Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2017, 01:03 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,322,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Yes OJ should be in jail for the two murders but if certain people didn't act above the law and let the criminal investigation and justice system play out we would not be talking about him at all today. He fate would have been sealed long ago.
What proof did you hear or see that the jurors didn't hear or see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

6,957 posts, read 8,462,660 times
He's been paroled! Run, OJ Run!

78,866 posts, read 46,497,374 times
He's free with a chain

Old 07-20-2017, 01:04 PM

51,616 posts, read 25,673,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
He was convicted for murder?
He lost a civil suit in the matter.

One of the reason he got off in the criminal case is that the gloves were snug.

Later, it was revealed that he stopped taking the arthritis medicine he'd been taking which caused his hands to swell.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:04 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,495,287 times
He got paroled. He will be out by October 1.

https://sports.yahoo.com/o-j-simpson...185312121.html

Old 07-20-2017, 01:06 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,771,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
Now he can go and continue his search for Ron and Nicole's killer.
Did he ever state or imply he wanted to look for the killer?

He will be freed, write a tell-all book, and disappear at some point into obscurity. And people will still keep focusing on him and the drama of 20+ years ago...

Meanwhile, the world will keep on turning..

He may confess on his deathbed...but the reality is that he probably will not. Irrespective, let him be. Seriously.

Move on, folks. There really isn't anything to see here.

15,355 posts, read 12,595,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Just heard that O.J. will go free. Not surprised.

However, he should be in jail for the rest of his life, or worse. He murdered two innocent people in cold blood back in 1994, and there was a plethora of physical evidence that proved that he committed the crime. I don't care that he got off in a court of law. He's still guilty, everyone knows he's guilty, and it's one of the biggest jokes & travesties of justice that he got off on this.

I understand that the prosecution team made plenty of missteps here (putting MF on the stand; asking OJ to try on the glove when they weren't sure whether or not it would fit, etc.). However, he was obviously still guilty. The fact that he walked was ridiculous.

It's painfully obvious that our criminal justice system is biased towards those who have money, and biased against those who don't. If O.J. had been poor & under the exact same circumstances, he would have been in jail forever - or gotten the death penalty.

Scott Peterson is on death row for killing his wife & unborn child in CA. And, yes, he may be guilty of the crime too, but there was a lot less evidence against him than there was against O.J.; however, SP didn't have the $ to hire expensive lawyers that O.J. did.

And, how about the M. Morton case in TX? This man was innocent of killing his wife back in the '80's, and it was even proven that he was at work when the crime occurred. Yet, he was still convicted for the crime & went to jail for years, before he was finally freed by DNA evidence. Obviously, he didn't have the $ to hire a fancy defense lawyer:

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/08...es-across-tex/

Conversely, there a plethora of examples of those like O.J., i.e. wealthy people who killed others and got off scot-free. Do a google search & you'll be able to find plenty of other examples.

The fact that O.J. is in jail for an unrelated crime in 2007 is irrelevant. He should have been in jail since 1994.

no, he was innocent

3,532 posts, read 3,003,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The Juice is loose!!!
Gas up the Bronco

Old 07-20-2017, 01:17 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,167,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Mark Fuhrman perjured himself on the stand and he was bragging about planting evidence in other cases on the audiotapes. Why did the cop's take a sample of blood drawn from OJ to the crime scene and in the process lose a small amount that was never accounted for?

The glove obviously didn't fit, how do you explain that? If the killer wore that glove, the killer could not have been OJ.
Yes, I do definitely believe that LE plant evidence in cases where they want to secure a conviction when the alleged perps. are innocent - I know this has been proven to have occurred in other cases. However, I don't believe that happened here. Not because I don't think MF or the LAPD was capable of this - they obviously were. However, there are too many other extenuating circumstances:

1) If OJ didn't commit these heinous crimes, how did his blood/DNA end up at the murder scene?! And, how did the blood/DNA/hair of Nicole & Ron end up all over his car, his house, etc.?! Going along with this, IIRC he had cut(s) on his hands when he was caught. His guilt seems straightforward to me.

I don't believe Mark F. - or anyone else - planted any evidence. Not because I don't believe the authorities aren't capable of it - or that they wouldn't do it if it served their purposes....but because there was so much blood/DNA/hair evidence already there that they wouldn't have needed to. Yes, Mark F. was dishonest by not coming clean on his racist statements - however, that doesn't mean that he would have stooped so low as to plant evidence on a case where the prosecution should already have had more than enough to begin with....

Plus, when would this evidence have been planted?! The crime scene was not discovered by LE - it was discovered by a neighbor walking his dog who alerted them. This type of crime was very unusual for that upscale part of L.A. - so obviously the authorities wouldn't have been cruising that neighborhood.

2) There was a plethora of blood/DNA evidence on O.J.'s vehicle & leading up to his house.

3) O.J. was seen leaving the scene of the crime by a woman; she lost credibility when it was claimed that she was selling her story to the media. However, even if she was a money-hungry biatch, that doesn't mean she was also a liar.

4) O.J. had a history of beating up Nicole, and had threatened to kill her in the past. It was proven that he had been insanely jealous. So, he had motive & opportunity to commit the crime.

5) O.J. had never been targeted by the LE before, and in fact had gotten passes from them on previous domestic abuse calls. Plus, the LAPD definitely did not "have it in" for OJ before this crime took place - he had already been given more than one pass by them when they were previously called (more than once, apparently) re: his domestic abuse against Nicole.

The gloves didn't fit because:

-They were leather & they shrunk over time, because of moisture.

-O.J. wore plastic gloves before he put the leather gloves on, so they obviously wouldn't have fit.

-The arthritis medication issue that a previous poster mentioned.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:19 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,638,343 times
I believed OJ didn't do it....till he wrote a book that said "IF I did it".

I've also heard that it was his older son who did the crimes and OJ didn't know what to do so he took the cover and fled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies