The rights of the individual is what should decide that individuals life, not some made up cliche

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Surely you jest. As if pro-forced-birth "Christians" care one iota what happens after the baby is born.
Good to see you have the pulse of what people care about.

That said, doctors should never withhold information.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:13 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It is unbelievable the bills they are trying to pass in Texas. This one I don't even have words for.

When they passed the bill requiring a woman to have a funeral for having a miscarriage or an abortion I was floored. What society does this to a woman??
Texas, ever surging backwards...except where there's money to be made.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:15 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,552 times
I have no words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.