Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 06:38 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times

Advertisements

that's because you as a liberal leftist are totally naive and out of touch with reality? Good family people?
Really? so why can't they come to this country LEGALLY like everyone else? You endorse people coming across the border illegally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
This type of logic is riddled with tunnel vision. You see illegal immigrants and think rapists. I see illegal immigrants and I think hard workers and good family people. You can't put any group of people into one box. MOST illegal immigrants aren't depraved monsters like these two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 07:13 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I see illegal aliens and I think law-breakers, identity thieves, tax cheats, etc., etc., because that's true. How else can an illegal alien work in the US? They either have stolen or fake SS# ID, or they're paid cash off the books and pay no taxes.
Or their employers give them SS#'s in order to exploit cheap labor.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
No matter how you see them they are still law breakers and don't belong here. There are legal ways to enter the country, either use them or be shown the door.
As always, this answer is overly simplistic and fails to take into account the role our government and corporate infrastructure plays in this complicated issue. I urge you and many others to take a day (yes a full day) and research the history of labor in this country as it relates to our friends south of the border. Its not nearly as black and white as some make it out to be.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:17 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
This type of logic is riddled with tunnel vision. You see illegal immigrants and think rapists. I see illegal immigrants and I think hard workers and good family people. You can't put any group of people into one box. MOST illegal immigrants aren't depraved monsters like these two.
Can you work this language into legislation so we can have a new category of immigrants?

Old 03-27-2017, 07:18 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Or their employers give them SS#'s in order to exploit cheap labor.
Still illegal aliens illegally present in and illegally working at a paid job in the US, no?

Deport all illegal aliens. Problem solved. No illegal aliens for anyone (including Chaz Bono - did you see that flap?) to hire.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
that's because you as a liberal leftist are totally naive and out of touch with reality? Good family people?
Really? so why can't they come to this country LEGALLY like everyone else? You endorse people coming across the border illegally?
Yes, I am a liberal leftist. You use it as an insult. Its not.

No, I'm not naive and out of touch. As a matter of fact, I'd wager that I'm more in touch with this issue than you are simply because I actually know and live among illegal immigrants in my area. Yes, they are good family people. They are hard workers and they are here to give their children opportunities they themselves didn't have.

Listen, I know its easier to look at this issue in a very black and white context of good and bad. It takes less energy and time and thought to look at it in such a simplistic manner. But the facts are this: Some illegal immigrants are very bad people and hurt others. Other illegal immigrants are hard workers who contribute to our economy and communities in very positive ways.

I don't endorse illegal border crossing however I also understand that its not just people coming here that are the issue. Companies hire these people all the time and these people are looking for better lives. If we reform the immigration process, make it less expensive, etc. I sincerely think we'd see a drop in the number of illegal immigrants we have in this country.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Still illegal aliens illegally present in and illegally working at a paid job in the US, no?

Deport all illegal aliens. Problem solved. No illegal aliens for anyone (including Chaz Bono - did you see that flap?) to hire.
Problem not solved.

No one ever wants to admit it but illegal aliens do the work Americans will not do at the wages paid by these companies. Its easy to say "Well companies will just have to pay Americans more or Americans will have to learn how to live on less." You and I both know neither of these things are solutions to the problem.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
As always, this answer is overly simplistic and fails to take into account the role our government and corporate infrastructure plays in this complicated issue. I urge you and many others to take a day (yes a full day) and research the history of labor in this country as it relates to our friends south of the border. Its not nearly as black and white as some make it out to be.
It's not all that complicated despite your claims to the contrary. Remove the ability for illegal aliens to work or get any social services and the majority of the problem ends and those still here will either get legal or self deport.
See, not complicated at all.

I will now await the usual (baseless) rant about how the price of lettuce will go up to $5 a head and there will be no maids,janitors,kitchen workers or gardeners and our economy will fall apart...

Old 03-27-2017, 07:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Problem not solved.

No one ever wants to admit it but illegal aliens do the work Americans will not do at the wages paid by these companies. Its easy to say "Well companies will just have to pay Americans more or Americans will have to learn how to live on less." You and I both know neither of these things are solutions to the problem.
Crap, just complete crap. The reason the wages are low is that there are people who have no choice but to take them as they are here illegally.
Remove the cheap (slave) labor and wages will rise or, the companies will figure out how to automate as much of it as they can.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:36 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Problem not solved.

No one ever wants to admit it but illegal aliens do the work Americans will not do at the wages paid by these companies.
That's total BS, according to the Washington Post. Anyone would have to be completely daft to think US Citizens won't do the following jobs, stolen from Americans by illegal aliens:

Quote:
Where Illegal Aliens Work, By Industry - Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies