Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 08:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Democrats loosened the legislation causing the housing crisis.
Why didn't the Republicans fix it then...they had a chance with Bush's first term. uh uh -- you can only blame so much on the previous administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 08:59 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Obama hates old people. Obama gave a raise to welfare recipients but no cola raise for social Security. As I said before Obama hates old people.
Yep, "take a pill".

Obama is the able bodied welfare president and they love him for it. Why wouldn't you, if you are getting handouts. They don't give a damn who worked for that money either. Just gimme, gimme, gimme.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
how have you suffered the last 8 years under Obama?

I have suffered socially, as the division has turned nasty.
I have suffered economically, from so many things, from illegal alien parasites suppressing wages, to having to participate in a big redistribution of my wealth, called Obamacare, to so many QE's, my dollar buys 1/4 of what it did.
I have suffered spiritually, with suppression of the 1st Amendment.
I have suffered Constitutionally, with the constant attacks on my 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th amendments.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Red Pill them insane Snowflakes!

Old 03-11-2017, 09:11 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Obama hates old people. Obama gave a raise to welfare recipients but no cola raise for social Security. As I said before Obama hates old people.
And a large chunk of old white people despised Obama from the start; not for anything that he did, but for what they thought he represented.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:28 AM

1,156 posts, read 941,209 times
Unless you measure success by entitlements, most people succeed despite the government not because of it.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
He gave $150 billion to our enemy, Iran. They are currently using that money to destabilize the MidEast.

He (tried to) give $220 million to Hamas and the PLO on his last day in office. That money would have been used to kill innocent Jews in Israel.

So there's two reasons...
Obama RETURNED $150 billion +/- of Iran's money, most of which was used to pay their debts.

Of the 19 9/11 hijackers, 15 had Saudi passports and none were fron Iran.

Congress had already approved money to Palestine.

I wish the US would cease giving our money to any country, including Israel.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Democrats loosened the legislation causing the housing crisis.
The primary cause of the housing crisis was that the independent credit rating agencies rated junk as AAA, investment grade, and in doing so opened the pipeline for funding sub prime mortgages by the most conservative sources that are required by law to invest in only the highest rated investments.

Had these private label securities been appropriately rated by the Independent credit rating agencies, Wall Street could not have sold them to public and private pension plans, retirement funds and insurance companies and thus there would not have been a source to fund sub prime mortgages.

As the bubble inflated FNMA/ FHLMC lost market share because the mortgages did not meet their standards.

The SEC made an already bad situation worse when it relaxed Net Capital rules for the only the fab five, Lehman, Merrill Lynch, Bear Stearns, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs.

The housing bubble was non partisan, driven by greed of the masses. For a blip in time so many, too many were making a ton of money to ponder the consequences.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:15 AM

I take full responsibility for myself.

I choose not to attribute my outcomes, good, bad or otherwise to any presidential administration.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:12 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Obama is a piece of garbage.

Obama has directly negatively impacted my American dream, and I honestly hate him.
So if you're allowed to say you hate Obama for increasing your healthcare costs....

As a US military veteran that knows 4 people who died in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom, is it okay to say that I hate Bush 2 and I think he's a piece of **** for starting unnecessary wars?

And yes, I'm a tree-hugging liberal that served. In case conservatives don't think that ever happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies