Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 09:12 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times

Advertisements

So, the name of the waiter or his side of the story hasn't been released?

Anyone else find that as odd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 09:53 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, the name of the waiter or his side of the story hasn't been released?

Anyone else find that as odd?
I doubt the restaurant will release the waiters name. Who would want that publicity?

I believe this story however. There are stupid people on both the left and right. The girls work for an illegal immigrant advocacy group and the waiter could have overheard them and then asked for proof of residency.

Not everyone is worth defending and we don't know anything about the guy. He didn't ask for "I.D", he specifically said "proof of residency." Just a stupid thing to say and do. Who knows, maybe the guy will say something, but I don't expect it.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:00 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,005,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
ID also proves if you are old enough to drink.
Proof of residency status does not.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:11 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I doubt the restaurant will release the waiters name. Who would want that publicity?

I believe this story however. There are stupid people on both the left and right. The girls work for an illegal immigrant advocacy group and the waiter could have overheard them and then asked for proof of residency.

Not everyone is worth defending and we don't know anything about the guy. He didn't ask for "I.D", he specifically said "proof of residency." Just a stupid thing to say and do. Who knows, maybe the guy will say something, but I don't expect it.
Why wouldn't they release it? If it's true, they really have nothing to fear.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:12 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7cc5738786f7
The so called president inspires yet another hate crime. Just once I want to see one of these bigots get an attitude adjustment. The bigots have become very emboldened by Trump.
I read he's a liberal Hillary supporter. How is Trump inspiring him?

Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,777,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post

So since this story first broke (& was reported by the "prestigious" Washington Post) we have found out that they in fact DID order drinks. (not reported at first....and kind of important). & we have now found out that the girl (or girls?) work for an Illegal Immigrant Advocacy group.

This story is starting to smell like 3 day old fish tacos.

So I guess the waiter was either:

1. A racist & a Hitlerian youth.
2. A racist & a Trump Supporter.
3. Merely following the procedure of his employer (which used a stupid way of IDing patrons of drinking age). By having their waiters ask for "proof of residency" instead of asking to "see a drivers license".
4. Was careless, confused &/or stupid.....and actually mis-spoke (on his own) the words described in #2. (To determine if a person was of drinking age.)
5. Was trying to determine the city of residence...so the party of 4 girls could get a 20% "locals discount".
6. Or....found the curly headed girl & possibly youngest girl attractive & wanted to get their names for future Facebook sleuthing. Not realizing that the chubby one was in fact, a Social Justice Warrior, who's livelihood & entire reason for being is to Advocate for people who are in our country illegally. & is constantly on the lookout for a chance to play the "Bigot" card at any opportunity that presents itself.

Did I leave anything out?

It would be interesting to get "the rest of the story" from our dumb, racist or aroused young waiter.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:16 AM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
So since this story first broke (& was reported by the "prestigious" Washington Post) we have found out that they in fact DID order drinks. (not reported at first....and kind of important). & we have now found out that the girl (or girls?) work for an Illegal Immigrant Advocacy group.

This story is starting to smell like 3 day old fish tacos.

So I guess the waiter was either:

1. A racist & a Hitlerian youth.
2. A racist & a Trump Supporter.
3. Merely following the procedure of his employer (which used a stupid way of IDing patrons of drinking age). By having their waiters ask for "proof of residency" instead of asking to "see a drivers license".
4. Was careless, confused &/or stupid.....and actually mis-spoke (on his own) the words described in #2. (To determine if a person was of drinking age.)
5. Was trying to determine the city of residence...so the party of 4 girls could get a 20% "locals discount".
6. Or....found the curly headed girl & possibly youngest girl attractive & wanted to get their names for future Facebook sleuthing. Not realizing that the chubby one was in fact, a Social Justice Warrior, who's livelihood & entire reason for being is to Advocate for people who are in our country illegally. & is constantly on the lookout for a chance to play the "Bigot" card at any opportunity that presents itself.

Did I leave anything out?

It would be interesting to get "the rest of the story" from our dumb, racist or aroused young waiter.

No, you pretty much summed it up.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:25 AM

19,821 posts, read 12,084,715 times
Is the restaurant being sued? The comments on FB are visceral. There is more to this story than is being presented in the articles. Already, the news articles intentionally left out that the young ladies ordered drinks. So many times these stories that blow up in the news based on a FB claim end up being fake. Hopefully the truth, whatever it may be, will come out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QblkQ-J6zio

Old 03-20-2017, 11:30 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,490,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why wouldn't they release it? If it's true, they really have nothing to fear.
What would the restaurant have to gain by releasing his name? Nothing. Releasing his name could leave them open to a lawsuit since they had no reason to release his name.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:31 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
"Advocacy Group", end of thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies