Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 12:34 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

"Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) on Tuesday threw cold water on remarks from top Republicans that legislation the Congressional Budget Office gave a dreadful score to is just one of three phases in the process of repealing and replacing Obamacare.

"There is no three-phase process. There is no three-step plan. That is just political talk. It’s just politicians engaging in spin," Cotton told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...re-replacement

Paul Ryan LIED? I'm shocked! (not!)

Old 03-14-2017, 12:36 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
And Spicy continues to lie at today's press briefing.

Same with Tom Price this AM on the talk shows.

You can't trust ANYONE in this administration.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:37 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Well no kidding

The first phase isnt even decided yet.

The third phase is a "plan to make plans."

Anyone who sought details could easily see that

Old 03-14-2017, 12:46 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Paul Ryan eluded to a three phase plan - but he is part of the swamp, and I'm not sure I would entirely trust the swamp on the right to push through three phases of anything.

The government needs to remove itself from the revenue stream of health care.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:48 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

Yep watching it now

Old 03-14-2017, 12:51 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:

I'm not going to call them liars anymore. They seriously don't think they're lying.

I'll call them brainwashed.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:07 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
Thank you, Mr. Cotton.

What disappoints me most is not understanding why Trump and his administration are backing this plan, why he and his administration are not telling us about or explaining what Mr. Cotton did - and on the contrary they keep trying to reinforce there is more to come so not to worry .. when I have always suspected that is not the case (especially since we don't seem to be starting with a clean slate here).

And yes, I already know that I will be condemned by Dems for asking about that/saying I am disappointed but shhhhh .. I know that but you also keep telling us that those who are generally Trump supporters never say anything about him that is the least bit negative too. Don't bash someone now who actually does question what is going on. We told you we would - that we are NOT sheep ... and most of us meant that. Our questions may be different than yours but we are questioning nonetheless and that is good for us all.

There may indeed be some great/overriding reason why this is happening ... something that I just can't fathom right now and I hope it is not that in order to get something else he is making a deal to sell us all down the river for that with this. One thing that I had hoped though was that I could count on Trump to tell us quickly what that may be even if he knew we may not like the truth - not to be just like Congress (who are, as most of us already know, shysters for the most part and Ryan is among the worst of the slime there) who never tell truth or full truth. He isn't doing that yet or right now .. he seems to back this and that concerns me greatly. If he truly does and believes this is the solution and the answer to his promise, he better explain quickly why and how that is because many of us can't see that .. and yes, I will say there is something wrong and his 'can be trusted' factor goes down a lot in my mind if that doesn't happen .. and soon.

I could maybe accept it if he would say that this is the best we can get (and explain even then why it is not as bad as it looks) but he has plans (and outline them in detail) to 'fix' that or he will veto if this comes to his desk so we can start over but that doesn't seem to be what is actually happening .. so yes, it is all very suspect in my mind. If he will actually insist on 3 parts .. tell us NOW what will be in each and how those all together will meet the objectives he stated he was trying to meet and when 'exactly' those will be pushed through, etc. Too vague for me right now.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:40 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I'm not going to call them liars anymore. They seriously don't think they're lying.

I'll call them brainwashed.
I don't know if I agree with you about these two, but one thing is for sure, Paul Ryan is most definitely a liar. He's the one pretending there are more parts of this POS to come, when he knows it's not true.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:53 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,343 times
Quote:

Or the last one. Or the one before that. Or the one...etc.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:54 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Or the last one. Or the one before that. Or the one...etc.
Let's just say nobody can trust anybody at anytime, government or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies