Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 01:35 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,463,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Yeah, O'Riley thinks they didn't cover a specific crime that happened in Maryland in their primetime becasue of political bias. Even if that's true, does O'Riley actually have room to talk about this? Fox is biased too, and both over editorialize their "news." O'Riley isn't bringing up facts about illegal immigration and crime rates; he's pointing to specific examples for emotional appeal.

See, that bothers me. It bothers me because I think the news should not editorialized or made into a partisan issue. Editorial is fine so long as it's secondary to journalism. Neither CNN nor Fox can actually pass that test. This issue, in contrast, bothers YOU becasue it's not political in the way you prefer.
O'Reilly has always said he was a commentator, not a hard news reporter. If you are a news reporter THAN REPORT THE NEWS but they don't if it isn't politically correct to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 01:36 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,476,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Probably because O'Reilly shined a light on it and their looking the other way. Also, I see the rapists lawyered up and are now blaming the girl. Those "innocent boys" need to be protected you know.
When did he go off? The links I see are 16 to 48 hours old.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:36 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,574,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
hmm.. I just googled Maryland rape and there were links to stories by BBC, CNN, ABC, Daily News etc..

For right wingers, that's not enough. They need radio announcers barking to their listeners about it and anchors on CNN and MSNBC talking about it daily to keep from talking about something else.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5OMv5LlISk

Seems we are getting sharia law here. It's the girl fault, straight out of the sharia law book.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:39 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,217,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
O'Reilly has always said he was a commentator, not a hard news reporter. If you are a news reporter THAN REPORT THE NEWS but they don't if it isn't politically correct to do so.
News reporters have to consider what is within their logical "authority" to report. A national news reported has to report on nationally relevance news. A crime in Maryland may not have that much national significance. That's just a fact. Even if the discussion on illegal immigration and crime is brought up, this story won't be that helpful. It's a number; that's it. Unless you have a reason to editorialize it by personalizing the issue. O'Riley is championing Fox for making a crime in Maryland their big story, but he's championing a politicized story, designed to create emotional appeal. This is exactly what the current media crisis is going on. People don't trust the news for a number of reasons. Fox's are one of those reasons.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbr-rI-5xkk

Old 03-24-2017, 01:49 PM

Maryland high school rape case sparks immigration row| Latest News Videos | Fox News

Old 03-24-2017, 01:54 PM

5,280 posts, read 5,207,353 times
What makes this rape so newsworthy? Where is O'Reilly and Fauxnews at about all the other rapes that take place in this country?

Old 03-24-2017, 01:56 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,610,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
What makes this rape so newsworthy? Where is O'Reilly and Fauxnews at about all the other rapes that take place in this country?
It was perpetrated by two illegal immigrants with a history of crime.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,917,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
An "idiot" that makes over $15,000,000 a year.......How much do you make?
Exactly -- while I may not agree with them -- Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh -- are very talented and no how to do their job. They are exceptional entertainers given their life span and audience size.

I can't stand listening to them, but I don't care for liberal blow hards either.....Rachel Maddow, Michael Moore (not the same level at all but have to give up some kind of liberal angle right).

You can say his opinions are idiotic and you disagree with them but he knows how to do his job...and he's doing quite well.

For the record-- I think he's using this as an attack on MSM to bolster his credibility and I think that is a callous, cold, calculating use of a tragic incident for personal gain.

But he knows how to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies