Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 02:06 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Actually, you got it all backwards. Liberals do comedy (too many examples to list) while conservatives are hate filled and notoriously unfunny people. I remember many years ago when FOX tried to do a comedy show, in the same vein as the Daily Show/Colbert Report. It was a miserable failure that folded in a month or two. The people who watch that network are too stupid to know the difference between satire and seriousness, and the people who espouse conservatism (like Weiner or Limbaugh) have never been funny, and never will be.

Humor and hate repel one another.

As far as this "vicious attack" on Weiner, it really shows what a bunch of snowflakes you conservatives are. Go find a safe space.
The Greg Gutfeld show is usually pretty funny.

Either way, a snowflake is NOT someone that complains about violence. A snowflake is someone who can't handle hearing words they don't agree with. Violence should not be acceptable behavior no matter which side of the debate you are on. If words cause you to act violently, then there is clearly something wrong with you. People on the left seem to be crossing that line a lot lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 02:09 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Limbaugh only sold his condo in 2010, he lived there for quite a while. And that's the thing, it's the taxes that drove him away, not the culture. He talked crap about liberal values but he apparently has no problem living in it, and would continue to do so if the price is more affordable.

Savage, I take it back if he moved from NYC. Another poster points out that he actually owns homes in the SF Bay and very likely lives there. He is another right-winger who talks smack about liberal culture that he happily lives in.

Parts of San Francisco are beautiful with no regard to ideology. If one can afford to live in those areas, I certainly don't blame them for doing so.

Other parts of the city smell like urine due to the homeless. In part, I imagine, the lack of cold weather is a year-round attraction for the homeless. The other part.... changes in California law and policy mean that offenses that once felonies are now misdemeanors, thus increasing drug use.

TLDR: Liberal policies made San Francisco smell like ****.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:09 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'd call getting punched in the head a vicious attack. I also found nothing funny in the thugs that rioted in Berkeley.

And I can guarantee you conservatives won't run to a safe space after a few more of these attacks. We fight back.
Was Weiner punched in the head? If so, why wasn't his assailant charged?

Old 03-16-2017, 02:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wow-that sickening post you made really shows the true depravity of liberalism. Liberals "do" comedy? No, they ARE comedy, like pathetic, sour faced clowns with zero humor.
Says the guy who has "Liberalism is a mental disorder" under his user name.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:11 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wow-that sickening post you made really shows the true depravity of liberalism. Liberals "do" comedy? No, they ARE comedy, like pathetic, sour faced clowns with zero humor.
You wouldn't understand comedy if I patiently tried to visualize the concept for you using crayons.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:11 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Michael Savage assaulted and bloodied at diner near San Francisco.
Probably by some retired intelligence officer.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:24 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Parts of San Francisco are beautiful with no regard to ideology. If one can afford to live in those areas, I certainly don't blame them for doing so.

Other parts of the city smell like urine due to the homeless. In part, I imagine, the lack of cold weather is a year-round attraction for the homeless. The other part.... changes in California law and policy mean that offenses that once felonies are now misdemeanors, thus increasing drug use.

TLDR: Liberal policies made San Francisco smell like ****.

But the culture of San Francisco is present in ALL parts of San Francisco. You could be in the very western edge of the city in Outer Sunset and you will run into nothing but blue liberals. It's not like there is a pocket of red somewhere in SF Bay that a supposed right-winger like Savage can find solace.

Furthermore, the Marin County where he lives is inundated with original hippies and SF transplants. You can't walk two blocks without running into some organic/nature/eastern philosophy thingy. They serve ice cream that is home grown, organic, wholesome and blessed by some refugee Buddhist with names that reference flowers and love and eating it helps give you inner peace so you can search for nirvana. I am not exaggerating, the Marin County has that kind of vibe.

And THAT is where Savage chose to live. Away from the blue collar Southern Baptist red-necks and with a bunch of Indian-God, yoga practicing, liberals.

Think about that for a minute and what it says.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:24 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The Greg Gutfeld show is usually pretty funny.

Either way, a snowflake is NOT someone that complains about violence. A snowflake is someone who can't handle hearing words they don't agree with. Violence should not be acceptable behavior no matter which side of the debate you are on. If words cause you to act violently, then there is clearly something wrong with you. People on the left seem to be crossing that line a lot lately.
That would make for an interesting demographic study, no?

"Why do those on the left have such an immature sense of self-discipline that they physically attack someone for merely voicing an opposing opinion?"

Some kind of a developmental delay or cognitive impairment, perhaps? It's as if they've devolved like the kids in Lord of the Flies.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:26 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Actually, you got it all backwards. Liberals do comedy (too many examples to list) while conservatives are hate filled and notoriously unfunny people. I remember many years ago when FOX tried to do a comedy show, in the same vein as the Daily Show/Colbert Report. It was a miserable failure that folded in a month or two. The people who watch that network are too stupid to know the difference between satire and seriousness, and the people who espouse conservatism (like Weiner or Limbaugh) have never been funny, and never will be.

Humor and hate repel one another.

As far as this "vicious attack" on Weiner, it really shows what a bunch of snowflakes you conservatives are. Go find a safe space.
Weiner got attacked? I thought it was savage?

Oh, and BTW, the dolts on the left still say it was palin who actually said she can see russia from her back yard.....

Your ignorance is noted....

Figure you would agree with a 74 year old man being beaten because of his views.....

I thought the left was the "tolerant" side....

I guess not....but glad you agree....

Old 03-16-2017, 02:29 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Was Weiner punched in the head? If so, why wasn't his assailant charged?
Because he lied to the cops and said savage pushed him first, while he had his dog in one hand and a bag in the other.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies