Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 05:14 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
It's not just "good fun". This skit is attacking Ivanka and saying she is against her own gender because she supports her dad. If people like SNL then cool but don't deny what it is. Attacks and the performers voicing their dislike and hatred for Ttump
She's made herself part of his team, so spoofing her isn't off limits.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:16 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Every Saturday night SNL "TOTALLY OWNS" Donald Trump and his associates, and every Sunday morning he is still president.
True, but if he looks like the complete horse's ass he is, at least it's more bearable.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:20 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilide View Post
I do feel pretty bad for the undue scrutiny Ivanka Trump gets just because Donald Trump is in the spotlight. You don't see comedians targeting the children of other politicians or celebrities. It is so lazy and cheap to target Ivanka for parody.

Has anyone seen Jamie Johnson's "Born Rich"? He interviews her, and it is clear how much of a struggle it would be to develop satisfying principles in the environment she grew up in (this is the subject of the movie for children of billionaires in general).
She's hardly a child, she's actually the de-facto first lady and her husband is senior adviser to Trump..not to mention there are those of us who remember the things some of you said about Michelle Obama, and yes in some cases her children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 05:20 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Every Saturday night SNL "TOTALLY OWNS" Donald Trump and his associates, and every Sunday morning he is still president.
that's Ok least we, in jest- can see the truth... I like waking up Sun. mornings knowing I live in the real world...

Old 03-13-2017, 05:47 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:

No ,every Sunday morning the guy Putin elected President, is still president.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:04 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
I think the SNL trump skits are hilarious.

I have no idea why the trumpets get so upset about them.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:07 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post

They can't stand the truth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWSx0bBiNIs

Old 03-13-2017, 06:11 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,718 times
Quote:

I just wonder why they are so upset by these skits.
For one they always claim nobody cares about SNL these days anyway but yet they seem to care ALOT.
Second, they tell everyone how overly sensitive everyone, except them, is and call them snowflakes, yet here they are whining about some sketch show, they claim is irrelevant anyway. Who is the snowflake I wonder........

Old 03-13-2017, 06:12 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
Quote:
Exactly. the left hasnt learned anything from their ass kicking and its going to get alot worse in 2018.

You think snl could have found tons to laugh about on the left with all the russian conspiracies,russian hookers in hotel rooms, , pussyhats, womens marches meant to celebrate hillarys victory, liberal media outlets giving hillary 85-95% chance of victory etc

People celebrate the poor writing and the few people that watch this show, rush and bill oreilly get three times the viewers and listeners snl does every week

Of course its hard to for snl to "satirize" anything when they were the object of ridicule, every skit they had of hillary pre election showed her dancing with glee over her easy victory than the snl cold open right after her defeat shows her at piano playing hallelujah solemnly. lol

Old 03-13-2017, 09:55 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Exactly. the left hasnt learned anything from their ass kicking and its going to get alot worse in 2018.

You think snl could have found tons to laugh about on the left with all the russian conspiracies,russian hookers in hotel rooms, , pussyhats, womens marches meant to celebrate hillarys victory, liberal media outlets giving hillary 85-95% chance of victory etc

People celebrate the poor writing and the few people that watch this show, rush and bill oreilly get three times the viewers and listeners snl does every week

Of course its hard to for snl to "satirize" anything when they were the object of ridicule, every skit they had of hillary pre election showed her dancing with glee over her easy victory than the snl cold open right after her defeat shows her at piano playing hallelujah solemnly. lol
Another example of a trumpet upset over an SNL skit.

I'll never understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies