Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What identifies you the most
I Voted For Trump and I Endorse Trumpcare 19 18.81%
I Voted For Trump and I Reject Trumpcare 8 7.92%
I Voted For Hillary and I Endorse Trumpcare 3 2.97%
I Voted For Hillary and I Reject Trumpcare 27 26.73%
I Voted For Trump and I Endorse ObamaCare 2 1.98%
I Voted For Trump and I Reject ObamaCare 9 8.91%
I Voted For Hillary and I Endorse ObamaCare 29 28.71%
I Voted For Hillary and I Reject ObamaCare 4 3.96%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 05:32 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,119,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I voted for HRC, and I'm thrilled that Trump[no]Care will crush Trump's poor, dumb supporters.

I can't freaking wait! Bring it on.
Ditto, and the noose tightens even more.... bring on 2018!

To those who say 'give him a chance' , 'he can't be worse than Hillary' or 'what do I have to lose?'.... well, you do have alot to lose! The con man is just starting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 05:40 PM

5,722 posts, read 2,177,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Ditto, and the noose tightens even more.... bring on 2018!

To those who say 'give him a chance' , 'he can't be worse than Hillary' or 'what do I have to lose?'.... well, you do have alot to lose! The con man is just starting!
Don't get too excited for 2018..it's been a while since you guys have won anything and the map isn't in your favor.

Anyway, I voted trump and glad to see healthcare reform at front and center. Yet I agree with Rand Paul in trying to limit government involvement in it as much as possible. I'm for a free market healthcare system with the government only providing it for our most vulnerable people (elderly, chronic illness etc). I'm enjoying the debate on this issue and look forward to the conservative solution to Obamacare.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:00 PM

4,488 posts, read 3,905,577 times
Need another poll option:

I voted for Trump and I'm going on Medicare in 3 months, so I don't give a hoot.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:03 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,521,102 times
So people who didn't vote for Trump or Hillary don't get an opinion on this poll.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:08 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,863,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I voted for HRC, and I'm thrilled that Trump[no]Care will crush Trump's poor, dumb supporters.

I can't freaking wait! Bring it on.

It takes a special kind of deranged person to take pleasure in someone else's pain, even if you think they brought it on themselves....

Your mentality is the epitome of everything that's wrong with politics in this country today. No one is acting in good faith. The primary objective is not to do what's best for the country, it's to "crush" the other side, even if that means you hurt the country in the process, it doesn't matter, as long as you "destroy" your opponents and win.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:13 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,863,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Plus all of us who voted for neither of those two!
The people you describe do not exist. Anyone who voted on election day, voted either directly or indirectly for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.

If you're a Republican who didn't like Trump so you voted for Johnson, you actually helped HRC. If you're a Democrat who didn't like HRC so you voted for Stein, you actually helped DJT.

You can employ all the mental gymnastics you want, but that's just the way it is. Elections in this country are binary. There are only 2 choices. One way or another, no matter what you do, you are influencing the election through the scope of those two choices. Third / independent party candidates are an illusion.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:56 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,565,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
What people seem to forget is that this new healthcare bill will undergo several revisions before it's ever enacted. They need to get it right, and it would be wise to take the time and do so. Rushing it through like they did with Obamacare will result in the same kind of problems,

LOL, Not what Ryan is doing ,he is running it threw as fast as possible.Trump cosigned his approvel yesterday!!!

Old 03-11-2017, 03:59 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,565,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So people who didn't vote for Trump or Hillary don't get an opinion on this poll.
Seems no one will get healthcare ,only the rich will be able to afford it.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:33 AM

15,935 posts, read 12,227,502 times
Republicans whine about Obamacare without having a realistic solution in place other than pulling the plug and leaving people uninsured. The money to pay for these insured's medical costs has to come from somewhere. I'll admit I don't have a good solution to the growing problem of medical costs.

People particularly older people are prescribed unnecessary medication, painkillers are handed out like candy, the drug companies tend to give incentives to try to prescribe these things, and the cost of medical procedures is really high. Should hospitals be for profit? Should we have single payer healthcare?

Seems to me the compassion crusade is leaving first world countries worldwide without the money necessary to feed, house, and provide medical care to all the refugees and other "useless eaters" that continue to accumulate. Eventually something must give.

People can't just claim they are bipolar or have anxiety and be able to suck off the government teet for decades... they need a kick in the butt and to be told they must contribute to get benefits. Work should be required after a certain time period to get any sort of benefits. Immigration needs to be tightly restricted to have the money to even begin thinking about affording single payer healthcare.. we can't afford to insure every american and at the same time let in a million refugees and pay to feed, house, and care for their medical benefits. This also puts a strain on housing stock and drives up housing and rent prices for people who actually work for a living and are Americans.

Existing undocumented immigrants already here should be either deported or given citizenship, and we need to start putting snipers on the mexican border to discourage more undocumented immigration and allowing an easy path to citizenship... learn the english language, both reading and writing, have a clean criminal record, and you can become a citizen. Simple as that. People here working for cash need to be plugged into the system so they can pay their taxes like everyone else and help fund these social programs.

Ultimately money doesn't grow on trees... to provide for a "useless eater" means working people need to bear the cost of that and have their hard work taxed and given to someone who's sitting around and knows the tricks to milk the proverbial teet.... it's a balancing act to get it just right. I believe we are teetering too far toward the giving benefits away and that there's going to be some sort of economic reset needed to manage the rising debt levels, whether it's inflation of liquidation... the central banks will do whatever they can to avoid liquidation, so it's probably inflation we'll see.

Last edited by sholomar; 03-11-2017 at 05:42 AM..

Old 03-11-2017, 06:27 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,882,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Plus all of us who voted for neither of those two!
Those who voted Green or Libertarian, gave us tRump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies