Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 08:23 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Customs bills reportedly show Trump's daughter’s company had 53.5 of tons of Chinese goods steaming towards American ports during Trump's inauguration speech in which he told the country, “We will follow two simple rules; buy American and hire American.”

At least 82 shipments also reportedly passed through US customs from China between the election on November 8th and February 26th.

Ivanka Trump was importing 50 tonnes of Chinese clothing as her father was saying 'buy American' | The Independent

I guess he forgot to add, "I meant everyone ELSE will buy American and hire American. I and my family will, of course, be exempt."

So much for MAGA. There is no level of hypocrisy that this family will not stoop to.
This goes against everything he said to the auto workers yesterday, he lied!

Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
We would all be buying American if it wasn't for the factories all moving overseas. Trump is trying to bring back jobs.

First president to ever care. I always bought American cars. Now one can't even know what is made here or overseas.

I used to look for a union label years ago. Now forget it.. it is from every country known to man except America.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:34 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
It's called doing business. Which most liberals will never understand - because the majority think they are so much "smarter than" the hand that feeds them.

What is or isn't made in the USA today & why not?

Go with the flow or price yourself out of the market.

Bring clothing manufacturing back to the US or don't.

Raise the cost of a pair of your tighty whities & wife beaters when made in the USA? You'd be buying the Chinese version to save $1. That's hypocrisy.

So let's stop pretending that you would pay extra to leave your skid marks/sweat stains in Made in America underwear.
So you agree Trump is dishonest and manipulative in HIS best interests

Old 03-16-2017, 10:40 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So you agree Trump is dishonest and manipulative in HIS best interests
Yup. Just a whole bunch of rambling just to say what you said in this post. ^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies