Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times

Advertisements

Looks like the hard right wants to kill healthcare insurance all together by removing the requirement to provide essential components.

ESSENTIAL health benefits.

Inpatient care
pre and post natal care.
Mental health and substance use
Your prescription drugs
rehabilitation, (massive amount in here)
lab tests
Preventive care..
chronic disease management. (so most pre existing conditions WILL cost more )
Pediatric services
emergency room

(that is my cut down quick list the real one has vastly more in it)

This is last second plan to allow insurers to sell "hollow" insurance to consumers will end up as a race to the bottom This will result in everyone having to be an insurance expert and a doctor just to buy insurance
This is perhaps the worst possible way insurance could ever be sold. Consumers will be forced to drill down and fully understand every single word in the fine print to buy insurance.

The Republican plan to gut essential health benefits is truly disastrous for all Americans - LA Times

This would be worse than it was before Obamacare, poeple will buy insurance, try to use it, only to find buried in the small print almost everything is excluded. Shifting the costs back to the buyer. Most people will NOT be able to navigate the obstacle courses that insurers will build to hide the lack of coverage.

Remember one of the huge wins for Obamacare was capping the percentage PROFIT insurers could take. Trumpcare will allow them to sell you plans that are all profit almost no cover. This is what the GOP wanted all along, a clean path to getting back to ripping off Americans.

ObamaCare Essential Health Benefits full list of what is considered "essential"...

Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,343 times
They did it to themselves. No compassion on my part until they wise up.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:45 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,481 times
I just want to buy an insurance policy that fits my needs. Choice is not having the exact same plans from BCBS, Aetna and Cigna to choose from. Health insurance should be as readily available and in as many different flavors as car insurance.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:47 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
I like Mark Meadows take on healthcare. Totally scrap Obamacare and then come up with some sort of safety net for the 15% that didn't have it beforehand. Not free insurance for them and anyone wanting it would have to go through strict qualifications to assure tax dollars not wasted. Not taxpayers place to be paying coverage for anyone except those that TRULY need it. Tie in a work requirement like other countries and the system might be viable.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:47 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Let's see...a thread started by a Trump hater with links to the biased liberal LA Times and an Obamacare facts site.

This thread couldn't possibly be biased, could it?

Old 03-23-2017, 09:48 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I just want to buy an insurance policy that fits my needs. Choice is not having the exact same plans from BCBS, Aetna and Cigna to choose from. Health insurance should be as readily available and in as many different flavors as car insurance.
And exactly what would those plans include/not include?

Old 03-23-2017, 09:49 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Why not just leave Obamacare completely intact as is, but repeal the individual mandate? The individual mandate is one of the biggest issues most people I know who oppose Obamacare have with it.

I can't believe that these people want to do this to the sick and downtrodden. They are truly evil people. Even worse, they are doing it while waving the Bible claiming to be doing God's work.

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
Red states already have the worst healthcare in the developed world. Combine that with high levels of medial debt, obesity, falling life expectancy, and an opioid crisis - you have a public health disaster. Republicans are screwing rural America with this bill.

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Let's see...a thread started by a Trump hater with links to the biased liberal LA Times and an Obamacare facts site.

This thread couldn't possibly be biased, could it?
everyone is biased about everything. Or do you not understand the greater world you live in.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
We need affordable healthcare. We do not need health insurance. I do not envy the residents of all of the RED counties that Voted for The Donald and/or their Republican Legislators and Governors. These folks bought the spiel and are, along with the people that were not fooled, going to pay the price for this mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies