Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 09:13 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

I don't watch it. I had read that before the election, the show was barely hanging on. I watched a couple of clips during the campaign season of Bernie and Clinton impersonators, but other than that, I consider the show, well, just stupid and not something worth watching.

The fear is that Ivanka is the first female POTUS in the making. They should be afraid, very afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 11:46 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I believe that the SNL ratings are way up. They should thank Donald Trump for giving them so much new material each and every week.

Yep Trump is a laugh a minute.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:20 PM

14,479 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Ivanka is actually quite bit more beautiful than Scarjo.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:24 PM

8,493 posts, read 4,552,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Didn't Donald Trump say to Howard Stern that it is ok to call his daughter a nice "piece of a$$"?

Old 03-14-2017, 12:26 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
You guys really need to get a sense of humor , life it too short. It is a funny skit, nothing more, nothing less.

It's one thing for your leader to have thin skin, but you guys should be better than him. Trump sure can dish it out, but can't take it.

I love SNL, look forward to whatever they are doing the next weekend. Ratings are through the roof.

This.

Best thing that ever happened to SNL was Trump being president. I watch now when I haven't watched in years because they weren't funny anymore. Now they are funny.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:35 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,170,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
This.

Best thing that ever happened to SNL was Trump being president. I watch now when I haven't watched in years because they weren't funny anymore. Now they are funny.

Meh, the Trump skit like the Conan skit about President Trump calling Obama was funny the first dozen times, now they are just beating a dead horse.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:58 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
You know, I wanted to say that earlier but now that you have, I will back that up 100%. Much more beautiful.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:16 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
But, its not comedy. Its infantile name-calling.

And the objection some have to SNL is not that dim-witted "comedians" are having a hissy fit, its that media sources such as the NYT, which cannot stoop lower to say the same things as the nearly-without-responsibility morons at SNL, instead report SNL skits as though these skits are somehow news-worthy.

Its a transparent sham that many of us see through, but, many others find opaque.
And your location says Asia, so I am pretty sure NBC really cares approximately zero what you think.

Watch some of the other late-night shows if you think this is the only one parodying the Trumps--a bunch of billionaires who somehow tricked middle and lower-middle class people into think they cared about them. They will find out soon enough, as more and more benefits go to the super-rich, paid for by the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies