Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 10:43 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times

Advertisements

What was that chant that the Trumpkins use to like to chant? Oh, yeah I remember it now....

"LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"

Old 03-20-2017, 10:43 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Is this post a classic example of damn the messenger?
Comey was ordered to publicly testify under oath today. He and Rogers answered all questions asked by the Committee.

Where did he cross the line? why should he be taken out back and shot?
He wasn't ordered to testify about any investigation into ties between Trump and/or his campaign and Russia. He offered that up himself.

Violating his own rule not to talk about an investigation not completed, or is that really his rule, who knows anymore? Clearly his rule is to stir the pot and then talk about only the bits and pieces he wants to. Who knows what the heck his agenda is.

He and Rogers didn't answer all questions, as mostly they invoked not commenting on what they didn't want to comment on.

As well as they were asked to testify on the process of masking/unmasking names of Americans caught up in their surveillance of foreigners. I didn't think their answers were very satisfactory, but I may have missed that as I had to step away a couple times.

They also imo did not have a satisfactory answer as to why the Congressional Intelligence committee was not briefed on their investigation of Trump Campaign until a month or so ago. In fact, I found Comey to be particularly evasive about that. His reason of it being too sensitive made no sense, as how is it any less sensitive today.

Finally, with regard to the leaks coming out of their offices, there answers were dismissive bordering on arrogant imo. If I recall, this is one of the things they were supposed to be there to testify about.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 PM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Bloody day for the White House

Wallace on Comey Testimony: 'A Bad Day for the Trump White House' | Fox News Insider

Old 03-20-2017, 10:50 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Notice he says they are determining "if a crime has been committed"..

In other words... it's all hypotheticals blown up by the media at the present moment.. Certainly it doesn't warrant multiple threads regarding this topic.
But when it was investigations into Hillary it was all a foregone conclusion she was guilty and the Donald was all to happy to lead the "lock her up" chants. Goose meet gander. And how many threads were started about her "crimes"?

Last edited by 0marvin0; 03-20-2017 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: additional thoughts

Old 03-20-2017, 10:59 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Notice he says they are determining "if a crime has been committed"..

In other words... it's all hypotheticals blown up by the media at the present moment.. Certainly it doesn't warrant multiple threads regarding this topic.
There was enough credible information 8 months ago to warrant the FBI to start an investigation, so it is more than hypothetical stories blown up by the media or the FBI would not have wasted it's time and tax payer money looking into this.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Impeach Trump!! Lock him up!! Impeach Trump!! Lock him up!! Impeach Trump!! Lock him up!! Impeach Trump!!Lock him up!! Impeach Trump!!

Old 03-21-2017, 12:01 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy
I think he needs a vacation, maybe to Florida.
Dont worry Tim,he will be going there again shortly!! (uughh)

Old 03-21-2017, 12:02 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Thanks, but I don't need to watch the video. I saw Comey speak this morning. I agree that he got "very close" and he probably has a lot of dirt on Trump and/or his campaign, but I don't want to do what Trump did to Hillary when Comey said he found more emails. IMO, that could have cost her the election. Trump took the ball and ran with it and lied and lied about the seriousness of Comey's letter, even saying she would be indicted. Then it turned out that the FBI found zilch. I don't like Trump, but I think we need to wait to see what the investigation uncovers. Again, I wish Comey had brought up these allegations before November.

Right!

Comey decided to hide communications associated with Hillary's pay-for-play criminal adventures by setting up an illegal server in the Clinton basement and then delete some 33,000 e-mails before sterilizing the hard drive with bleach bit.

Yep, it's all Comey's fault that Hillary was perceived to be a criminal and habitual liar by most voters, and if he had just ignored those e-mails found on Weiner's laptop then Hillary would have won all three of the rust-belt states that ultimately cost her the election.

It's a nice enough fairy tale, but that's all it is.

Democrats wrote off white males thinking blacks would show up for Hillary the way they did for Obama, but they didn't.

Union members in rust-belt states (like me) were supposed to bolster the non-white-male coalition, but we didn't.

That's why Hillary lost.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:15 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Right!

Comey decided to hide communications associated with Hillary's pay-for-play criminal adventures by setting up an illegal server in the Clinton basement and then delete some 33,000 e-mails before sterilizing the hard drive with bleach bit.

Yep, it's all Comey's fault that Hillary was perceived to be a criminal and habitual liar by most voters, and if he had just ignored those e-mails found on Weiner's laptop then Hillary would have won all three of the rust-belt states that ultimately cost her the election.

It's a nice enough fairy tale, but that's all it is.

Democrats wrote off white males thinking blacks would show up for Hillary the way they did for Obama, but they didn't.

Union members in rust-belt states (like me) were supposed to bolster the non-white-male coalition, but we didn't.

That's why Hillary lost.
Habitual liar? Trump makes Clinton look like a choir girl by comparison. And as far as criminality goes, treason is a far worse crime than anything Clinton was even perceived to have done. Enjoy denialism... it's all ya got.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:17 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yes, it is very odd that Comey announced the investigation of Clinton emails found on Anthony Weiner's computer right before the election, BUT didn't announce that the FBI was looking into Trump's ties to Russia or that Russia was trying to influence the election. He absolutely made it an uneven playing field.

It is odd, but so is setting up an illegal server to hide communications associated with pay-for-play criminal activity and then deleting 33,000 of these e-mails and then removing all evidence by bleach biting the hard drive that the deleted e-mails were stored on.

Hillary could have avoided all of this by not selling access and favors to the highest bidder and laundering the money through her family's charity front organization and not violating section F of the Espionage Act.

The reason Comey is the bad guy is because Hillary's supporters are desperately trying to make their candidate someone that she is not.

Hillary is a criminal and habitual liar and you just cannot change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies