Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,295 times

Advertisements

I am amazed that your city will waste taxpayers money, voting to arrest the President and Vice-President of the United States. Stupid is as stupid does. No wonder the President has never visited your state. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 07:56 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
At any point after January 20, 2009, it will become possible for the current President and Vice President to be arrested by the federal government. And the prospect of it is hardly out of the question...

Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Being an elected official does not confer an unlimited immunity from prosecution for all manner of offences beyond the "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" required for impeachment. To do so would remove an elected official from all legal responsibility for their actions. This, I hope you will agree, is not a good thing.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:06 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,480,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wroblewski View Post
I am amazed that your city will waste taxpayers money, voting to arrest the President and Vice-President of the United States. Stupid is as stupid does. No wonder the President has never visited your state. LOL

I seen that flash on the news yesterday and have to admit i got a good laugh out of it.

Nice to see some people in this world have a sense of humor!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Better yet to see them have some spine.
They (Bush/Cheney) should have been tossed out and put in their rightful place in jail (better yet Guantanamo or Abu Graib) years ago.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:54 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,189,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
At any point after January 20, 2009, it will become possible for the current President and Vice President to be arrested by the federal government. And the prospect of it is hardly out of the question...
Arrested for what? The looney left has gotten so out of hand that it's no longer possible to disagree with someone politically based on policy. No, now the left has to demonize and personalize their disagreement and from that vitriole comes these absolutely stupid and looney suggestions.

Bush may not have been the best President in our history, but he rose to the challenge after 9/11, and so far, the mainland US has not been attacked in almost 7 years. While pacifist college kids who treat everything as an academic exercise may "feel" that "healthcare" and giving away other people's money is more important than a nasty "old white man's war", they show their immaturity and naivety. None of the great liberal causes they believe in matter if the country isn't safe.

Lincoln suspended habeas corpus and declared war on other US citizens to preseve the union. He was despised by half the nation at the time, but is now seen to be one of our greatest leaders.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:58 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
Interesting you became a member of City Data to make your first post in P&oC and call out Brattleboro.

I'm certain all the folks in town who are reading this are equally amused by your remarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wroblewski View Post

Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Remember, this is the same state that makes noises about seceding from the Union on a fairly regular basis. I personally adore Vermont, but, yeah, sometimes they're a breed unto themselves. (Which is not necessarily a bad thing, at all. )

Old 03-06-2008, 10:43 PM

478 posts, read 959,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
None of the great liberal causes they believe in matter if the country isn't safe.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... I see more Mexicans running around everyday.

The borders are being blown wide open. Is this some grand experiment... where... they invite potential "bad guys" in.... just to test all the surviellence methods they have enacted since 9/11?

Nothing in this "war on terror" makes sense. It never has.

And neither do the people who believe in it.

Those people in Vermont have grit. They are TRUE Americans. They see the lies and distortions.

So many others in this country are mindless followers. Void of any critical thinking, void of getting out of their comfort zone.... void of seeing all the blatant contradictions and insanity... that is right in front of their faces.

Sad, sad, sad. And really, just down right pathetic.

Rock on Vermont.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:41 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,189,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... I see more Mexicans running around everyday.

The borders are being blown wide open. Is this some grand experiment... where... they invite potential "bad guys" in.... just to test all the surviellence methods they have enacted since 9/11?

Nothing in this "war on terror" makes sense. It never has.

And neither do the people who believe in it.

Those people in Vermont have grit. They are TRUE Americans. They see the lies and distortions.

So many others in this country are mindless followers. Void of any critical thinking, void of getting out of their comfort zone.... void of seeing all the blatant contradictions and insanity... that is right in front of their faces.

Sad, sad, sad. And really, just down right pathetic.

Rock on Vermont.
I guess it depends on which side of the "ranch" fence you're sitting on. I agree with you that many are void of critical thinking, but I think we disagree on who those people are. What is pathetic is that a group of locally elected officials, who should be fixing potholes and buying fire trucks, are making rediculous statements about arresting a President of the US, with no legal standing to back up the silly talk.

BTW, we agree on the illegal aliens. That's why I'm not really optimistic based on our 3 potential Presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies