Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 08:13 AM

8,116 posts, read 3,661,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Single people with no children get no Medicaid in Texas. Why do you dispute that? Just admit you were wrong and move on. Regarding a family of 3 in Texas:

Maximum monthly income limit for an adult caring for a child: $230

https://yourtexasbenefits.hhsc.texas...s-and-families

Looks like you've just misunderstood things again. The child gets Medicaid up to $40 000, but parents dont unless pregnant. Thats the smell of freedom.

Some people are just incapable of doing that. No amount of overwhelming evidence will help, they just want to stay in their alternative reality.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:11 AM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Docs generally didnt support Medicare as well in the 1960s, so we shouldnt take that too seriously. AMA is a very regressive organization.

Hospitals are not run by the government in other single payer countries like Canada, very different from the VA.
Yes, we'd better take that very seriously. If docs are not satisfied reforms will have a very hard time proceeding.

The AMA hasn't represented the main force of docs in many decades.

I haven't read the latest on 676. But a decade ago 676 folded hospitals into the program and out of private hands.

Yes we could go single payer and leave hospitals for the most part in private hands. And the docs.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:12 AM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No red state has expanded Medicaid? You're lying.
I still hate the red/blue thing. Red to me = Commie = Left.

Anyway, surprised me when red AZ went for expansion!

Old 03-24-2017, 06:41 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Hey, since Paul / Trumpcare went down in flames and Trump asked for a bipartisan solution.... maybe????

Old 03-24-2017, 07:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Yes, we'd better take that very seriously. If docs are not satisfied reforms will have a very hard time proceeding.

The AMA hasn't represented the main force of docs in many decades.

I haven't read the latest on 676. But a decade ago 676 folded hospitals into the program and out of private hands.

Yes we could go single payer and leave hospitals for the most part in private hands. And the docs.
That's what Canada already does. It's only the UK, as the most famous example, that doctors are also government employees. Despite that, a huge chunk of medical innovation comes out of the UK, from NHS hospitals

Old 03-24-2017, 07:14 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Seems this one has flown a bit under the radar with the GOP Healthcare bill getting all the spotlight, but a Democrat has put forth one as well. A system designed to give everyone insurance under the Medicare blanket.

You can read the contents of the bill here

I think Medicare's funding and how it's managed would need to be completely revamped to handle this kind of expansion. T'would be interesting to see the CBO's take on it.
It would enable Mr Trump to keep his promise.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It would enable Mr Trump to keep his promise.
Perhaps someone should tweet him a link. He probably doesn't know this exists.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:21 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Seems this one has flown a bit under the radar with the GOP Healthcare bill getting all the spotlight, but a Democrat has put forth one as well. A system designed to give everyone insurance under the Medicare blanket.

You can read the contents of the bill here

I think Medicare's funding and how it's managed would need to be completely revamped to handle this kind of expansion. T'would be interesting to see the CBO's take on it.
I think Trump himself would have no problem with it. But, he ran as a Republican. Sadly.

I think America should move toward this and catch up with the rest of the world. Our for profit health Insurance system isn't working. Crossing my fingers. lol

Old 03-25-2017, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I think Trump himself would have no problem with it. But, he ran as a Republican. Sadly.

I think America should move toward this and catch up with the rest of the world. Our for profit health Insurance system isn't working. Crossing my fingers. lol
There are some things in this bill that I do not agree with. No cost sharing is a recipe for over utilization of certain services for one. Things like this are where they could get with the republicans and hammer out a bipartisan bill.

These congressmen need to do some work for us instead of just bickering with the other party.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:11 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Single payer via Medicare expansion is the way to go, to catch up to the rest of the world.

https://twitter.com/Penalosa_G/statu...59821283774469

Please don't get me wrong - I actually do support a national system of some sort.

However, it seems as if it is hard to compare us to a country like Japan.

Does the US lag behind Japan merely because of not having a national system, or is it because of:

-Diet, some studies suggest the Japanese eat healthier, while most Americans in poverty are obese
-The US has more violence that expanded over that time
-The US has far more third world immigrants coming in with health problems and our demographics have changed a lot over the time frame
-Demographics of races that have different genetic health problems that you don't see to the same extent in Japan
-The US system creates essential monopolies for various insurance companies, medicines, etc...the same medicine is often significantly cheaper in Canada or Mexico

etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies