Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 07:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
Update:
As with most things in life, I guess this is more complicated than it at first appeared. There is disagreement over interpretation of the exiting law.

This CNBC article shows a couple of perspectives.
Employers could demand genetic testing under congressional bill

Here is one quote, for example:
She said the law currently does allow employers to require workers participating in wellness programs to submit to genetic testing. However, opponents of Foxx's bill, including the American Society of Human Genetics, dispute that interpretation.

And Snopes gives a mixed review:
Does H.R. 1313 Require Employees to Submit to Genetic Testing?

H.R. 1313 would allow employers to offer substantial health insurance premium rebates to workers who take part in company wellness programs that may include submitting to "health risk assessments" including genetic screening (and thus charge more for insurance to employees who decline to take part).

I guess the bottom line is that, even under the existing law, you might want to pay close attention to what your employer actually does with this. Are they offering a reward, or imposing a penalty?

This is no different than Madona offering up BJ's for a Hillary vote....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 07:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinesOfDrift View Post
Great News! Need a HUGE banner that says WE ARE CLOSED! hanging somewhere it will get EVERYONE'S attention.
No more refugees regardless if any they are Christians, Muslims or Rastafarians.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:25 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
This will be fun to watch, Tennessee suing Trump over refugees, I'm sure Sessions will fight this tooth and nail.

Why are they so prettified of a few refugees.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:31 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
The people of Tennessee and a number of other states oppose refugee resettlement in their states. The people of NY, CA, WA support the importation of refugees. Simple solution-dump, er I mean resettle, them in the states that favor and welcome refugees. It's not that difficult people. Keep everyone happy.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:26 PM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This will be fun to watch, Tennessee suing Trump over refugees, I'm sure Sessions will fight this tooth and nail.

Why are they so prettified of a few refugees.
What makes you think this has anything to do with fear . Its about money. State money and federal mandates.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:32 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I see. When the right wing says that liberals need their safe space the right wing is childish too.
Well...It is the liberals who created all those safe spaces on college campuses.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:05 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Didn't Trump win a lot of the northern states? I think the migration is for other purposes.
Let's see - Hillary won CA - liberal, Washington - liberal, Oregon - liberal, NY, Vermont, NH, RI, CT - all taxed to the hilt and full of rules, regulations and BS. I think that covers it and many move to states like SC and Tennessee due to the low tax structure for retired people. Tennessee was one of the states we were thinking about - but if it's like NY with all the transplanted liberals thinking we need to take care of everyone but our own - we may move farther south.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:09 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
I see. When the right wing says that liberals need their safe space the right wing is childish too.

I think it's hilarious when lefties try to accuse cons of needing safe spaces. It's a bit of self ownage because the only people who ever made themselves REAL safe spaces were all leftists.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:26 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle bully View Post
i think it's hilarious when lefties try to accuse cons of needing safe spaces. It's a bit of self ownage because the only people who ever made themselves real safe spaces were all leftists.

lol

Old 03-14-2017, 04:08 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Tennessee sues federal government over refugees

Hopefully they'll win this suit! Of course the anti-Americans will whine like a stuck hog!

Good for Tennessee! I hope more and more States do this. If scumbags in Washington DC want to bring refugees from muslim based countries, they can house them there in DC, in their OWN city and homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies