Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 08:33 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
There's indisputable evidence -- a Tweet from Trump. It's not like any of his other Tweets were fallacious.
You got to love the unwavering loyalty.

Too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 08:35 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
let's just stick with what we know. There was no direct collusion between Trump and Russia. I agree with you on that. The Obama administration started investigating it last summer and with all the time and money wasted nothing has been discovered.

Regarding Trump and wiretapping. Why do you need this story to go away so badly?

Big question why was Flynn being monitored and how? Who else? Who released it the transcripts to the MSM? If one political party is spying on the other one about to take over that is way more serious than any Russia nonsense.

There is something to all that and its way too early to come up with any conclusions at this point even though the left wants to sweep it under the rug.
And, who was leaking PRESIDENT Trump info like when he spoke to foreign leaders after taking office?

Old 03-23-2017, 08:51 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nunse verified that team Trump has been caught up in several criminal investigations.

This can't be good.
Yes--I don't see anything good that came from his actions/behavior or his language in trying to "clear" Trump of lying about Obama's illegal involvement in wiretapping Trump...
Nunes likely is using something as "proof" for his comments that came from a WH "agent" so Trump is leaking something to help his case when he has derided and defamed leaks and leakers when they have HURT him/his policies/his comments--vs when leaks like WikiLeaks has helped his case...

But Nunes seems to be as dumb as a rock when he does stuff like this so HE might think he did a good thing.
My husband says Nunes has an ag degree--so you can't expect much from that...
Rick Perry also has an ag degree---two similar IQs I imagine...

Old 03-23-2017, 11:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
https://theintercept.com/2017/03/16/...sia-collusion/

Key Democratic officials are clearly worried about the expectations that have been purposely stoked and are now trying to tamp them down. Many of them have tried to signal that the beliefs the base has been led to adopt have no basis in reason or evidence.

Looks like we are nearing the end of this Trump - Russia conspiracy nonsense. I am almost starting to feel bad for the left reaching one dead end after another trying to stop the Trump presidency. Almost.
Not so fast.

I realize the loyal Trumplings who still hang on the man's every tweet are overly eager to see their boy vindicated and are likely to allow their emotions to get in the way of whatever vestige of logic they may still possess.

But don't be premature.

This whole tRump-Russia thing is just getting warmed up.

Stay tuned for further developments.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:58 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I, a liberal, will admit there wasn't any direct collusion between Trump & Russia......if a conservative on here will admit that Trump had zero evidence that his phones were tapped and he made all of it up based on an article he read on a conservative website.

Any takers?
The article was the damn NYT!

Old 03-23-2017, 12:03 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Of course, the Russian ambassador would visit the WHI 30 time over an 8 year administration. This works out to about three times a year and seems perfectly normal with state dinners and matters of mutual concerns and all.

But why would the Russian ambassador meet with Trump campaign folks at all, let alone numerous times?

Pizza pedophile conspiracies and devil worshipping rituals aside, the Russian-backed WikiLeaks release of hacked DNC emails were fairly ho-hum stuff of a campaign staff coordinating efforts, coming up with strategies. Yet Trump carried on like they were the Pentagon Papers. Roger Stone bragged about his "back door" access and evidence points to him carrying on several "innocuous" dialogues with the hacker supposedly involved.

Manafort's assistant joins Trump campaign folks at RNC to change wording on party platform to be more Russian friendly. Manafort himself is being investigated now.

Then there's J.D. Gordon, Carter Page...

If you have evidence that people from the Trump campaign were not coordinating efforts with the Russians, now would be the time to bring it up.
He did NOT meet with Trump campaign people several times, let alone once. Sessions met with him AS A SENATOR and it IS HIS JOB. Why are you outright lying?

Old 03-23-2017, 01:35 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
No he didn't
He met him more than once--
Once was in his office but there is no record of what they talked about--
Could have been anything including Trump's golden shower predilections...

You are speculating based on your political slant
My comments are based on MY political slant
But There is considerable overt circumstantial evidence of suspicious activity and interaction between Trump's supporters and Russian actors
That is why the FBI and other IC agencies are investigating this interaction...
And why I think there is going to be something found...

Trump has just been lucky so far that no one has really looked that hard at all the illegal things he was involved in...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies