Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 06:18 PM

1,743 posts, read 987,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ this

It was obvious there was more to this story. This is a recurring theme, fans of sports teams from majority White schools will shout things like "USA! USA!" or "Go back to your country!" at teams that come from mainly minority schools.

In this particular case, the other school has a considerable number of students that are refugees.
I 'must' commend you for using recurring!

So many don't realize that it exists!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 06:28 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,563,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
That's fair.

The only problem that I would have is if the largely immigrant school was an American school .. how could chanting USA be considered racist?
I saw you praise another poster for the use of "recurring," so I know you are smart enough to figure this out on your own.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:32 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,147,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
It was obvious there was more to this story. This is a recurring theme, fans of sports teams from majority White schools will shout things like "USA! USA!" or "Go back to your country!" at teams that come from mainly minority schools.

In this particular case, the other school has a considerable number of students that are refugees.
Which is what happened.

According to comments made by people there, those dressed in red/white/blue were yelling things that, at the very least, were extremely unsportsmanlike. When a not-white student of the opposing team had the ball, for instance, they were yelling "DEPORT! DEPORT!"

And for the unsportsmanlike behaviour, the school apologized.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:41 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,666,932 times
Quote:
If people are so damn unhappy living within the United States, why they bother to fight instead of moving to some country that already has the their version of utopia. I wish they'd fn leave already

Old 03-13-2017, 06:46 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 16 hours ago)

27,541 posts, read 16,022,699 times
Must of offended the foreign students from the north side of town. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:21 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,661,760 times
If they were rude and yelling at the other players, then unsportsmanlike behavior should be the issue. not the colors they are wearing.

The school was right to apologize for the behavior.

Someone wants to make the colors the issue. Wonder what drives these people...

Old 03-13-2017, 07:42 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,563,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
If they were rude and yelling at the other players, then unsportsmanlike behavior should be the issue. not the colors they are wearing.

I don't know. Why don't you write to the site that published the article making it appear to be the issue, and ask them about it?

Old 03-13-2017, 07:50 PM

52,547 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

ARE YOU SERIOUS ?

I wear red, white and blue around here all the time and I haven't been attacked by a single member of the Ute or Navajo Nation yet. But then I forget - You cons have fallen in love with Red - red, red, red - no white or blue allowed. Silly cheerleaders!
you not getting attacked in Colorado by Indians means people weren't attacked in iowa?

that's weapons-grade stupidity

idiotic leftists never tire of jumping the 'racist' shark.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,886,409 times
Quote:
Everything is "racist" now!

[url=http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/it-is-now-blatant-racism-to-wear-red-white-and-blue_03132017]It Is Now "BLATANT RACISM" To Wear Red, White And Blue[/url]
Mac Slavo? I assume you know what SHTF stands for, since you used the link. Maybe you should use a more reliable source like Alex Jones.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:57 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,147,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

They know that if they misdirect the incident to make it look COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS, people will eat it up and click on their link again and again. Because advertising money is awesome...

If the headline was "School Apologizes for Unsportsmanlike Conduct" while the article conveyed how their actions were in poor taste, people would pass over it.

But with a headline like "PEOPLE WERE CALLED RACIST FOR WEARING RED, WHITE, AND BLUE"... yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies