Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 03:03 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
This thread could have easily said almost no texas Congress members oppose a wall, basically no one wants to take a stand on anything on the record. Some are cowards watching which way the wind blows politically but all of them seem to favor some form of the wall and much stronger border security.

This wimpy behavior by republicans is exactly why I wish trump republicans would start running for office like tea party republicans , start electing nationalists and america first types and get rid of these mainstream republican wimps, if mainstream republicans had their way we would have some mainstream middle of the road texas republican like w. bush and jeb or a guy like ted cruz who would have lost to hillary clinton and we would have had 12 straight years of Democrat presidents

79 percent of trump supporters were in favor of building a wall across the entire U.S.-Mexico border, according to a Pew Research Center poll in August.

What a hell of a thing to wish on the American people. You democrats did enough in 8 years to mess this country up and you want 12 to completely ruin it ? Trump was elected because the democrats were running the country in the ground. Happy next 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 04:16 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHAT? :

You mean Mexico hasn't already mailed him the check?

Another pipe dream hits reality?

SHOCKING!
Yes! Just like that whole eliminate 100% of the national debt in 8 years. Maybe not building the Wall will get DJT closer to that pipe dream.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:20 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
I don't think Trump ever had any intention of building a wall. He just thought it would be a great way to con all the suckers into voting for him, and he was right. Like any good politician Trump understands that the typical American voter is a sucker and one is born every minute.
I can't believe that thought never occurred to me. I'm the biggest skeptic there is when it comes to politicians and their promises, but even I thought Trump believed he could actually build this wall. Your idea makes a lot more sense, especially considering the fact that Trump seems to have forgotten about it already.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Many of them back a wall. Contiguous is the issue. Nice try though
Less than half the public views border wall as an important goal for U.S. immigration policy

Asked about eight possible goals for U.S. immigration policy, majorities rate each one as important, except one: Only 39% view building a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border as a very or somewhat important goal.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ration-policy/

Last edited by Donna-501; 03-20-2017 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: forgot the link

Old 03-20-2017, 05:43 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Why wouldn't we rely on 100% of Texas' members of congress, the state with the LONGEST border with Mexico?

Oh...and 25 of the 38 TX congressional delegation are Republicans.
Texas has the longest U.S. border with Mexico. Zero of its 38 members of Congress support Trump's wall.
Too many get confused, it isn't all "wall" but a combination of increased border patrol agents, electronic surveillance and natural barriers. In 2006, Bush signed the Secure Fence Act, so this really isn't a Trump thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

I wonder if the taxpayers in their districts know the illegal aliens cost the taxpayers in TX $12.1 billion in 2013 or that crimes associated with illegal aliens is rather high: https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/...-2993-murders/ and https://www.dps.texas.gov/administra...Statistics.htm

By the time they wake up, if the border isn't secured, they'll regret it. I have seen many people from TX post that actually have to interface with the illegal aliens, and they appear to really, really want the border secured.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Why wouldn't we rely on 100% of Texas' members of congress, the state with the LONGEST border with Mexico?

Oh...and 25 of the 38 TX congressional delegation are Republicans.
Texas has the longest U.S. border with Mexico. Zero of its 38 members of Congress support Trump's wall.

Because, there will be no border wall along the Rio Grande River. That is a natural mote, as long as we are not in a drought.
You going to build a wall on the Mexico side, Texas side or down the middle of the river bed?
LOL!

Old 03-20-2017, 06:45 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Wow. I'd say this pretty much puts the final nail in the wall's coffin. No way this passes the House if the entire Texas delegation is against it.

Today is not a good day for the cult.
Let's find a new name for them. The Cult is a great band and I don't want Trump associated with them.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:09 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
Lets say the wall is a good plan. What are they going to do about the Rio Grande? Build a wall down the middle of it?
Infest it with sharks. Behind the metal fence. Right?

Old 03-20-2017, 07:12 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I never thought a big fence was nothing but a Band-Aid to help the symptom,. Not to cure the problem.
I got nothing against tourists. I got everything about setting up house and getting a job.

Employer sanctions with seizure of ALL personal & business assets, because they have been acquired illegally. While they are at it, redefine what the anchor baby clause is not there at all. There is your WALL!
You realize those employers hold the puppets oops congress strings, never happen , can't even make e- verify mandatory .
Not much you can do about the babies.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:25 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You realize those employers hold the puppets oops congress strings, never happen , can't even make e- verify mandatory .
Not much you can do about the babies.
Making E-Verify mandatory by itself would go a huge way towards combating illegal immigration. Of course, that's not as 'sexy' as a massive wall and Gestapo style roundups of Hispanics ... and it would hurt their big money donors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies