Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 01:29 PM

62,712 posts, read 28,915,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
tRUMP supporters only believe polls that agree with President Bonkers. Statistics?? What's that?

Illegal alien supporters only agree with polls that agree with them. Still with the childish name calling? May I suggest you grow up?

Old 03-19-2017, 01:33 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,884,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Gee, I would say yes to that question too. I support everybody to apply for legal immigration.

But the thing is the pathway already exists - "Go home and apply for legal immigration like everybody else."

The question really should ask "Would you support the idea that we should award the illegal immigrants with US citizenship, aka, amnesty?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal alien supporters only agree with polls that agree with them. Still with the childish name calling? May I suggest you grow up?
I may one day grow old, but I will never grow up

Old 03-19-2017, 01:36 PM

35,515 posts, read 20,876,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm an immigrant who had to pay more than I think is my fair share so you could get me as an American citizen. I think everyone should enter legallyl but I also think that the American people and govt. have to agree that they were complicit (haha) in this whole arrangement.

Back in the day the importing of migrant workers was a benefit to American farmers. They could not find Americans to do the work for the money -- and it worked to ship temporary workers in. When those temporary workers were suppose to go home and didn't it was Americans who paid them below market wages to do jobs for them. If Americans had not supported these people they would have gone home. The govt. figured -- meh -- no harm done right -- cheap labor.....just ignore it.

Instead they stayed...got hard working jobs...and worked hard. They ended up having children who were Americans by birth.....and then it got murky.

More and more started to see the USA as the promise land. But nobody did much to shut that down because it still was a market for cheap labor.

Then it started to become obvious paying the parents of the American born kids below market wages meant the kids were living in poverty and that wasn't right -- so they started getting benefits.

Americans started saying-- whoa -- when did these people sneak into our country......huh?

Now we want them all out and gone.

Yup -- I know over simplistic -- as I have said before purposely kept simple.

The USA govt. has to offer the parents of those kids that were born in the USA citizenship. Just do it. They are here anyways.

As for the dreamers -- the babies brought here and have known nothing else -- just do it - make them citizens.

It's not going to take away jobs from anybody. Trump is going to create jobs for everyone anyways -- and everyone who is here illegally is probably already working so they wont' be needing a NEW job. And I would argue that they can't be taking a job from a USA citizen

If you can find one American company that would prefer to hire an illegal immigrant than an American citizen -- please let me know .....I need to know.

I don't have a problem with the scum of the world being sent home but when you see a Mom who was tricked by ICE agents and sent home because she is illegal --- and she has kids here...come on -- this does none of us any good. It does not keep us safe...it does not give us more money. It does not create a job...it does nothing for all of us and it destroys a family.
I know the wealthy companies have kept their workforce cheap here or they outsource overseas. There should be some cut off some place and take it from there. One thing you asked about cos hiring illegal. First?? Oh yes! They do! The border needs to tighten . People get deported and back in within 3 days. But all must be done, not just parts n pieces. Like diet, need exercise and mind change - not just the majic pill .

Old 03-19-2017, 01:41 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,516,023 times
Quote:
We let them apply for citizenship from their US homes. They are part of America. US corporations encouraged them to come here since the 1960s to do the dirty jobs that Americans don't want. The government looked the other way....and that includes GOP administrations. It's not fair to pull the rug out from under them now. Those who have felony convictions...toss 'em out. But the others, let 'em stay.
Using the same immigration standard everybody else uses?

Old 03-19-2017, 01:45 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,358,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Americans wanting vs what immigrants want.

People come here to make money not necessarily to become citizens.

during the obama admin especially but not exclusively, the government has 'baited' immigrants with free stuff.

The feds think they are banks giving away free toasters to get customers to join.

Any immigrant that is conscious will think of all the free stuff they can get as a citizen and say what the heck, why not. No allegience, no love of country, just going after the free stuff the feds dangle at the end of their line.

No way 90% of american's want a path to citizenship for illegal aliens.

Call BS on that poll. surely they used misleading questions to arrive at those 'alt facts'.

They actually polled 9 illegal alien immigrants and one American citizen.

How do they expect that ratio to believable? Oh wait, the upper 10% may own lettuce farms and may also need their lawns mowed.....so.....

Old 03-19-2017, 01:47 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,516,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Like any other criminal act. You determine severity, intent and outcome, then you rule. I think deportation should not be the only sentence. I think parents of American kids should not be banned from applying after sent home,,,but if they get deported good luck in ever coming back legally... Facts..
Children have no fault. Why are you wanting to punish them? That's very cold. There are options if some were not so obtuse and it make us money.

I don't want to punish anybody. They CHOOSE to come here ILLEGALLY.

If I commit a crime and have to go to prison, would you let me stay out because I have children?

Old 03-19-2017, 01:48 PM

62,712 posts, read 28,915,839 times
Quote:
I may one day grow old, but I will never grow up

So sorry for you to have made such a silly choice. I find civil debate is so much more enjoyable and mature than childish name calling. You accomplish nothing by that as people don't take you seriously then.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:52 PM

35,515 posts, read 20,876,462 times
Quote:

If I commit a crime and have to go to prison, would you let me stay out because I have children?
No but maybe you only get a fine, probation, house arrest, community service... Why can there not be different penalties? Obtuse or is it because you paid the uscis fees and time it took to get here??

Old 03-19-2017, 01:54 PM

22,338 posts, read 11,869,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No but maybe you only get a fine, probation, house arrest, community service... Why can there not be different penalties? Obtuse or is it because you paid the uscis fees and time it took to get here??
You don't realize that by allowing illegals to stay here, it's a slap in the face to those who obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here. Why should illegals be rewarded for breaking our immigration laws?

It's against the law to be here illegally. Anyone who wants to live here needs to obey our immigration laws. Why should a scofflaw be rewarded?

Old 03-19-2017, 02:02 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,815,895 times
Quote:

Excellent response!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies